What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel week 1 (1 Viewer)

I was going to make a Fanduel one too but honestly it's just a majority repeat.  

There's value to be had all over and it's going to come down with how comfortable you are with certain guys in your lineup.  I am comfortable with the Peyton Barber's, Kenyan Drake's, and Chris Carson's so I'm generally spending on WR in my cash games.  Keenan Allen, Diggs, AB, OBJ, Michael Thomas, Green, Hogan all in some of my lineups so far.  

I've got a little Kamara, McCaffrey, Gordon, Mixon, Fournette, Drake all mixed in as well but the names are mostly the same.  

Rivers, Dalton, Cousins, Bortles are the QB's I have spread out but I'm honestly starting to get a little uncomfortable here so I might have to tinker.  

ASJ, Eifert, in some GPP lineups, Kelce, Doyle in the cash seems automatic to me when I was looking for pieces.  

Summary version 

I was going to make a Fanduel one too but honestly it's just a majority repeat.  

There's value to be had all over and it's going to come down with how comfortable you are with certain guys in your lineup.  I am comfortable with the Peyton Barber's, Kenyan Drake's, and Chris Carson's so I'm generally spending on WR in my cash games.  Keenan Allen, Diggs, AB, OBJ, Michael Thomas, Green, Hogan all in some of my lineups so far.  

I've got a little Kamara, McCaffrey, Gordon, Mixon, Fournette, Drake all mixed in as well but the names are mostly the same.  

Rivers, Dalton, Cousins, Bortles are the QB's I have spread out but I'm honestly starting to get a little uncomfortable here so I might have to tinker.  

ASJ, Eifert, in some GPP lineups, Kelce, Doyle in the cash seems automatic to me when I was looking for pieces.  

Summary version 
I did the exact opposite, figured I’d try that. Spent at rb and saved at wr. Don’t like the qb situation. Have dalton currently. Spending 15300 on my wrs right now and don’t really hate the spots.

Dalton $6800

johnson $8600

bell $8900 (probably changing)

Benji $5800

cole $4500

ross $5100

gronk $7900

Cmc $7500

vikes $4500

not really sure about bell and cmc. Have $400 left on the table, and will probably tinker. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Bargain bin FanDuel 

QB

Flacco $6100

Dalton $6800

RB

Barber $5600

Carson $5900

White $5500

WR

Benjamin $5800

Stills $6000

Cole $4500

Ross (maybe a little bold but vs Indy I think he could do a lot on maybe 4 rec) $5100

TE

Njoku maybe? $5300

DEF

dont Love te bargain Ds this week, usually paying up for someone. BAL has a juicy matchup and is the chalk cash play

Stills is a nice addition, I like that call a lot.  Ross doesn't strike my fancy for cash at all.  I think Dalton's volume will be high enough to support 3 positions possibly (Mixon being one of them), but you're taking too much of a blind chance for it to be Ross.  GPP, go for it.  I've done that with Eifert instead though.  

Stills is a nice addition, I like that call a lot.  Ross doesn't strike my fancy for cash at all.  I think Dalton's volume will be high enough to support 3 positions possibly (Mixon being one of them), but you're taking too much of a blind chance for it to be Ross.  GPP, go for it.  I've done that with Eifert instead though.  
Agreed. Vs Indy I like taking a shot on ross for gpp, with that lineup I could pivot to John brown as well who may be a safer floor splash play wr3. I haven’t put in a cash lineup yet. I like the idea of saving with guys like Carson/barber/Benjamin to nail down the studs of my choice. 

Just now seeing the Fanduel changes...no kicker, added flex.  This makes budgeting a little more challenging in my opinion, kickers were relatively cheap compared to position players.  It will be tougher to fit in another position player, and a little tougher to play "chalk".  

What are your thoughts on 

P. Mahomes/Kelce (13,800) Stack and Fournette/Jax (14,600) Stack for one lineup (Filled out with DJ, K. Allen, Cole, Benjamin, L. Miller) 

D. Brees/Thomas (16,900) and Collins/Bal (11,500) stack for another (Filled out currently with: Zeke, Stills, Cole, ASJ, M. Gordon) 

Would love your thoughts...Plan was for more Cash+ lineups

My cash game place holder for the moment looks like this...

Taylor or Fitzpatrick

Conner

Fournette

Hopkins

M. Thomas

Hilton

Kelce

White

Miami

Not thrilled with QB nor the defense, but I have some nice studs in that lineup by going cheap at those spots.  

