Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shadrap

Guys YOU are targeting

38 minutes ago, Team Smokin' said:

I agree on 3 of the 6 you mention - White worth a look, Cole is way down the ADP on many lists who could pan out for weekly plays now and then and could emerge as a hot waiver wire pick up, and like you said Ben Watson as Brees security blanket as my TE #2.

Other WR's late round picks I am eyeing besides Cole are Stills, Lockett, Golladay, Miller, John Brown (hmmm), and watching Mike Williams along with Sutton and James Washington. I'll probably end up with two from this list on any particular team. Some will go undrafted and become waiver wire pickups.

John brown was available super late in most of my drafts but the most recent started getting scooped up. Golladay seems to go earlier than what I’m considering, although probably meets that “loose criteria.” 

I think Drake is about the only guy I can stomach owning in Miami. My own advice would have me consider the wr1 on a bad team, but ewwww. I considered williams, but feel that he will be td dependent and kind of up and down. 

I agree @Dr. Octopus that there are a lot of familiar names. I compiled my list based after doing 5 drafts and was always surprised at how far White slid or how no one took a shot on this or that guy. A couple of those are 10 team drafts as well so some guys probably would be picked up in a 12 team league.  Hard finding late round rbs that will have standalone value without injury. Riddick seems to be going late/undrafted as well. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

QB

• Rivers
  • Alex Smith
  • Garoppolo

RB

Top Tier:

• Fournette
  • McCaffery

B Tier:

• Alex Collins
  • Lamar Miller

Middle Rounds:

• Peyton Barber
  • Chris Carson
  • Carlos Hyde
  • James White
  • Giovanni Bernard

Fliers:

• Chris Warren
  • Matt Breida
  • Chris Ivory
  • Marcus Murphy

WR

Top Tier:

• Keenan Allen

B Tier:

• Landry
  • Cooks
  • Crabtree

Middle Rounds:

• Emmanuel Sanders
  • Goodwin
  • Funchess
  • Lockett
  • John Brown
  • John Ross

Fliers:

• Gallup
  • Keelan Cole
  • Martavis Bryant

TE

• Rudolph
  • Burton

D

• BAL
  • LAC

K

• Who cares

Sanders is an odd name for this type of list but I agree. He looked fantastic in the preseason game against Washington. He looks 100% healthy and a primary part of the Denver plan. He’s a guy who is boring enough to fall below where he should go in many drafts. 

• Like 1

I know Dodds loves Ingram, but I don’t get it. He can play 1 out of the first 6 weeks and that will probably be a ramp up game. I guess it depends on league type, but that’s half the fantasy season. 

When he returns, there is no way they can replicate what they did last year for 2 RBs. I think he is worth right at his adp from week 7 on, but that’s no return for throwing away the first half imo. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, leave a whisper said:

The 3 I try to walk away with in every league:

WR- Hogan (as my 3)

WR- Sutton (as my 5-6)

TE- Gesicki (as my 2)

Who outperforms Hogan or Edelman?

10 minutes ago, cheese said:

I know Dodds loves Ingram, but I don’t get it. He can play 1 out of the first 6 weeks and that will probably be a ramp up game. I guess it depends on league type, but that’s half the fantasy season. 

When he returns, there is no way they can replicate what they did last year for 2 RBs. I think he is worth right at his adp from week 7 on, but that’s no return for throwing away the first half imo. 

And the schedule is vicious from week 7 on

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cheese said:

:goodposting:

Saw this referenced on Twitter this morning as well.

scott pianowski (@scott_pianowski)

8/28/18, 11:39 PM

Mark Ingram sits four weeks, then gets a cold start in Week 5, then a bye. It could be Week 7 or 8 before you really trust him. Planning for the second half of the year is cute, but I want a fast September start, and I want leverage and flexibility. Ingram pricy, too. Hard pass.

scott pianowski (@scott_pianowski)

8/28/18, 11:42 PM

One last Ingram note - schedule after bye is at Baltimore, at Minnesota, Rams. Defenses will fluctuate and maybe that won't look bad midseason, but it's not fun right now. Ingram has been overdrafted all summer. Wait is too long, and team has never been in love with him anyway.

