What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stacking RB/WR (1 Viewer)

Stack or not?

• Stack

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Don't stack

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

beanman6969

Footballguy
I am in a 12 team redraft league, 0.5 PPR, 6pt passing TDs, 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1DST 1PK. Picking 11 spot this year.

In mock's melvin gordon is falling to me a lot, and on the turn Keenan Allen is as well. Would you guys stack these two players?

I understand every touchdown or reception one gets, it's essentially being taken away from the other, and if the team goes off then it could potentially be a huge week. What are your thoughts compared to other people I could take going around the same time? (julio, hunt, cook, fournette, gronk)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like stacking WR/RB combo's. Because that bye week will be tough. Especially top two picks like that.I would run with either Cook or Fournette if they are are. More towards cook cause of the PPR.

I like the stack but I don't search it out.  I take the players I think are the best for the time I am picking.  If they happen to be on the same team so be it. 

Having the stack like this somewhat limits your ceiling (both players can't score on the same drive) but it does increase your floor (if there is a TD having the top WR and RB gives you a better shot of getting a piece of every TD).  Depends what matters more to you.  Ceiling potential or high floor potential. 

I prefer stacking RB/QB and QB/K to RB/WR. I think RB/WR is a push, but makes a team more susceptible to a tough schedule of defenses and more successful against a soft schedule of defenses.

When you stack like this using the rate my team app it tells you that doing this will make your team more consistent which makes total sense since if the team is behind the WR will do better and when they are ahead the RB will do better. I think stacking with high round picks though hurts your teams upside too much while stacking with lower round picks is better since you get that consistency. I wouldn't stack my RB1 and WR1 but I could see stacking a RB2/WR2/3 or TE.

Users who are viewing this thread