I might have up to 3 spots in my season long, 15 person, league on Fanduel.  Your top 10 weekly scores out of 17 count.  $75 one time fee, weekly winner gets a little change and then season long winner and runner up get the majority of the cash.  If interested PM me your email or FD username and I'll let you know in a day or two.  I have a few people taking too long to enter and I'm not waiting til Sunday morning to fill it.  No shenanigans and the competition isn't stiff IMO. 

league full  :thumbup:

Taylor or Fitzpatrick

Conner

Fournette

Hopkins

M. Thomas

Hilton

Kelce

White

Miami

Not thrilled with QB nor the defense, but I have some nice studs in that lineup by going cheap at those spots.  
I know that no one is going to like this idea, buy if I'm paying down at defense this week I'm going all the way to the Browns. The weather is looking like it'll be nasty, Steelers won't have bell, and the browns do have a really talented front 7.

What are your thoughts on 

P. Mahomes/Kelce (13,800) Stack and Fournette/Jax (14,600) Stack for one lineup (Filled out with DJ, K. Allen, Cole, Benjamin, L. Miller) 

D. Brees/Thomas (16,900) and Collins/Bal (11,500) stack for another (Filled out currently with: Zeke, Stills, Cole, ASJ, M. Gordon) 

Would love your thoughts...Plan was for more Cash+ lineups

Fournette/JAX & Collins/BAL will be good stacks, IMO, and highly owned, so, good cash game targets. Reading & listening to some of the guys on RG, shying away from K. Allen this week due to who he will have covering him; Tyrell Williams was reported to be the better choice for Rivers. Also, as he'd be in the same price range, pivoting off of Allen to A.J. Green would be a good choice as the feeling seems to be that Indy doesn't have anyone that can cover him. will definitely have some Dalton/Green stacks this week for GPP's.

Taylor or Fitzpatrick

Conner

Fournette

Hopkins

M. Thomas

Hilton

Kelce

White

Miami

More than one guy at RG is very high on Taylor against the Steelers this week. May not be a bad choice.

I know that no one is going to like this idea, buy if I'm paying down at defense this week I'm going all the way to the Browns. The weather is looking like it'll be nasty, Steelers won't have bell, and the browns do have a really talented front 7.
I hear you...thought about CLE as well.  Big Ben on the road is usually iffy so that is also in CLE's favor, but the Steelers have owned the Browns so badly in recent history that I don't count his road splits too heavily in this one.  Only $200 difference between MIA and CLE, so it won't have a significant impact on the rest of the lineup either way.

I could also probably drop Kelce down to someone like Rudolph to upgrade defense.

I guess most people just play on Fanduel and not Draftkings?  Curious as to the reason for that but whatever.  

I feel like the people who are floating the Fitzpatrick option might be on to something.  Just playing that game out in my head is that Tampa will be down early and often.  Makes me more nervous about a guy like Peyton Barber and more on board with Godwin for GPP.  I won't be using Barber in any cash game either.  

I have a feeling that Clement could be used heavily in a Burton type of way for the Eagles to get creative with Foles (you know since he sucks).  So he strikes me as very interesting.  

Other than those guys I'm still going with what I initially have set up.  Lots of Dalton/L. Miller/Nuk/Cole/Kamara/Saints def/ASJ/Clay for cash games.  

I guess most people just play on Fanduel and not Draftkings?  Curious as to the reason for that but whatever.  
I find that a lot of the more advanced strategy sites and podcasts focus on DK, and that the competition on DK is stronger.

I feel like the people who are floating the Fitzpatrick option might be on to something.  Just playing that game out in my head is that Tampa will be down early and often.  Makes me more nervous about a guy like Peyton Barber and more on board with Godwin for GPP.  I won't be using Barber in any cash game either.  

I have a feeling that Clement could be used heavily in a Burton type of way for the Eagles to get creative with Foles (you know since he sucks).  So he strikes me as very interesting.  

Other than those guys I'm still going with what I initially have set up.  Lots of Dalton/L. Miller/Nuk/Cole/Kamara/Saints def/ASJ/Clay for cash games.  
This is total speculation, so take it for what it's worth, but....

Before this season, FanDuel did not have late swap (something DraftKings has had since inception), which basically means once the first player in your lineup played, you couldn't change anyone.  That created an advantage on Thursday-Sunday slates where you could (wisely) fade the Thursday players and load up on Sunday guys, increasing your chances of cashing because most casual players want someone to root for on Thursday night despite the piss-poor performances every week.