I'm way late to this party...we had our draft on Sunday and I didn't get to any of this reading until now. DANG

Here are some notable guys I am seeing in here still sitting on our WW in a 12 team PPR league with .1 return yardages to boot.

RB: James Connor, Lat Murray

WR: John Ross, Sutton, Allison, Tra'Quan Smith

TE: Eifert

I drafted Crowder and Mike Williams...do I dare ditch a guy like Aaron Jones or Rishard Matthews (who I don't see in these threads) for Ross (coming along, gets some return yards, 5+ pts for TD catches over 40 yards)?

2 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I guess it’s a product of everyone spending a ton of time on these boards reading the same stuff but it’s funny how all of these lists are very similar.

Very true!

9 minutes ago, Buck Bradcanon said:

I'm just here for NoCheese quoting cheese. 

:lmao::lmao:

I was afraid the forums would collapse into a black hole. :shrug:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Buck Bradcanon said:

:goodposting:

Saw this referenced on Twitter this morning as well.

I got Ingram at the 6-7 turn. If he gives me BYE week coverage and flex value I got a steal. 

Look at his production last year in the split role. While kamara was incredibly productive, Ingram operated as the primary RB, nd got the GL carries.

pianowsky is one of the better analysts, but I’m not really feeling him on this. He does seem to hedge it all by mentioning where Ingram is picked (“over drafted”) - but for those of us who got him late, the value Is there. 

Pianowski also assumes a “cold start” week 5. Ingram has looked fantastic in preseason & Peyton said he got more preseason reps than usual to help prepare him for the absence. That doesn’t sound like a coach who’s planning to not use him. He’s also specifically said that Ingram’s absence will not result in more touches for Kamara, which tells me we’re talking about the wrong RB being overdrafted.

personally I don’t see how Kanara repeats, and predict a slight decline. Taking him over Fournette or Gordon seems foolish, but I digress.

my favorite part of of Ingram is that (knock on wood) he can’t get hurt in the first 4 weeks.  That also has value to me, and since I’m stacked without him (for now at least) with Gurley, R.Freeman, Barber & L.Murray, I think Ingram’s well worth what I paid. 

Again - look at the #s Ingram put up last year.  From weeks 7-16 he should be a borderline RB1. No worse than a RB2/FLEX. 

• Like 1

Guys that seem to be on several of my teams. 

RB - C Hyde, J Williams, G Bernard. I also grab McCoy if he slips in the 4th. 

WR - Goodwin, Crabtree, K Cole. I was getting Goodwin in the 7th a month ago, own him in 7 of 8 so far. 

TE - Cooks or B Watson one of my last pics almost every draft. 

54 minutes ago, cheese said:

Sanders is an odd name for this type of list but I agree. He looked fantastic in the preseason game against Washington. He looks 100% healthy and a primary part of the Denver plan. He’s a guy who is boring enough to fall below where he should go in many drafts. 

I think he's going to surprise -- especially in PPR leagues. DT hasn't really been worth his ADP for a few years, and is actually getting a little long in the tooth. Freeman seems to be holding down the spot in the backfield but does not seem to me to be an all world talent. Keenum has never impressed me -- he doesn't have the biggest arm (if he did I might believe that helps DT's game), he's a game manager who benefited from big radius receivers like Thielen and Diggs who had to perform at circus levels in some games to handle Keenum's erratic throws. Zimmer was pretty vocal that Keenum's status was week-to-week even in the middle of a 13-3 season.

To me this plays into the strengths of Sanders -- a guy with decent straight-line speed, solid hands who doesn't drop a ton of passes, tracks the ball well and makes plays. I think his biggest weakness is run blocking, not in the receiving part of the game.

