What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My first IDP "Rate My Team" post! (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
Howdy IDPers! 

Had my annual IDP redraft 12-man draft yesterday & I'm feeling pretty good about it. 

It's a high scoring league, with 1 PPR, .1/1 Ru/Rec, .05/1 PaYd, 6 Pt all TDs, and it's a bit tackle heavy with 1 point for 1/2 tkl, and 2 pts per tkl. 2.5 points per 1/2 sack (5 per sack) and 5 pt interceptions spice things up as well as 2 pts FF & DFR. -2 FL, and -3 Ints. 

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 O-FLX, 1 TE, 1 K, 2 LB, 2 DL, 2 DB, 1 D-FLX, with an 11 man bench

1.11 - M.Gordon
2.02 - k. Allen
3.11 - A. Collins
4..02 - S.Diggs
5.11 - Deion Jones 
6.02 - Chandler Jones 
7.11 - Chris Hogan 
8.02 - Cam Newton
9.11 - Peyton Barber 
10.02 - Trey Burton
11.11 - Lavonte David
12.02 - Melvin Ingram  
13.11 - James White 
14.02 - Kelvin Benjamin
15.11 - Adrian Peterson
16.02 - Andrew Luck
17.11 -  Kiko Alonso
18.02 - jabaal sheard
19.11 - Adrian Amos 
20.02 - Frank Gore
21.11 - J.Tarrt 
22.02 - Amendola
23.11 - John Brown
24.02 - Ronald Darby  
25.11 - Darius Leonard
26.02 - Ricky Seals-Jones
27.11 - Matt Prater.

QB - Cam

RB - Gordon/Collins

WR - Allen/Diggs/Hogan

O-FLX - Barber

TE - Burton

K - who cares

LB - DJones/LDavid

DL - CJones/M.Ingram

DB - Amos/Darby

D-FLX - Kiko Alonso

Was very much hoping the turn would take Allen/Julio so I could land Thomas - that's probably how it goes in most drafts, but the 12-team had Allen 2 years ago, and was still bitter, apparently. While I love Allen, I wasn't planning on going with RB/WR from the same team. I missed Fournette by 1 pick in the 1st, which hurt a bit as I had him over Gordon, and would have also diversified my team. Ah well. 

Otherwise I'm feeling pretty good about this team - always hard for me to judge IDP though. My strategy is always "best pick available", with a rough outline of what I'd like to achieve balance/depth-wise. That's why I grabbed Newton in the 8th (I usually wait much longer) when I never intended to have Newton on any team. I'd hoped Barber might slip to the next pick, and amazingly he did.  Takind Luck in the 16th seems ridiculous, but y'all know how IDP-ers alter ADP when the runs start.

I usually wait until the 7th to take my first defensive player, but the 1st run started with 2 DL and 1 LB 5 picks before me in the 5th, and DJones is my #1 ranked LB for this format (and I had him last year, full mancrush :wub:  and CJones my #2 ranked DL - I feared an extended run on D, so I went for it with this turn hoping Hogan would make it back to me. 

Anyway, look forward to your thoughts & please leave a link for me to check out your teams as well! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking mainly at the IDP side, given the forum you posted in:

DL:  love this pairing, and Sheard is an excellent late round depth choice.

LB:  Deion Jones has a good shot at LB#1 this season.  David is a player that gets consistently ranked high, but hasn’t lived up to it in a while.  Tampa stat crew is among the best for fantasy production though, makes him solid as LB2.  Not excited about Alonso, and Leonard is a gamble easily replaced if needed.  Expect you will find yourself mining the waiver wire for LB depth throughout the season.

DB:  Waiting till late at DB was the right call, and Amos is undervalued.  Generally prefer tackle-producing safeties over CBs, so not as thrilled with Darby as a DB2.  Easiest position by far to stream and find wiaver gems though.  No worries here.

A little concerned that going idp early would cost you at offensive positions, but you managed a solid slate of RB talent, and a strong pair of QBs (personally I expect you will be starting Luck by midsesason and happy about it).  Your weak spot is WR depth...you may find yourself trying to trade for a WR if injuries hit the wrong way,

Overall a very strong effort for a first IDP draft.   No doubt the FBG forum folk can grab some vicarious credit for that.   :P

Darius Leonard might be the rookie LB to own when all said and done.... You got a steal in him at  the end of the draft.
Thanks, I was intrigued by his ability & mane of the sites (FBG included) have him highly regarded. Everything I've heard so far has been positive. 

Looking mainly at the IDP side, given the forum you posted in:

DL:  love this pairing, and Sheard is an excellent late round depth choice.