Now that FD and DK offer almost the exact same types of contests, lineups and offer late swap, I think people will now be brand loyal or you'll see a shift where the play is roughly equal amongst both sites.

Just my $0.02...

Late swap or not you can still fade the Thursday game.  

I like FD because I think the ios app is far superior as far as navigation, aesthetics, live scoring, friends leagues, etc.  

I simply started FanDuel first, and had more early success there so I had a bankroll. My DK money ran out and I never re-upped.

I hear you...thought about CLE as well.  Big Ben on the road is usually iffy so that is also in CLE's favor, but the Steelers have owned the Browns so badly in recent history that I don't count his road splits too heavily in this one.  Only $200 difference between MIA and CLE, so it won't have a significant impact on the rest of the lineup either way.

I could also probably drop Kelce down to someone like Rudolph to upgrade defense.
Just following back up on this. 40 mph wind gusts are now being projected. if the weather is even remotely close to that I'm playing the browns in 100% of my lineups, cash and gpp

SO, what are we thinking the popular build is going to be? 

I am out of the loop on football a bit, but it seems like what I keep hearing/seeing is something like:

Cheaper QB like Bortles/Tyrod

3 RBs (use one in the flex):  Conner, Gordon, Gurley

WRs - I keep seeing AB, K.Allen,  and the cheap JAx guy

TE:  Gronk

IF that is what you guys are seeing, what is the gpp play off of that?  Use a TE or WR in the flex?   Pay up at QB? Just look to pivot from the guys that might be more popular?   

I was thinking that pivots from the same team might be a little lower owned such as:  JuJu, Tyrell Williams, Dede Westbrook?

I am thinking that week 1 is looking like a WTF week for me.   I also liked using the QB-RB stack last year in gpps, so I wrote down:  Brady-White, Bradford-DJ, Brees-Kamara, and Dak-Zeke.  

My favorite QBs this week are Dalton and Keenum. Both are way too cheap for the defenses theyre playing against. I was originally thinking about using juju too, but given the weather I'm off everyone in that game.

I like James White alot for gpps, but the lineups I've been liking are 3 expensive rbs. Something like Kamara, Johnson, Gordon and then paying all down at wr with guys like Cole and Ross.

My favorite QBs this week are Dalton and Keenum. Both are way too cheap for the defenses theyre playing against. I was originally thinking about using juju too, but given the weather I'm off everyone in that game.

I like James White alot for gpps, but the lineups I've been liking are 3 expensive rbs. Something like Kamara, Johnson, Gordon and then paying all down at wr with guys like Cole and Ross.
Been staring at those two a lot too.  It just feels gross clicking on those names.  I do think a Denver stack is interesting though.  I think this is why I brought up paying up for QBs.  Seems like most of the mentions are about the cheaper Qbs as people try to fit in stud RBs or Gronk, Allen, AB type of guys.   I honestly don't know what type of a LU that will get me, but I think I might poke around with that idea tonight.  

KarmaPolice said:
SO, what are we thinking the popular build is going to be? 

I am out of the loop on football a bit, but it seems like what I keep hearing/seeing is something like:

Cheaper QB like Bortles/Tyrod

3 RBs (use one in the flex):  Conner, Gordon, Gurley

WRs - I keep seeing AB, K.Allen,  and the cheap JAx guy

TE:  Gronk

IF that is what you guys are seeing, what is the gpp play off of that?  Use a TE or WR in the flex?   Pay up at QB? Just look to pivot from the guys that might be more popular?   

I was thinking that pivots from the same team might be a little lower owned such as:  JuJu, Tyrell Williams, Dede Westbrook?

I am thinking that week 1 is looking like a WTF week for me.   I also liked using the QB-RB stack last year in gpps, so I wrote down:  Brady-White, Bradford-DJ, Brees-Kamara, and Dak-Zeke.  
Howdy - sorry that I kinda bailed on MLB, but, I was starting to get weary. Football's more my thing, so, here it goes .........

GPP's - I'm building a lot of L/U's based on a RB/DEF stack of either A. Collins & BAL or Fournette & JAX. I expect both to be popular, but, plenty of ways to go contrarian in other positions. Cleveland weather not withstanding, I think those are the two best RB/DEF stacks. Having said that, a Carlos Hyde/CLEV stack wouldn't be out of line, IMO. 