I guess downsides are his age, and that Courtland Sutton could potentially cap his ceiling, but I tend to believe that Sanders is going to benefit from a lot of looks and volume as DT is taken away by the D's best corners, and Keenum needing to leverage second options and check downs, I think Sanders is going to benefit.

One final thought is that the Broncos clearly want to get younger, having drafted not one but two WRs in the draft -- so I think Sanders also knows he's playing for a job on another team this year. Solid motivation to make every target count.

In redraft PPR, Sanders ranks around 33 in FBG's aggregated staff rankings, FFP rank him 31st -- I think it's not a stretch at all to think he can crack Top 25, and I love that value as a WR3 on my team, which is where his current ADP nets him out.

15 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I got Ingram at the 6-7 turn. If he gives me BYE week coverage and flex value I got a steal. 

Look at his production last year in the split role. While kamara was incredibly productive, Ingram operated as the primary RB, nd got the GL carries.

pianowsky is one of the better analysts, but I’m not really feeling him on this. He does seem to hedge it all by mentioning where Ingram is picked (“over drafted”) - but for those of us who got him late, the value Is there. 

Pianowski also assumes a “cold start” week 5. Ingram has looked fantastic in preseason & Peyton said he got more preseason reps than usual to help prepare him for the absence. That doesn’t sound like a coach who’s planning to not use him. He’s also specifically said that Ingram’s absence will not result in more touches for Kamara, which tells me we’re talking about the wrong RB being overdrafted.

personally I don’t see how Kanara repeats, and predict a slight decline. Taking him over Fournette or Gordon seems foolish, but I digress.

my favorite part of of Ingram is that (knock on wood) he can’t get hurt in the first 4 weeks.  That also has value to me, and since I’m stacked without him (for now at least) with Gurley, R.Freeman, Barber & L.Murray, I think Ingram’s well worth what I paid. 

Again - look at the #s Ingram put up last year.  From weeks 7-16 he should be a borderline RB1. No worse than a RB2/FLEX. 

I agree to an extent and I have some shares of Ingram myself.  Having said that, his ADP is at the 4/5 turn so getting him at the 6/7.. few will argue with that value. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buck Bradcanon said:

I agree to an extent and I have some shares of Ingram myself.  Having said that, his ADP is at the 4/5 turn so getting him at the 6/7.. few will argue with that value. 

He went 5.04 in my other draft. So 5.04/5.12....seems pretty fair.

so yeah - you’re saying the same thing as Pianowski - IF people reached for him in the 3rd or 4th he might disappoint. 

Many got him later than that. Even 4.12/5.01 he offers substantially more upside than most of the RBs available there. 

• Like 1

I think M Ingram is a fine pick assuming you plan accordingly for his absence. He has been at least a top 15 RB the last 3 years and if Kamara ever went out he would be top 5. 

Emanuel Sanders is a great player. He is healthy and has an NFL QB throwing to him. That's all the analysis you need.

First round I would gladly take Hunt as the 5th RB off the board.

Early on I will probably reach a little for Kenyan Drake.

In mid/lat rounds I will probably reach early for John Ross and Tyler Lockett.

Later in the draft Alfred Morris looks reach worthy to me.

• Like 1

QB: Cam, Big Ben, Rivers, Tyrod

RB: Melvin Gordon (like Fournette as well, lean Gordon in PPR), Drake, McKinnon if he falls (only in PPR), Lewis, Tevin Coleman, Carson, Aaron Jones, Corey Clement

WR: Gordon, Arob, Juju, Sanders, Crowder, Mike Williams, Doctson

TE: Gronk, Howard, Walker, Cook, Goedert

Edited by pbandy1

On 8/28/2018 at 8:44 AM, Angry Beavers said:

Jordan Howard early in the 2nd round;

Tre'Quan Smith - WR NO - clear #2 IMHO and targeting him very late

James Conner - very late - I have a feeling Bell is not going to last;

Trey Burton - after 7 or so TE's are off the board ;

Tevin Coleman - Great flex pick with the chance at a #1 RB if Freeman goes down again;

Robbie Anderson - particularly in PPR - I think he is going to get fed the ball.. A LOT

Jonathan WIlliams RB - NO - flying way under the radar and they have already said they are not giving Kamar more than 15 touches a game. With Ingram out, Williams has a chance to hlep early in the season and if not, you just cut him...

