What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draftkings - week 1 (1 Viewer)

Zyphros

Footballguy
Let's begin shall we?

I'm mostly going to focus on cash lineups but some of my comments will filter over into GPP play.  If someone wants to expand on GPP please feel free.

QB's - I'm thinking Andy Dalton (5800) is a pretty safe bet week 1.  He plays the Colts at home, their defense is still a mess and all his weapons are healthy.  Very safe floor I think as I don't see Mixon or Gio getting rushing TD's very often, he's going to throw at least 2.  Only problem is he's on the road but I've really liked what I've seen from him so far this preseason with a healthy Eifert, resurgent Green, Boyd and Ross playing compliment as well seems poised to be good value all year.  

Other options - If you want to pay a little more I'd go with Rivers (6400) Brees (6800) or Cam (6900) probably, I just didn't fiddle too much with those lineups to see what other positions it would spit out at me, but there's value everywhere I feel.  Bortles is my hidden gem (5600) but that's the GPP play I think.

WR's - Keelan Cole (3800) is automatic for me.  I think he's guaranteed for ~8 targets or more with Lee out and it's not like the Giants are great on defense, here's to hoping he busts a big one.  Kind of risky but he's so cheap shouldn't be too hard to return value.  Chris Hogan (6100) #1 target for Brady at WR with Edelman out, seems like a nice fit for what looks to be a shootout on paper vs Houston.  Stefon Diggs (6300) again it seems a little risky but Cousins seems to trust him already and I'm more playing the matchup and the targets than anything else.  He's getting his targets and it's another defense that seems soft.  

Other options - I certainly wouldn't fault anyone for paying up at WR but I think the easy value is in the middle or later on.  Just have to be smart at finding them.  Crabtree (5400), Funchess (5200), Sanders (5000), Stills (4700), Amendola (4200).  I think those are mostly the other options that I would use based on how I wanted my core lined up.

RB's - Christian McCaffrey (6400), this is where the preseason matters.  He's being used heavily and his floor is amazingly high with his receptions for cash games.  Easy bet I think.  Kenyan Drake (5900) there's probably better value somewhere else but he's a bright spot on that Miami offense and he's gamescript proof even if they get down early.  The Titans didn't scare me at all in preseason as a legitimate threat of a team so I'm hoping for a close game, but I feel like he hedges that bet even if they go down.  Lamar Miller (5200), everyone expects improvement to that whole team with Watson being healthy so Miller is the beneficiary to that.  He's the only running threat (other than Watson) in what projects to be high scoring.  Sign me up.  

Other options - I just have a feeling about the Saints this year and Kamara (8500) is going to come out guns blazing against a divisional team.  Maybe I'm wrong but I generally don't like spending high on anyone in cash games.  Mostly because it requires so much for them to return value.  I like Fournette (7100) quite a bit as well.  He looked really good in preseason and they're likely to lean heavily on him.  Again that's where I pivot and go Bortles in GPP but Fournette in cash seems like a nice grab.  I'm scared of most of the big RB's due to matchup or questions about their team.  DJ, we don't know what he'll do with that new offense with Bradford, Zeke has 2 question marks on his o-line now, Bell won't be himself when he returns to the team (if he returns?).  So I'm fading the big names and going for the guys that seem like their in a matchup proof situation.  Peyton Barber (4100) is the other name I'm filing away for now but he makes me a bit nervous in cash.  

TE's - I think you're risking this no matter what you choose, so I'm mostly going Gronk or Kelce in some fashion (6900 and 6400).  Olsen (5400) has a lot of competition for targets, Walker (4900) doesn't seem to be fully healthy by seasons start at this point, Engram (4700) has a ton of competition (even more than Olsen).  Maybe the play is Doyle (3600) but with Ebron there, and a not quite himself Luck seems risky for cash, so I'm paying the premium.  GPP I think Eifert is a nice option.  He's a TD magnet and healthy, what more could you want from a guy costing 3400?  ASJ (3200) is the other GPP option I think, he's looked good, pass catchers are limited in JAX and they're likely to score.  

I'd just add Baltimore is an autoplay for cash, but I like NO for gpps. Assuming burkhead is healthy he should be a great cash play too. My TEs are going to probably be some combination of Njoku, Reed, and Ebron/Doyle.

Anyone playing the Thurs Kickoff game?

was going to throw a dart for fun

Captain: Bryant (probably a losing strategy, but a 40 yd FG will return TD value and hoping for low ownership)

Foles, Ertz, Agholor

Ryan, Freeman

The problem is week 1 the chalk is usually rather obvious. Even without many injuries, you’ll have to take a position on Kamara, BaltD, Cole, ASJ for sure and maybe a couple others. These guys fall into the “good plays that will be so highly owned you may not want them” category. 

sup guys.

Take a look at Derrick Henry @ MIA for a GPP play. Miami was one of the worst rush defense in the preseason, I think they could be a squad to be run on all season and could be overwhelmed by TEN's offensive line. 

Preseason game 2: MIA @ CAR - Christian McCaffrey (5 attempts, 92 yards, 1 TD), Kenjon Barner (5 attempts, 72 yards)

Preseason game 3: MIA vs BAL - De'Lance Turner (5 attempts, 75 yards, 1 TD)

I think Henry goes over 110 yards and hits paydirt twice.

Anyone playing the Thurs Kickoff game?

was going to throw a dart for fun

Captain: Bryant (probably a losing strategy, but a 40 yd FG will return TD value and hoping for low ownership)

Foles, Ertz, Agholor

Ryan, Freeman
the winning team had no qb or kicker. 1 defense. Julio as the capn, coleman with no freeman. About 40 tied for first. I missed by a couple of points and pulled $50 but I had Ajayi as capn and had freeman instead of coleman- 3 teams had the same lineup as me.

.25 gpp took 3rd with 219.78 and cashed for .50 in a freeroll with 189.45. Too much Fournette and Hogan in my other lineups. $4.50 in $4.01 out.

I had a good day yesterday with a lineup that came in with 222.06 in 5 gpps (4 single entrys and the big one $20), pulled $240. Won a handful of the new DK tiered format with a 237!

QBDrew Brees11.9%

3 PaTD, 439 PaYds, 1 300+Pass, 1 2PtPass 34.56

RBKenyan Drake5.0%

18 RecYds, 48 RuYds, 3 REC 9.6

RBAlvin Kamara33.5%

1 RecTD, 2 RuTD, 112 RecYds, 29 RuYds, 9 REC, 1 100+Rec, 1 2PT 46.1

WRMarquise Goodwin8.4%

WREmmanuel Sanders18.2%

1 RecTD, 135 RecYds, 10 REC, 1 100+Rec 32.5

WRMichael Thomas19.1%

1 RecTD, 180 RecYds, 16 REC, 1 100+Rec, 1 FUM 42

TE Mike Gesicki1.8%

11 RecYds, 1 REC 2.1

FLEX James Conner25.5%

2 RuTD, 57 RecYds, 135 RuYds, 5 REC, 1 100+Rush, 1 FUM 38.2

DSTRavens20.4%

6 SACK, 2 INT, 1 1-6 PA17

TOTAL FANTASY POINTS: 222.06

-------------------------------------------------------------

I had 5 of the same players as the $1M winner. Goodwin (injured early) goosed me and Gesicki only had one catch although he did have a short redzone target that was picked because of a poor Tannehill toss.

I've got 4 entrys in the DK $5 Monday night special. GLA!

Users who are viewing this thread