If you're only playing the Sunday main, Bortles isn't a terrible choice [stacked with Cole or Westbrook], but, not sure how that game will play out. Jacksonville's DEF is good, but, the NYG have upgraded greatly at RB and seem to be healthier at the other skill positions. Their OL could be the problem and if they can't move the ball and get behind, no need for Bortles to throw the ball much. It will be wet there but wind forecast is only 10-12 mph. I did like Tyrod early, but, the weather is shying me away from the Browns passing game [in fact, either passing offense in that game] at this point. Rain is one thing, 20-40 mph wind is another. 

Liking Cinncy's pass game a lot and as another contrarian play, TB [yes, with Ryan Fitzpatrick] having to come from behind against NO. A TB stack, running it back with Kamara, a viable choice, IMO. Could be a shootout. Also, I'd shoot for a RB for the flex position. Gronk, as usual, is the strongest TE play and at $7.9K, will be loading up there as well. 

I'm using a mix of these guys for cash.

QB Dalton, Rivers Keenum

RB Conner Kamara Henry Collins Fournette Miller Mixon McCaffrey

WR Brown Green Cole Thomas Godwin Hogan Still Allen

TE Gronk Kelce

Def Balt Jax NO Cle

Gpp QB Fitz Stafford Brees Tyrod Big Ben

RB Lewis Duke White R Freeman Barber DJ Drake

WR  Boyd Evans Ross M Jones Sheppard Watkins  both SD Williams Sanders Fitz

TE Doyle Eifert Watson Rudolph Njoku

Def Tenn Wash Cle Car

Not participating heavy this week but I do have a $9 entry in Sunday's main slate based on a Bengals stack, Kamara, Ravens D, etc.  and 30 mass-produced entries in the $0.25/entry main slate.

This week I'm pre-occupied with building a model....technically the following is a cross-post as I've made the same request in a Shark Pool thread, but trying to reach a different audience so no apologies....

Can any of you frequent flyers point me to a free data source on the web (or "paid content" here, since I have the full package on fbg) that shows me a summary table of 2017 coverage stats for every cornerback and safety in the league?  I do not want to pay to get behind the firewall of PFF, Roto, outsiders, etc....just to be able to get this summary data.

TIA.

Here is what I plopped in for a spot saver in my small league going 3 stud Rbs:

Keenum - Kamara - Gordon - Hogan - Sanders - Cole - Gronk - Zeke - Miami

Going to stare at that some more.  I usually enter this LU in my 10 man league and then some 5man/small gpp type stuff.   

Howdy - sorry that I kinda bailed on MLB, but, I was starting to get weary. Football's more my thing, so, here it goes .........

GPP's - I'm building a lot of L/U's based on a RB/DEF stack of either A. Collins & BAL or Fournette & JAX. I expect both to be popular, but, plenty of ways to go contrarian in other positions. Cleveland weather not withstanding, I think those are the two best RB/DEF stacks. Having said that, a Carlos Hyde/CLEV stack wouldn't be out of line, IMO. 

If you're only playing the Sunday main, Bortles isn't a terrible choice [stacked with Cole or Westbrook], but, not sure how that game will play out. Jacksonville's DEF is good, but, the NYG have upgraded greatly at RB and seem to be healthier at the other skill positions. Their OL could be the problem and if they can't move the ball and get behind, no need for Bortles to throw the ball much. It will be wet there but wind forecast is only 10-12 mph. I did like Tyrod early, but, the weather is shying me away from the Browns passing game [in fact, either passing offense in that game] at this point. Rain is one thing, 20-40 mph wind is another. 

Liking Cinncy's pass game a lot and as another contrarian play, TB [yes, with Ryan Fitzpatrick] having to come from behind against NO. A TB stack, running it back with Kamara, a viable choice, IMO. Could be a shootout. Also, I'd shoot for a RB for the flex position. Gronk, as usual, is the strongest TE play and at $7.9K, will be loading up there as well. 
No worries, I wore on it at the end too.  I think next year I need to start MLB dfs later in the year.  Maybe do a couple season long leagues, and then start dfs closer to summer after we get a couple months of data to see trends a little better.   I've thrown in a couple WTF LUs in here and there the last couple weeks, but not doing it nearly as much.  I like it, and love that it's smaller gpps, but it's too long of a season to try to keep up almost daily on stuff.  

I need to re-look at the posts I made last year after looking at correlation articles for stacking.  I want to say that after QB-Wr1, QB-RB had just as high of a correlation as other WR/TE stacks, but are less popular in gpps.  Same with PK-DT.   I think in the same article they said that RB-DT wasn't as highly correlated as people thought.   Not sure if it's right, but last year I dabbled in trying to go with some of those ideas in bigger gpps (or stacking a full game), and sticking with QB-WR1, QB-TE in my cash/league games.   I got away from RB-DT, and just looked at line comparison to try to find a DT for the week (RG has a good article for free that is their NFL first look, and they have DL vs. OL grades for all the matchups).    It will take a few weeks for us to get data for this year, but based on last year the top President Trump for that department for this week were (in order):  Pit, Cinc, NE, Wash, Chic, Balt.  

More random thoughts. 

I remember hearing on one of the podcasts that the D stats that line up the most from the previous year to the start of the new year is stats vs. RBs and WRs, and the flip side is the stats you ignore a little more are vs QBs and TEs.   Their point was that a lot people will be looking at last year's stats for everything and maybe just going with the TEs vs. NYG and Clev thing again, but the first couple weeks those 2 positions might be good ways to differentiate in gpps.  

Looking at DVOA for RBs, and it looked like Chargers, Tex, Balt, AZ, NYJ, Giants, Jax, and KC had the best matchups.  Comparing that with the OL vs DL for the run which was:  GB, NO, Rams, AZ, NE, Balt, KC, Giants, Jax, and there is a bitof cross over there.  (I bolded the teams that were on both).  It also gives ideas for maybe lesser owned guys like J.Williams, Crowell, or L.Miller for darts in gpps.  

Keep in mind what I just posted above about the QBs stats not carrying over as much, but looking at their list of DVOA by position, I wrote down a few stacks that I thought were interesting and might go lower owned tomorrow:

Dalton - Mixon and/or Ross

Brees - Kamara (higher owned players, but like I said, people don't seem to use QB-RB as much)

Mariota - Walker

Goff - Gurley and/or Cooks 

Trubisky - Howard  and/or A.Rob

B/c of those last two, I entered a couple cheap Sun-Mon gpps as well.  

1st WTF gpp for Sun-Mon:

Trubisky - Howard - Kamara - A.Rob - Tyrell Williams - D.Westbrook - J.Graham - Gurley - Balt

Taylor or Fitzpatrick   Dalton

Conner

Fournette

Hopkins

M. Thomas

Hilton

Kelce

White

Miami   Cleveland

Slight adjustment...  Also have a lineup at the moment with Fitzpatrick, Rudolph, and Baltimore Def

Any of you notice the "QuickPick Kickers PROMO" contest(s)?

Pick 1 kicker from each of 4 player tiers and 1 SuperFlex #ForTheBrand

Sure enough, the format requires you to pick 4 PKs and 1 Flex.   Bizarre.  It seems like sheer luck to me. 

Liking some $1 GPP's more this week, but, am going to throw in one cash LU as well: QB/ Brees, RB/ Kamara - A. Collins, WR/ A.J. Green - Thielen - K. Cole, TE/ Reed, FLEX/ Conner, DEF/ BAL

So was kicking around unique .25 gpp lineups and came up with this gem

mahomes $6700

Kamara $8700

zeke $8300

Reek $7300

cole $4500

carr $4500

gronk $7900

DJ $8600

CLE $3000

wanted to get Zeke, Dj, kamara, and gronk in a lineup. 

2 Lineups, 100% Conner.  Not playing too much volume but sprinkling across 2x/3x/5x and leagues with friends

Brady, Collins/R. Freeman, Hopkins/Hill/Cole, Conner, Gronk, Ravens

Dalton, Kamara/Gordon, AJG/Hogan/Stills, Doyle, Conner, Jags

best of luck 

So far I have a couple of the odd calls doing OK, but not my main players.  

LU sitting the best might be my last second $1 SE gpp with Fitz-Godwin, Dede, Ross, and Gronk.  Sitting about 80pts or so with Zeke, DJ, and Gordon to go this afternoon.  

Snorkelson said:
So was kicking around unique .25 gpp lineups and came up with this gem

mahomes $6700

Kamara $8700

zeke $8300

Reek $7300

cole $4500

carr $4500

gronk $7900

DJ $8600

CLE $3000

wanted to get Zeke, Dj, kamara, and gronk in a lineup. 
:thumbup:

That's basically what I started when I did the LU I just posted - Wanted Gronk, DJ, Gordon, Zeke in a LU and went from there.  

Users who are viewing this thread