I wouldn't say Tre'Quan Smith is the clear #2. I think it is going to be a mish-mash of Ginn-Meredith-Smith with some Ben Watson and a whole lot of Thomas and Kamara. I was off Michael Thomas earlier in the preseason because I thought Meredith would emerge a bit but I think he is going to get a ton of targets yet again.

7 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

WR1: Kelvin Benjamin- another guy who no one wants. I’m not a big fan but when you are looking at te2, defense, and kickers and you can get a teams #1 wr you take the shot.

this is a Bingo

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

I think he's going to surprise -- especially in PPR leagues. DT hasn't really been worth his ADP for a few years, and is actually getting a little long in the tooth. Freeman seems to be holding down the spot in the backfield but does not seem to me to be an all world talent. Keenum has never impressed me -- he doesn't have the biggest arm (if he did I might believe that helps DT's game), he's a game manager who benefited from big radius receivers like Thielen and Diggs who had to perform at circus levels in some games to handle Keenum's erratic throws. Zimmer was pretty vocal that Keenum's status was week-to-week even in the middle of a 13-3 season.

To me this plays into the strengths of Sanders -- a guy with decent straight-line speed, solid hands who doesn't drop a ton of passes, tracks the ball well and makes plays. I think his biggest weakness is run blocking, not in the receiving part of the game.

I guess downsides are his age, and that Courtland Sutton could potentially cap his ceiling, but I tend to believe that Sanders is going to benefit from a lot of looks and volume as DT is taken away by the D's best corners, and Keenum needing to leverage second options and check downs, I think Sanders is going to benefit.

One final thought is that the Broncos clearly want to get younger, having drafted not one but two WRs in the draft -- so I think Sanders also knows he's playing for a job on another team this year. Solid motivation to make every target count.

In redraft PPR, Sanders ranks around 33 in FBG's aggregated staff rankings, FFP rank him 31st -- I think it's not a stretch at all to think he can crack Top 25, and I love that value as a WR3 on my team, which is where his current ADP nets him out.

Aren't Thomas and sanders the same age?

1 hour ago, Stealthycat said:

this is a Bingo

Just going to say, this is why I love this place. @Stealthycat and @Weebs210, I may not agree with either of you in other threads, but we can find common ground in a love of fantasy football. Good luck this year.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

Just going to say, this is why I love this place. @Stealthycat and @Weebs210, I may not agree with either of you in other threads, but we can find common ground in a love of fantasy football. Good luck this year.

For sure. Good luck man.

5 hours ago, cheese said:

good post.

On 8/28/2018 at 11:50 AM, abbottjamesr said:

QB
P. Mahomes
T. Taylor
A. Smith

Odd. Those are my top 3 most overrated QBs this season.

32 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

Because of place I picked up A. Collins last yr. BEFORE he started getting the work.  Saved me in two leagues down the stretch.

thanx

9 minutes ago, Grigs Allmoon said:

Odd. Those are my top 3 most overrated QBs this season.

All three have ADP's after round 10.  Taylor will likely be un-drafted in most 12 team standard leagues.

Taylor has been a fringe QB1 with no surrounding talent and a front office that didn't believe in him the last 3 years.  He now gets a real OC and some real targets.  

Mahomes has one of the biggest arms in the NFL and one of the fastest recieves combined with a good supporting cast and a crappy defense.  

Smith was the QB3 last year and now he goes to a team that might actually be a better fit for his talents that made Cousins a top 6 QB. 

You can get all three of these QB's late.  We as a FF community are not good at predicting QB's for year long results.  I'll take a stab at two of these three late and hopefully one emerges.

