What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jack Ryan - Amazon Prime Video (1 Viewer)

John Krasinski

@johnkrasinski

Happy Halloween! To celebrate I thought I’d give all fans of Jack Ryan a little Halloween treat! When can you watch the new season? How about... right now!!! Yup! #JackRyan Season2! One day early! Only on @PrimeVideo

He actually was starting to tick me off the way he was dealing with the sex trafficker.  I get it.  The guy is evil.  But you have a freaking job to do.
Looking forward to the new season and that honestly was the only part I didn’t like. It was too over the top. That said, I really enjoyed the first season a lot. I rewatched it last week since I had to fly to Calgary and back and got stranded at the airport since I tried to get on stand by at 11:30pm and 5am, so I had time to watch it all. 

one neat thing about old jack is that you  could switch around the first and second names and you would get another name and that my friends is how special agents get it done take that to the bank bromigos 

Planning on binging next week.  All episodes are out?
Yes.

I want to like this... I really do. Told the wife we should watch last night- she reminded me of the sentiment I wrote in here...still watched the first episode. I still found the plot driving writing really silly. But first sentence, so... I'll keep going. 

I had been reading about the total change in the Ryan character this weekend. Everything I had seen was saying it was totally not a Jack Ryan-type character anymore. More like another Jason Bourne wannabe type. Didn't give me a good feeling about the new season.

Still having trouble with Jim playing Ryan, but solid first episode. They didn’t go cheap on the supporting cast. 
He's good. He was good in the Benghazi movie too. Has more range than just Jim.

Watched all 8 eps yesterday, finished at 2am. Just. Couldn't. Stop.

I love Greer, love Mike, love the ambassador smokeshow, loved Reyes. The bud light king has a nice role too.

Overall A, I'll probably watch it all over again

I had been reading about the total change in the Ryan character this weekend. Everything I had seen was saying it was totally not a Jack Ryan-type character anymore. More like another Jason Bourne wannabe type. Didn't give me a good feeling about the new season.
Not. Jack Ryan was an analyst, field ops, professor, business genius, congressman and I believe even president though all the jack Ryan books. He's very smart, and very determined. I think he's played accurately.

Now if they would do a series on "Clark", the real badasss of the Clancy era, that would be awesome

Finished the season. It’s B+ TV with excellent production values. There are some questionable writing and plotting decisions but I enjoyed it. 

He's good. He was good in the Benghazi movie too. Has more range than just Jim.
The Jim thing was a bit of a joke; I don’t think he’s typecast to that degree. But I do find him to be completely wooden unless he’s getting a chance to deliver some sarcastic dialog that shows off his ability to sell a dry sense of humor. He’s spent 95% of the two seasons with the exact same expression on his face. He’s not ruining the experience or anything but he’s not adding to it for me, either. 

Not. Jack Ryan was an analyst, field ops, professor, business genius, congressman and I believe even president though all the jack Ryan books. He's very smart, and very determined. I think he's played accurately.

Now if they would do a series on "Clark", the real badasss of the Clancy era, that would be awesome
Even in the new books with Jack Jr. (Jack Sr. is the pres), Clark is the baddest of the bad-asses. I'm a big fan of John Clark. In the first few Clancy books "Without Remorse" is my favorite. It is all about the origin of John Clark.

The Jim thing was a bit of a joke; I don’t think he’s typecast to that degree. But I do find him to be completely wooden unless he’s getting a chance to deliver some sarcastic dialog that shows off his ability to sell a dry sense of humor. He’s spent 95% of the two seasons with the exact same expression on his face. He’s not ruining the experience or anything but he’s not adding to it for me, either. 
i don't mind him in these stoic action guy roles.   I like his style, and the fact he obviously had chemistry with Greer actor going back to last season.   They are a great "duo", even if the plot twists and writing sometimes doens't add up.   You have to remember that Jack Ryan was always thinking, using his brain to solve complex issues, usually 2 steps ahead of the rest of the field.  

I’ll give season 2 a shot I guess. I liked season 1 except the whole wife cuck desk jockey going to Afghanistan storyline which was lame and completely unnecessary.  

Palace Guard Training Handbook 101: When investigating the dead bodies on the stairs,  one should always step over them and continue up the stairs, especially if you just saw the guy in front of you get shot.

We're working our way through the season here and there... maybe four in. It's consistent- I'll give it that. Unfortunately, it's consistently weak- writing, mainly...including pacing, but mostly how it's put together (by episode and so far season arc) and the choices made pushing plot. And yet I keep wanting/hoping it gets better...at about a C for me. Jim doesn't even bother me, tbh.

