What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jack Ryan - Amazon Prime Video (1 Viewer)

CletiusMaximus said:
OK to watch with my 13 year old? I’m no worried about anything he sees or hears, but need to know how awkward it might be if I’m sitting next to him when he sees or hears it. 
There are 3 total sex scenes. One is nothing special with a butt shot. One is rather gratuitous because of how they do it and what happens right after. The third is with Jack and Cathy and she's a smoke show so it probably seemed more gratuitous then it really was though you do see her chest.

The blood in general is ok, but there are two gruesome scenes with bodies being eviscerated that my wife flinched at. Everything else is nothing out of the ordinary Bourne type movie.

You also see Jack in the shower once. Just about all of these are telegraphed so there is no surprise when it happens.

Also, FWIW, F-bombs out the wazoo in the 1st episode. Very good show and excellent production. Had to laugh at the huey tho.

I'm in the middle of the fourth episode and I definitely like it. But I do have one complaint - they spend WAY too much time with the terrorists. The focus of the show should be on Jack Ryan and the CIA/French friends. The terrorist storyline just isn't that interesting on its own. No reason to spend so much time with them.

That error in storytelling kind of reminds me of why I quit watching Criminal Minds in season 2.

Only watched the pilot so far but I really liked it. 
Finished the season and still really enjoyed it. My only complaint is that Krasinski is pretty meh acting-wise in this role. He’s not terrible, but he basically had the same blank expression on his face for the entire season.

My wife and I watched the first episode last night and enjoyed it.  We will continue to watch it for now.

Spoiler alert below

what was the point of the drone pilot?  Thought that storyline was unnecessary.
It showed why he disobeyed the order to not take the shot on the guy. I liked it in the end because they tied it together well. 

Binged a little and I'm on episode 4. Just saw the very short kinda boob shot. Anyone could watch this but I'm guessing kids would not like it.

Binged a little and I'm on episode 4. Just saw the very short kinda boob shot. Anyone could watch this but I'm guessing kids would not like it.
Really like it but I agree it could have done without that. My HS senior is fine, but my 14 year old probably would have liked it.

There has only been 1 issue. Someone gets blown up and somehow survives. Doesn’t really matter but other than that a very realistic and solid show. 

Refreshing to watch a CIA show that hasn’t jumped the shark.   This is dece.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh. I guess I'm the only one finding too much of this poorly written, with eye rolly decisions made. Also agree about casting the inflated office guy being a bit off. Not terrible, and we're still watching, but wish it was better.

And disagree with post above complaining about time spent on the terrorists. That's the only interesting part to me- story of what makes normalish people act like monsters. Otherwise it would be an 80s schwrazenegger cartoon with cartoon b/w good and bad guys. 

Watched the first two episodes last night and I am hooked. Great show so far. I'll admit it, I have a man crush on John K.

I think I've seen the commercial on NFLN and ESPN enough to sing the theme song word for word and possibly backwards.

Love the genre, have Amazon Prime so might give it a go.

Started last night with the better half. About to start episode 7. I have absolutely no complaints and find it fascinating and extremely well done and acted. We both agreed to rewatch "The Hunt for Red October". I'm also compelled to read some of the Clancy man now, my buddies told me he's a good read but he can be a bit too technical. One guy said he was prepared to build a jet fighter in his garage after reading one of the books.

Prime member here.......what are my options for watching is firestick the only option to watch on my TV?

2 episodes in, so far so good.  Wasn't sure about John K. as a younger Ryan, and still not.  He's still portraying a younger Ryan, though, having just met Cathy in the first episode - so maybe there will be more to come on the character front later on.

I'd forgotten that the character went to Boston College - I had thought it was the Naval Academy (apparently that was changed for the film version of Hunt for Red October, and it stuck in my head). 

Also I did a bit of reading (wiki), and the Ryan franchise is only the 57th highest grossing film franchise.  Yeah, there were only 4 films and the newest of them is still 16 years old - but I don't think I can name that many film franchises.

During the scenes with the president I had a hard time picturing our current potus in the same role. Is this just me, poor scripting or is the current potus not like a portrayed potus?

Started last night with the better half. About to start episode 7. I have absolutely no complaints and find it fascinating and extremely well done and acted. We both agreed to rewatch "The Hunt for Red October". I'm also compelled to read some of the Clancy man now, my buddies told me he's a good read but he can be a bit too technical. One guy said he was prepared to build a jet fighter in his garage after reading one of the books.
His books are great, but yes, he does tend to get technical, or at the very least, very detailed.

Having been a hug Clancy fan for most of my life and just started watching this, this feels like it is about as close to the book Jack Ryan and Jason Bourne is to those books, which is to say almost nothing.  Not to say it isn't a very enjoyable show, but why even use the name other than brand recognition if you are going to tread so haphazardly over the source material? :getoffmylawn:

Users who are viewing this thread