• Like 1

I have a lot of exposure to Tyreek Hill. I drafted him in almost every league, even over OBJ in one. So, chips on the table, I like reek a lot this year. 

First 6 weeks are tough for KC, so if he struggles out of the gate I’ll be prepared to ride it out. Probably week 3-4 is where I’ll target him where I don’t own him. 

• Like 4

Only one draft.  I'm liking Martavis Bryant late.  Big upside and he has something to prove.  Thanks for this thread.  I agree with a lot I see here.   I appreciate the reinforcement. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I felt the same way early on as I grabbed Ingram quite a bit in Best Ball Drafts, but what if Williams plays great and they go to a 3 RB rotation like they did at the beginning of last year? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NYRAGE said:

I felt the same way early on as I grabbed Ingram quite a bit in Best Ball Drafts, but what if Williams plays great and they go to a 3 RB rotation like they did at the beginning of last year? 

I don’t see it happening, but you never know. 

You can hypothetical any situation to death - won’t matter unless they do it. What if Williams sucks and blows pass pro getting Brees gets hurt, ruining the Saints season. I could list a million other possibilities that would impact Ingram’s value. 

But as of now I believe Ingram has better value than I paid for him and will contribute to my team’s success. That’s all that really matters to me - if you or anyone feels differently about your teams, there ya go. :shrug:

34 minutes ago, firstseason1988 said:

Only one draft.  I'm liking Martavis Bryant late.  Big upside and he has something to prove.  Thanks for this thread.  I agree with a lot I see here.   I appreciate the reinforcement. 

I have some martavis in dynasty and I’m not really as hopeful as I have historically been. Maybe he gets it together but I think he’s 3rd on the target list at best. He’s not on a lot of radars at this point I don’t think so don’t go too early, he’s available.

• Like 1

My big money draft is 12-team 1.0 PPR and I draft 3rd. I've mocked it 3 times and it's a bit awkward at first but, of course, towards the mid to end you get who you want.

Guys I like:

1.3- David Johnson my hope

2.22- Diggs

3.3- Fitz or Baldwin

4.22- Drake, else Collins, else Hogan

5.3- QB (I don't mind Watson here so even if an early run on Rogers I should be fine)

6.22- Chris Carson or J Edelman or P Barber

7.3 same as 6.22, with Jordan Reed added

Edited by cjv123

3 hours ago, need2know said:

Aren't Thomas and sanders the same age?

No, they're not. Sanders is actually older :blush:

However, DT -- to me -- has shown more drop off over time. Of course he started at a much higher level than Sanders to be sure, but DT never fully looked "right" to me last year, and the difference between their yardage over that span (not including last year where Sanders missed games due to injury) are actually pretty close.

Sanders is more than a poor-man's Sanders, I think he is nearly a true 1A WR in this offense. 

• Like 1

Luck is hurt - foot...

7th pick in a 10 team league. I'm pretty much done deciding who to take and I'll likely just grab A. Rodgers - let the others worry about the other top 10 guys, take the NFLs best player, your fantasy draft's best player, Mr Rodgers

A. Rodgers, Winston

RB - McCaffery, Kamara, Alex Collins, Barber, Hyde ( Hyde is rated PFF's most elusive RB in preseason if you haven't watched the Browns, you need to pay attention to them - Hyde is going to crush it this year! )

WR Goodwin, Godwin, Crabtree, Hopkins/M. Thomas/Julio -

Ravens defense and taking them about 2 rounds early they might be lethal this season.

Gronk, J. Graham, Jordan Reed

late flyers on Nick Chubb ( dynasty), Alf Morris, Gallup, Wayne Gallman ( I'm not sold on Barkley just yet, one run doesn't a great season make - see the people who drafted Abdullah after that one good game, one good run last preseason - Barkley just has to get out there and play at some point and hasn't been able to do so.seriously , what's going on??!). 

Corey Davis and Marcus Mariota were guys I was targeting a few weeks ago but I am definitely cooling on them.