Watched it all.

This is the genre that I will somehow sit through every time despite how bad it might be.

I give it a solid "meh", and have no doubt I'll find myself rewatching it somehow in the future.

Joe Mammy said:
Even in the new books with Jack Jr. (Jack Sr. is the pres), Clark is the baddest of the bad-asses. I'm a big fan of John Clark. In the first few Clancy books "Without Remorse" is my favorite. It is all about the origin of John Clark.
Without Remorse is my favorite Clancy book.  Clark is Clancy’s best character.

Never watched the Office so don't have this stigma. Loved him in 13 hours and as Ryan :thumbup:
Me either. I had no interest in it. he was good in 13 Hrs. I think the show is pretty good for what it is. I kind of wished they had this as a movie that went into a TV series though but I like it. I had Homeland and with the last season on in 2020 well I need to get my espionage in somehow and Jack Ryan will do it for me 

We are through Episode 3 of season 2 - I am enjoying it for what it is - a mash-up of: Strike Back, Bourne, Clancy

Having said that, there are a few nits I'd like to pick:

1.  What happened with Cathy Mueller?  We know in the Jack Ryan Universe, they get married, but no mention of her so far, and Jack was on the prowl with the German agent - that seems out of character.

2.  If Jack is so smart, why does he continue to do dumb things?  Hooking up with the German agent being near the top of the list, but walking blindly into the bathroom with the water over-flowing was equally dumb - given the circumstances.

3.  Really odd nit to pick, but it really annoyed me to see the ambassador carrying a purse when she met Ryan and the Senator, and went to meet the President.  Ambassadors have bag people they don't carry bags or purses on official business imo.

4.  Greer - deciding its a good idea to start chasing BGs in the street, and heading to the jungle with a heart condition.  James Earl Jones would have known better.

5.  Uber - WTF dude?  One job.

We are through Episode 3 of season 2 - I am enjoying it for what it is - a mash-up of: Strike Back, Bourne, Clancy

Having said that, there are a few nits I'd like to pick:

1.  What happened with Cathy Mueller?  We know in the Jack Ryan Universe, they get married, but no mention of her so far, and Jack was on the prowl with the German agent - that seems out of character.

2.  If Jack is so smart, why does he continue to do dumb things?  Hooking up with the German agent being near the top of the list, but walking blindly into the bathroom with the water over-flowing was equally dumb - given the circumstances.

3.  Really odd nit to pick, but it really annoyed me to see the ambassador carrying a purse when she met Ryan and the Senator, and went to meet the President.  Ambassadors have bag people they don't carry bags or purses on official business imo.

4.  Greer - deciding its a good idea to start chasing BGs in the street, and heading to the jungle with a heart condition.  James Earl Jones would have known better.

5.  Uber - WTF dude?  One job.
Tbh, almost every scene and reason for plot build were nit-pickable eyerolling moments for me.

We wrapped it last night. It's silly and poorly written. But it's got guys with guns and some geopolitical intrigues, so....

Tbh, almost every scene and reason for plot build were nit-pickable eyerolling moments for me.

We wrapped it last night. It's silly and poorly written. But it's got guys with guns and some geopolitical intrigues, so....
I liked how in the presidential palace they had the analyst on point and kept the Marines behind him. Makes sense.

Great show.  I have only watched 6 episodes of s1 but it's hard to turn off. Exceptional entertainment.  Probably would never have even started if  not for the recommendation here.  :thumbup:

i liked it a lot and i think that the real jack ryan would probably beat any of the soft waists in here badmouthing him about the head until they came to there senses but that is just me talking take that to the bank brohans 

i liked it a lot and i think that the real jack ryan would probably beat any of the soft waists in here badmouthing him about the head until they came to there senses but that is just me talking take that to the bank brohans 
That Jack Ryan seems kind of mean. But also much better written than the one in the show.

El Floppo said:
SWC said:
That Jack Ryan seems kind of mean. But also much better written than the one in the show.
in the old west where he is from jack ryan would have shot you under the table just for looking like you were thinking that take that to the bank el guapohan

El Floppo said:
:thumbup: and no worries...I was more joking that the last several comments weren't exactly recommending it.
From the few comments in here and on IMDB reviews I get the feeling season 2 may be significantly worse.  Going to judge for myself when I fire it up sometime this week.

Users who are viewing this thread