What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ESPN League Commissioners...Need draft help (1 Viewer)

Horses Mouth

Footballguy
I am doing a live draft using ESPN. 

Was going to use their draft offline function and manually enter their pics, but now a guy can't make it so we have to have him on autodraft.

Is there way to still do the offline draft or do we have to go online to get autodraft going? If so, can I still enter picks manually as the other owners are old school and not bringing laptops to the draft. 

The offline draft app isn't available this year anyway. You can do an online draft, pause the timer after each pick, and enter the next pick manually. Your autodrafter should have no problem with this. The catch is that, if you lose connectivity during the draft, and can't stop the timer, everybody auto drafts. We were disappointed with this development and had to break out the spreadsheet for the first time in many years. 

Use draft dominator to make his picks? If its offline and you put the picks in later the computer can’t pick because it doesn’t know who is taken. 

The offline draft app isn't available this year anyway. You can do an online draft, pause the timer after each pick, and enter the next pick manually. Your autodrafter should have no problem with this. The catch is that, if you lose connectivity during the draft, and can't stop the timer, everybody auto drafts. We were disappointed with this development and had to break out the spreadsheet for the first time in many years. 
Thanks. What does he need to do on his end to get into autodraft mode?

We do our draft offline every year, you can just print the up to date ESPN ADP rankings and cross off people as they come up. The way I'd do it is fill his roster first, then take BPA (but not 3 QBs or 3 TEs), it's basically the same as doing an online draft.

You will have to enter the picks manually though afterwards. If you don't want to do this then have everyone get together, but still draft online. 

Users who are viewing this thread