• Like 3

i'm targeted all the highly drafted rookie RBs who everyone has bailed on.  A couple of them are going to hit big.  1st/2nd round rookie RB's are usually good bets.

Rashaad Penny/Sony Michel/Nick Chubb/Ronald Jones are all falling way too far in drafts.  A couple of them will end up hitting.  With how far they are falling i'm drafting 2-3 of those guys in every draft.

FF is easy when everyone is letting these type of talents slide so far.

Edited by ILUVBEER99

21 hours ago, ponchsox said:

Peyton Barber seems to find his way on all my teams

Agree 100%. 3-down back going in Round 8 or so?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cjv123 said:

Agree 100%. 3-down back going in Round 8 or so?

I’m afraid they’ll find a way to get Rojo on the field later in the season but until that point Barber is fantastic value. 

22 hours ago, Chaka said:

Corey Davis and Marcus Mariota were guys I was targeting a few weeks ago but I am definitely cooling on them.

But I will be targeting most Titans in trades as soon as news drops about Conklin returning to the lineup.

9 hours ago, Elevencents said:

I’m afraid they’ll find a way to get Rojo on the field later in the season but until that point Barber is fantastic value. 

Carson and Barber are on almost all of my teams. Earliest I drafted either was Carson in the late 6th. Each had a rookie drafted well in front of. The only rookie who will justify his draft slot will probably be Freeman, but even that is not certain as blocking is very important when the QB's health is at stake. Freeman does look the part, though- beast mode-ish.

On 8/29/2018 at 10:10 PM, Chaka said:

I haven't lost faith in them at all. You have to consider the "implications" of preseason for a guy like Mariota. The Titans are not going to have Mariota running and gunning like he will in the regular season...it's just not worth the injury risk. Titans will look completely different in week one IMO.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

I haven't lost faith in them at all. You have to consider the "implications" of preseason for a guy like Mariota. The Titans are not going to have Mariota running and gunning like he will in the regular season...it's just not worth the injury risk. Titans will look completely different in week one IMO.

Probably. But I would feel a lot better about that prospect if we knew Conklin will be starting in week 1

Edited by Chaka

24 minutes ago, Chaka said:

Probably. But I would feel a lot better about that prospect if we knew Conklin will be starting in week 1

I'd feel a lot better if He could actually get the ball to Corey Davis when he is wide open.

• Like 1

Getting way late to this thread [heck - I guess I really don't post that much anyway]. Two names I haven't seen mentioned yet [I don't think] and have interest in are Dak Prescott & Allen Hurns. I know that Witten & Bryant are gone, but, is it possible that Prescott has regressed that much from his first year? And if healthy, how can Hurns not be the #1 WR for the Cowboys? Understand now, I don't follow the Cowboys so I'm sure that I could be missing something here. But it seems like these two are going very late. And given that Zeke is there to keep DEF's honest, I think there is good upside for both of them. 

Another name I haven't seen that I really like and am trying to target in the mid-rounds is Jordy Nelson. Reports I've seen out of Oakland early in camp was that he was looking very good and seemed to be developing some chemistry with Carr. GB may rue the day they let him go. Certainly, Aaron Rodgers felt that he had something left in the tank. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reel_smooth said:

Getting way late to this thread [heck - I guess I really don't post that much anyway]. Two names I haven't seen mentioned yet [I don't think] and have interest in are Dak Prescott . 

I like Dak a lot, including for rushing TDs, even though as a guy who drafts QBs early I have not gotten him yet, even in 2 QB leagues.

On 8/29/2018 at 1:26 PM, Snorkelson said:

I have a lot of exposure to Tyreek Hill. I drafted him in almost every league, even over OBJ in one. So, chips on the table, I like reek a lot this year. 

First 6 weeks are tough for KC, so if he struggles out of the gate I’ll be prepared to ride it out. Probably week 3-4 is where I’ll target him where I don’t own him. 

I was tempted to do just this. 

Edited by rockaction