What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

M. Gordon/R Anderson for OBJ/K. Johnson (1 Viewer)

KirkGoneWild

Footballguy
This is .5 PPR league and a keeper league where we can keep 1 keeper from last season. This keeper can't be our first round draft pick from last season or your keeper from the season before.

Since I didn't have a great selection of keepers, I ended up trading my 4th round draft pick for K. Hunt and picked up an 11 round pick. So that's why I went RB heavy within the first 2 to 3 rounds. I feel a weak at the WR position, but with RB being so valuable, I do like the way my team looks and rolling the dice.

My Team now: QB - Kirk Cousins RB - K Hunt, M, Gordon, A. Collins, Penny, P Barber, S Ware WR - M Jones, A. Robinson, Lockett, R. Anderson, K Benjamin TE - Gronk

Was offered OBJ/K. Johnson for my M. Gordon/R. Anderson

I believe this is a pretty fair trade, but having issues letting go of what I guess is currently a WR zero strategy lol, thoughts?

Forgot to add the requirments - 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 Flex

Last edited by a moderator:
it's fair deal.. Detroit run game seems like a headache though and i'm choosing to avoid that in season long leagues.

If you believe in Collins, then you should do it.. If you like Collins more as your Flex than RB2, then i'd pass on it.  

did you draft Gordon over Antonio Brown, ODB or Hopkins? if so, I'd just stick to what you believed in to begin with.. Me personally, I'm more of a ODB > gordon guy. 

I wouldn't do it. You would need a little better than Kerryon to make it even. Gordon is a top ten pick in a draft now and Robby Anderson is the #1 WR for Jets. I just wouldn't do it.

Thanks for answering mine.

In a vacuum, dfine1966 is correct.  But it's not always about the value of the players as much as it is about the value of the players to your team.

Gordon/Hunt is a great one two at RB.  But when you get down to WR, Jones/Robinson is very lacking.

Your team is looking better with Hunt/Collins and OBJ/Jones.

As somebody above said, you do get the best player in the deal and it's at a position of need for you.

I might try and see if I could get something a little better than Kerryon in the deal if I could, but if that's the only sticking point I would probably take it.

it's fair deal.. Detroit run game seems like a headache though and i'm choosing to avoid that in season long leagues.

If you believe in Collins, then you should do it.. If you like Collins more as your Flex than RB2, then i'd pass on it.  

did you draft Gordon over Antonio Brown, ODB or Hopkins? if so, I'd just stick to what you believed in to begin with.. Me personally, I'm more of a ODB > gordon guy. 
I did draft Gordon over Antonio Brown and ODB, Hopkins was a keeper. 

Also I do like Collins as my flex. Hearing good things about him, O-line is looking good and Harbaugh is saying he is going to be used as a 3 down back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for answering mine.

In a vacuum, dfine1966 is correct.  But it's not always about the value of the players as much as it is about the value of the players to your team.

Gordon/Hunt is a great one two at RB.  But when you get down to WR, Jones/Robinson is very lacking.

Your team is looking better with Hunt/Collins and OBJ/Jones.

As somebody above said, you do get the best player in the deal and it's at a position of need for you.

I might try and see if I could get something a little better than Kerryon in the deal if I could, but if that's the only sticking point I would probably take it.
He did offer me Hyde and ODB at first but switched it. I am not a big fan of Pats or Browns RBs, but I could go back to that offer.  His RBs are Fournette, L. Miller, Hyde and K Johnson

Robbie Anderson s currently ranked at WR37 on this page, 92th overall, so basically a mid-late 8th round pick.  Kerryon Johnson is RB 27 and pick 70, so a late 6th

Gordon is ranked 11th and ODB is ranked 12th, so a wash. So market value says take the trade.

If market value and team needs both support a trade, then do it.

a Drafting strategy like zero WR is no longer relevant the second the draft ends.  The strategy is about maximizing value with each pick.  The picks are done.  Now its about fielding the best possible lineup.  

I would rather have Kerryon Johnson as my RB#4 than Anderson as my WR#4 any day of the week.

Robbie Anderson s currently ranked at WR37 on this page, 92th overall, so basically a mid-late 8th round pick.  Kerryon Johnson is RB 27 and pick 70, so a late 6th

Gordon is ranked 11th and ODB is ranked 12th, so a wash. So market value says take the trade.

If market value and team needs both support a trade, then do it.

a Drafting strategy like zero WR is no longer relevant the second the draft ends.  The strategy is about maximizing value with each pick.  The picks are done.  Now its about fielding the best possible lineup.  

I would rather have Kerryon Johnson as my RB#4 than Anderson as my WR#4 any day of the week.
Very helpful strategy and wasn't thinking in this direction. Thanks!

I'd do that trade but I am higher on Collins than some at at only 0.5 PPR, he doesn't loose to pass catching backs all that much.

I think if you look at your starting lineup overall adding OBJ and loosing Gordon is a win.  Even if Johnson isn't startable, I think you are fine with Collins and Barber.

Thanks for answering mine!

Users who are viewing this thread