What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Kuechly in the 3rd? (1 Viewer)

P Park Pimps

Footballguy
Got my IDP standard (tackle heavy) keeper draft this Sunday. 

Some background:

Kept Telvin Smith, Leveon Bell, Joe Mixon, Alex Collins, & Derrick Henry. Needless to say im thin at WR. We start 3 LB's and 2 WR's

My first pick isnt until round 3. If Kuechly (Deion Jones & Bobby Wagner are kept) is still there do I draft him over WR's like Mike Evans, TY Hilton and WR's in that tier?

TIA

I am avoiding Kuechly that high.  I have serious longevity concerns about him given his concussion history and playstyle.

On the more general question of “star LB vs. upper tier WR” it depends entirely on your scoring system.  In most systems, Ingo with the star WR, since the LB group is much deeper and value drops off less steeply.  If the scoring leans IDP-heavy that could change though.

I am avoiding Kuechly that high.  I have serious longevity concerns about him given his concussion history and playstyle.

On the more general question of “star LB vs. upper tier WR” it depends entirely on your scoring system.  In most systems, Ingo with the star WR, since the LB group is much deeper and value drops off less steeply.  If the scoring leans IDP-heavy that could change though.
Scoring is IDP heavy as tackles are 1.5, assits are .75, sacks are 4. Among other categories are tackles for loss and bonuses for yards after turnover. 

Is there another LB that would warrant a 3rd besides the ones that were kept?

P Park Pimps said:
Scoring is IDP heavy as tackles are 1.5, assits are .75, sacks are 4. Among other categories are tackles for loss and bonuses for yards after turnover. 

Is there another LB that would warrant a 3rd besides the ones that were kept?
I’d probably go with Hilton there and look at LB later.  There are going to be decent LB a few rounds later after the WR have been thoroughly picked over.

How many RB can you start? I would probably go WR because you need them badly and I think finding a solid LB later will be easier than finding a WR. I am fully against hoarding mediocre starting RB over a more balanced keeper approach unless you are starting like 5 RB. I don't think hoarding RB and LB and having crap around them would be a good strategy.

How many RB can you start? I would probably go WR because you need them badly and I think finding a solid LB later will be easier than finding a WR. I am fully against hoarding mediocre starting RB over a more balanced keeper approach unless you are starting like 5 RB. I don't think hoarding RB and LB and having crap around them would be a good strategy.
We can start 2 rb's and have a flex for a 3rd. 

Ya, stupid thing about the league is that you have to lock in your keepers shortly after the season ends, I hate it. I'm actually shopping Bell right now.

Appreciate the feedback, thanks!

That added info helps. You maybe could have included starting requirements for all positions for better feedback. My preference would be to shop a RB to get another one of your starters locked down. If you trade for a LB or a WR that might give you more direction with your pick. I would consider all deals but I think I am lower on Derrick Henry than most and I feel his name, youth and viewed opportunity might net you the best return in a trade. I would try to get a trade done involving a RB before your draft.

I like a lot of the lb's out there and I have no trust in Kuechly making it through a season.  I would definitely pass on him in that spot.  I would try and target Schobert, Buccanon, and/or Jarrad Davis later on.  I also think Goodsen, Darius Leonard and avery Williamson could be nice additions with higher upside in later rounds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread