What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Preseason Black Friday 2018 (1 Viewer)

Texans released P Shane Lechler. What a career that guy had. Some trades starting to go down. Things should probably heat up after noon.

Cowboys traded for G Parker Ehinger from the Chiefs for CB Charvius Ward

Falcons gave a conditional 7th to the Pats for S Jordan Richards

Considering I have heard of zero of those players it wasn’t concerning for me.

LB Scooby Wright of the Cardinals was cut for the IDP guys. I know I saw some buzz for him late in the preseason.
Zeke owners with a small sigh of relief trading for Ehinger. He was really good in KC the year Ware went bonkers. When Ehinger got hurt midseason, Ware and the rest of the running game went in the tank. He’s not a star, but usable depth on a Dallas line that needs it. 

Zeke owners with a small sigh of relief trading for Ehinger. He was really good in KC the year Ware went bonkers. When Ehinger got hurt midseason, Ware and the rest of the running game went in the tank. He’s not a star, but usable depth on a Dallas line that needs it. 
Probably doesn’t bode well for that rookie G Dallas was banking on.

Looks like the Jets are first ones with a significant list on Rotoworld. DL Kendall Reyes was the only one I saw of note outside Charles Johnson.

Looks like the Jets are first ones with a significant list on Rotoworld. DL Kendall Reyes was the only one I saw of note outside Charles Johnson.
Jets waived/released WR Charles Johnson, OT Antonio Garcia, DL Kendall Reyes, C Gino Gradkowski, DL Xavier Cooper, OLB David Bass, DL Mychealon Thomas, FB Dimitri Flowers, OLB Obum Gwacham, and OG Darius James.

Although this group doesn't contain surprises, it does include some notable names. Johnson formed a preseason bond with Teddy Bridgewater before Teddy was traded to the Saints. Garcia is a former Patriots day-two draft pick. Bass recorded 3.5 sacks for an anemic Jets pass rush last year.

Texans released P Shane Lechler. What a career that guy had. Some trades starting to go down. Things should probably heat up after noon.
Quick hijack....

This guy is an amazing punter! Listen, I know we live in the Golden Age of Punters - and absolutely no one cares - but he's the All-Time NFL Leader in Punting Average.

• 16 out of 18 seasons he finished Top Ten in punting average
  • 7 Pro Bowls
  • 6-time First Team All Pro
  • 5 time league leader, including 2017
  • If his career is over, he ends with 254 consecutive games - he's the current NFL Iron Man leader (missed two games to start his third season, only 2 he ever missed.)
  • Holds the 2nd, 4th and 10th best season averages in league history. His average last year was the 13th best in NFL history.
He's 42, wants to keep playing, and chances are he'll surface again. Nobody cares about punters, so I get. In the rare instances when a Raiders/Texans game would be televised on the East Coast, I always stuck around for the punt just to see what he would do.

/sidebar

I may be wrong but IR-R designated to return can’t be done until Monday. Anyone that goes in IR today is done for the season.

I may be wrong but IR-R designated to return can’t be done until Monday. Anyone that goes in IR today is done for the season.
Correct. To go on the IR-R designated to return, they have to be a part of the final 53 man roster first and then put on IR next week.

PUP players must be designated by 4pm ET Saturday prior to the final 53 man roster.

Users who are viewing this thread