LB:  Deion Jones has a good shot at LB#1 this season.  David is a player that gets consistently ranked high, but hasn’t lived up to it in a while.  Tampa stat crew is among the best for fantasy production though, makes him solid as LB2.  Not excited about Alonso, and Leonard is a gamble easily replaced if needed.  Expect you will find yourself mining the waiver wire for LB depth throughout the season.

DB:  Waiting till late at DB was the right call, and Amos is undervalued.  Generally prefer tackle-producing safeties over CBs, so not as thrilled with Darby as a DB2.  Easiest position by far to stream and find wiaver gems though.  No worries here.

A little concerned that going idp early would cost you at offensive positions, but you managed a solid slate of RB talent, and a strong pair of QBs (personally I expect you will be starting Luck by midsesason and happy about it).  Your weak spot is WR depth...you may find yourself trying to trade for a WR if injuries hit the wrong way,

Overall a very strong effort for a first IDP draft.   No doubt the FBG forum folk can grab some vicarious credit for that.   :P
lmfao - I've commissioned this league for 12 years. It's my 14th IDP draft - it's just the 1st time I've asked anyone what they thought of it. I kinda forgot/didn't know there was an IDP forum here.  :unsure:

But thank you for the feedback - I am 100% in agreement. I see DBs as the kickers of the IDP world. Last year plucked Berry off the wire, and LBs seem to fall out of nowhere - there's 3-4 I'd like to pick up right now. 

I kind of kick myself over Newton - it was a punt. I am commish, so I run the clock, and we had a keg this year so I was getting a little buzzed by that point. I looked at the lists and nothing excited me at any position - forgetting my philosophy that every pick at the turn is a reach (since 20 picks between) I should have taken Crabtree or one of the other unexciting WR3 types. But in my scoring system Newton projects as the QB4-5, and I felt like he was the best value. Plus I was so busy managing the clock and marking other's picks, plus the buzz I kinda forgot to research and basically punted as a "F it" pick. 

I'm hoping Luck shows me a lot more once the season starts, and that Cam starts hot so I can deal him. Several Cam fans in my league remarked that they thought he'd been picked, which tells me there's opportunity there. 

Cheers! 

Ps - don't sleep on Tarrt this year. In 10 games he had 55 tkl, and 1 Int before the injury. I expect in a full season that'll translate to ~90 Tkl & 3-4 Ints, with a FF & maybe 1-2 DTDs. He's being overlooked by pretty much everyone (he was a write-in pick - they didn't make a sticker for him)

lmfao - I've commissioned this league for 12 years. It's my 14th IDP draft - it's just the 1st time I've asked anyone what they thought of it. I kinda forgot/didn't know there was an IDP forum here.  :unsure:
Oops.  I completely misread something in your original post.  Doesn't change any of my analysis of course.  Just earns you less credit for a draft performance you should expect of yourself by now.  :P

Ps - don't sleep on Tarrt this year. In 10 games he had 55 tkl, and 1 Int before the injury. I expect in a full season that'll translate to ~90 Tkl & 3-4 Ints, with a FF & maybe 1-2 DTDs. He's being overlooked by pretty much everyone (he was a write-in pick - they didn't make a sticker for him)
Yes, I like Tartt a lot.  Unfortunately, I said that last offseason, and I think the offseason before that as well.  Like Lavonte David, Tartt is one of those guys I keep expecting to be amazing, and for various reasons it hasn't happened yet.  Sometimes it finally does, sometimes it never does (DeVonte Parker...Sammy Watkins...).  David at least has done it before.  And I am being suckered into starting a season with Tartt as my DB2 yet again...so we can join each other in the "bragging, grieving venting" thread once we get a sense of how his season is heading...

Oops.  I completely misread something in your original post.  Doesn't change any of my analysis of course.  Just earns you less credit for a draft performance you should expect of yourself by now.  :P
Haha - exactly. If I suck I can’t blame the forum now. lol

Yes, I like Tartt a lot.  Unfortunately, I said that last offseason, and I think the offseason before that as well.  Like Lavonte David, Tartt is one of those guys I keep expecting to be amazing, and for various reasons it hasn't happened yet.  Sometimes it finally does, sometimes it never does (DeVonte Parker...Sammy Watkins...).  David at least has done it before.  And I am being suckered into starting a season with Tartt as my DB2 yet again...so we can join each other in the "bragging, grieving venting" thread once we get a sense of how his season is heading...
   :hifive:

Ditto.  Sign me up if that thread starts...hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread