Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
P Park Pimps

Draft Kuechly in the 3rd?

Question

Got my IDP standard (tackle heavy) keeper draft this Sunday. 

Some background:

Kept Telvin Smith, Leveon Bell, Joe Mixon, Alex Collins, & Derrick Henry. Needless to say im thin at WR. We start 3 LB's and 2 WR's

My first pick isnt until round 3. If Kuechly (Deion Jones & Bobby Wagner are kept) is still there do I draft him over WR's like Mike Evans, TY Hilton and WR's in that tier?

 

TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I am avoiding Kuechly that high.  I have serious longevity concerns about him given his concussion history and playstyle.

On the more general question of “star LB vs. upper tier WR” it depends entirely on your scoring system.  In most systems, Ingo with the star WR, since the LB group is much deeper and value drops off less steeply.  If the scoring leans IDP-heavy that could change though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
12 minutes ago, Arodin said:

I am avoiding Kuechly that high.  I have serious longevity concerns about him given his concussion history and playstyle.

On the more general question of “star LB vs. upper tier WR” it depends entirely on your scoring system.  In most systems, Ingo with the star WR, since the LB group is much deeper and value drops off less steeply.  If the scoring leans IDP-heavy that could change though.

Scoring is IDP heavy as tackles are 1.5, assits are .75, sacks are 4. Among other categories are tackles for loss and bonuses for yards after turnover. 

Is there another LB that would warrant a 3rd besides the ones that were kept?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
43 minutes ago, P Park Pimps said:

Scoring is IDP heavy as tackles are 1.5, assits are .75, sacks are 4. Among other categories are tackles for loss and bonuses for yards after turnover. 

Is there another LB that would warrant a 3rd besides the ones that were kept?

I’d probably go with Hilton there and look at LB later.  There are going to be decent LB a few rounds later after the WR have been thoroughly picked over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

How many RB can you start? I would probably go WR because you need them badly and I think finding a solid LB later will be easier than finding a WR. I am fully against hoarding mediocre starting RB over a more balanced keeper approach unless you are starting like 5 RB. I don't think hoarding RB and LB and having crap around them would be a good strategy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
22 minutes ago, Warhogs said:

How many RB can you start? I would probably go WR because you need them badly and I think finding a solid LB later will be easier than finding a WR. I am fully against hoarding mediocre starting RB over a more balanced keeper approach unless you are starting like 5 RB. I don't think hoarding RB and LB and having crap around them would be a good strategy.

We can start 2 rb's and have a flex for a 3rd. 

Ya, stupid thing about the league is that you have to lock in your keepers shortly after the season ends, I hate it. I'm actually shopping Bell right now.

Appreciate the feedback, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

That added info helps. You maybe could have included starting requirements for all positions for better feedback. My preference would be to shop a RB to get another one of your starters locked down. If you trade for a LB or a WR that might give you more direction with your pick. I would consider all deals but I think I am lower on Derrick Henry than most and I feel his name, youth and viewed opportunity might net you the best return in a trade. I would try to get a trade done involving a RB before your draft.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I like a lot of the lb's out there and I have no trust in Kuechly making it through a season.  I would definitely pass on him in that spot.  I would try and target Schobert, Buccanon, and/or Jarrad Davis later on.  I also think Goodsen, Darius Leonard and avery Williamson could be nice additions with higher upside in later rounds.

Edited by Gally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.