What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Just lost Marqise Lee & Alshon Jeffery now what? (1 Viewer)

Archiebonker

Footballguy
Just wanted alittle advice. Our league has been around for years and is a deep tough league to play in. I just lost Marqise Lee and wanted your opinion on who I should try for in our Blind Bid Wavers next week? 

1. Rishard Mathews TEN
  2. John Ross CIN
  3. Josh Doctson WASH 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Westbrook makes a big jump with Lee out, but if he's not out there or you don't want him I think it depends on the rest of your team..

Matthews probably has a higher floor and Ross probably has a higher ceiling but he can be a boom or bust player.

If you need somebody to count on, take Matthews.  If you need someone to fill a bench space and possibly contribute, take Ross.

I don't take Doctson over any of the players listed.

PIck up Cole. He's my favorite of the JAX WRs, and I believe the safest of the bunch for production/floor.  I like Dede, but there's a ton of competition for targets among 3-4 guys, whereas Cole was already the #1 who is now the #1. 

Thanks guys. Cole was snapped up right during our Draft (which was a longer 2 day draft because of the distance, 16 members).  Yup, shred move by the competition.  lol

So it's a bit of crap shot once Blind Bid wavers opens up next week. 

Depends on the rest of your team, is this going to be a starter or just a bye week fill in guy? If just a bye week I'd go with Ross, if you need every week production I'd chance it with Doctson.

Well......   I just lost Jeffery now too. :( .  So at the moment Tyreek Hill / Nelson Agholar / Paul Richardson. 

Marqise Lee gone for the season 

Alshon Jeffery gone for 2-3 Weeks. 

Deep er league with 16 members. Blind bid waivers start on Sunday.  

Tough giving me some names with not knowing what's available.  But any deep sleepers? 

at this point most people LOVE the guys they drafted, so I don't think there would be much competition for bids. I think i'd just put a minimum bid on a list of guys and take whoever I get. 

I would agree that Guys like Mathews then Ross would be decent add's if you would possibly have to start one in week one. Maybe even Cordarrelle Patterson also.

Personally, I'd drop Paul Richardson for either of those two. I'd also drop Richardson for John Brown, Lockett, or Westbrook

Morning... Thanks.  That Richardson idea is something to think about.  I have Tyreek Hill, Nelson Agholor , Paul Richardson.  (Thank Marqise Lee and Alshon Jeffery).  2WR and 1 Flex spot in the starter. 

Some interesting names. Mathews, Ross, Brown, Lockett Doctson (Westbrook is gone)

Do you guys like Kirk Christian ARZ or Albert Wilson MIA ?    I might be picking up 3 now (if I drop Richardson) 

I wouldn't give much for R Matthews.  Sure he'll be on the field and have some decent games.  As a long time Titans fan, I can tell you that investing in a Titans receiver rarely has much upside.  Generally low scoring offense with big plays & scoring opportunities spread out among too many different players to get consistent production (D Henry, D Lewis, D Walker, C Davis, R Matthews, T Taylor, J. Smith, T Sharpe).  That's just too many mouths to feed to trust that Matthews is worth playing any given week.

I'd take a flier on someone with more consistent opportunities like T Lockett, J Ross, & J Brown.  Those 3 will likely get more consistent target numbers or you can go with someone with high TD scoring upside like J Doctson, M Williams, or maybe even take a flier and see if you can pick who will be the #2 Saints receiver (T Ginn, C Meredith, T Smith) as that job still seems to be a competition that may change over the first few games.  Everyone listed is a best guess dart throw, so I wouldn't spend much on any until you seen on-field evidence.

Awesome advice, thanks. Well I have time. I'll do some filler bids in for a few guys But I like the names you put up here. Some of them are available to pick up. 

What do you guys think of Moncrief... he's on my list I'm looking at too.  

So so far, I should have Two spots and I'm not sure if I should keep  Paul Richardson. Not that I want to spend a ton to start of the season, I think I should go and try to find some guys that will last this season and I like taking gambles on guys that "might" be sleepers. 

I appreciate the help guys. 

Thanks.. heard that. I'm still going to put a bid in on Sunday for one or two WR's.  Ross has to be on top of my list. Need to keep searching for any other sneaky picks... this is the best time to make them when everyone is still sleeping and not thinking of picking up anyone yet. Like Unrebel said, guys are still in love with their teams. 

Thanks for the ideas guys. 

I think Westbrook makes a big jump with Lee out, but if he's not out there or you don't want him I think it depends on the rest of your team..

Matthews probably has a higher floor and Ross probably has a higher ceiling but he can be a boom or bust player.

If you need somebody to count on, take Matthews.  If you need someone to fill a bench space and possibly contribute, take Ross.

I don't take Doctson over any of the players listed.
I agree. I was happy to see Lee go down as I own Westbrook in keeper 2 leagues and think this is a great opportunity for him to shine.

I'm looking to make a bit of splash to start the season and over haul the WR position. Let me know what you think. 

Drop Marqise Lee 

Put Alshon Jefferey on IR (we have one spot for that)

Drop Paul Richardson 

Bid for 

John Ross

Courtland Sutton

Cordarrelle Patterson 

Users who are viewing this thread