What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Annual Guys Trip - Norris Lake - Looking for new ideas (1 Viewer)

doowain

Footballguy
Me and a big group of buddies (16 total) go to Norris Lake in Tennessee on what was biennial but has now become an annual excursion the weekend after Labor Day.  We rent the best houseboat we can find and anchor/tie off in a cove by a bridge (which we jump off during the weekend)  The boat has everything you need for day to day.  2nd deck has a grill, bar, hot tub, slide.  Cabin has a full kitchen, living room, etc. One of our buddies brings his boat down for wakeboarding, skiing, what-have-you.  We have a couple kayaks for fishing.  This thing has really evolved over the years to the point where we now have swag bags in our rooms when we arrive with logo'ed things (our boat trip has a logo) -- yeti colsters, shirts, etc.

We get there Friday morning and stay through to Monday morning.

Booze, good food, water sports, poker, water balloon launcher, drones, beer pong...over the years we've pretty much run the gamut on ideas to keep things fresh and entertaining.

Looking for any ideas that we may or may not have thought of in the past.

Bringing a Raspberry Pi loaded with a ton of old games on it (Mario Kart, etc) and a projector/outdoor screen for some late night drunken/baked competitiveness.  Considered the water hamster balls you climb in and try to walk on the water but those are $200 each and I can't really find a place that rents them.

Food - something easily prepared/nearly prepared beforehand that can be thrown on the grill or in the oven

Activities - anything really

I've been racking my brain for weeks on something new to bring to the table and figured this group has to have better ideas than me.

Both real suggestions and shtick welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your style. 

Although the inevitable fiery head-on collision might put a damper on the weekend.
Exchange the jetskis with air mattresses then if you are such a  wuss so security conscious

Going with the assumption there is plenty of boy on boy action, so may I suggest: girls.
Girls?  Ewww

**we go on this trip to get away from our wives...why would we ruin it with girls we can't touch.  We can see them just fine with our creepy binoculars.

With all the husky dudes food connoisseurs on this board, I know there have to be some good recipes floating around in your heads.

Bringing a Raspberry Pi loaded with a ton of old games on it (Mario Kart, etc) and a projector/outdoor screen for some late night drunken/baked competitiveness.  Considered the water hamster balls you climb in and try to walk on the water but those are $200 each and I can't really find a place that rents them.
Aren't you FBG material?   And 16 dudes can't split this cost??

ETA...Look what I found

Aren't you FBG material?   And 16 dudes can't split this cost??
Fair enough.  I was trying to be the hero and bring it on my dime, but can't justify $400 (gotta get 2) for something that will be used once a year and will likely find a tree branch or rock that rips it wide open before the end of the weekend.

I'll open it up to the group and ask they shoot the locks off their wallets.

Shotguns can add a note of whimsy to almost any occasion.

Get a drone capable of delivering (dropping) obscene messages/notes to boats full of honeys.

An inflatable, floating  trampoline, don't forget the inflation device.

More limes and grapefruits than you did last year, and a panoply of intoxicants.

Serious question - you all sleep on the boat?
Yeah.  Sleeps 18-20.  Bunks.  And a handful of queen beds that dudes double up.  Never had to do that though.  You pick your bunk as you pay throughout the year.  You pay late, you are sleeping nuts to butt with someone.

Users who are viewing this thread