What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jack Ryan - Amazon Prime Video (1 Viewer)

Finished the season. It’s B+ TV with excellent production values. There are some questionable writing and plotting decisions but I enjoyed it. 
Kind of feel the same.  VERY glad this wasn't on Netflix or there would have been 4 filler episodes on a season that felt stretched at 8.

I liked season 2 enough to want a season 3.  But when I finished season 1, I wanted a season 2 RIGHT NOW

I think the let-down has more to do with season 1 being so good rather than season 2 being meh.

I liked it..8 episodes was about right for this type of show.  Needed more of the ambassador though...I'll watch anything with Sandra Beeman in it  :wub:

Oh and...

RIP Matice...bummed they offed him...enjoyed that character immensely

We are through Episode 3 of season 2 - I am enjoying it for what it is - a mash-up of: Strike Back, Bourne, Clancy

Having said that, there are a few nits I'd like to pick:

1.  What happened with Cathy Mueller?  We know in the Jack Ryan Universe, they get married, but no mention of her so far, and Jack was on the prowl with the German agent - that seems out of character.

2.  If Jack is so smart, why does he continue to do dumb things?  Hooking up with the German agent being near the top of the list, but walking blindly into the bathroom with the water over-flowing was equally dumb - given the circumstances.

3.  Really odd nit to pick, but it really annoyed me to see the ambassador carrying a purse when she met Ryan and the Senator, and went to meet the President.  Ambassadors have bag people they don't carry bags or purses on official business imo.

4.  Greer - deciding its a good idea to start chasing BGs in the street, and heading to the jungle with a heart condition.  James Earl Jones would have known better.

5.  Uber - WTF dude?  One job.
All of the above I agree with but the bolded, like damn dude just stay in the freaking bhote! I suspend disbelief pretty well and overlook most picking of nits but this one just super irked me. #######

Overall, liked it. I'm a sucker for this type of stuff. Wasn't as good as season 1 I don't think but accomplished what I needed it to :thumbup:

I thought the last 3 episodes of S2 redeemed it somewhat.  Enough that I'll certainly give S3 a shot when it comes out.  Plenty of cringe-worthy things happened but was still enjoyable enough for me.  

WTF was the scene in Ep 7, where the car stalls and Ryan tells the guy to pop the hood. He lifts the hood without doing anything to the engine and then gets machine gun sprayed filling the car with lead. Partner blows bad guys up with a shoulder missile launcher and they just get back in the car, it immediately starts up and they drive off?

uhhh, ok.  So the key to fixing a stalled car is to shoot it up with bullets I guess. 

WTF was the scene in Ep 7, where the car stalls and Ryan tells the guy to pop the hood. He lifts the hood without doing anything to the engine and then gets machine gun sprayed filling the car with lead. Partner blows bad guys up with a shoulder missile launcher and they just get back in the car, it immediately starts up and they drive off?

uhhh, ok.  So the key to fixing a stalled car is to shoot it up with bullets I guess. 
WHY CANT YOU JUST ENJOY THE SHOW

- ffa anti-critics critics

Has anyone made it to the home stretch?

I was turned off enough by Season 2 to ask if Season 3 was better. Do I need to bother?

I’ll be in at some point. I read so much Clancy in high school that I will give every attempt a shot. Same with the Reacher character.

lol... there was a S3?
They just released the Final Season--4. I guess I should have known, this thread died during season 2.

Choosing the bad guy from Bad Boys 2 was a bad sign
lol... my wife actually put this on tonight. we were both on our phones during ep1- not even sure what season it is, tbh. but it has Michael Pena, which I found distracting since he was the good guy/cop in Narcos Mexico.

I'm enjoying the first few episodes of Season 4. Although I'm also someone who thought the entire series has been watchable up to this point, so take my opinion with a grain of salt if you're someone who has hated it.

We just finished season 4 last night.

4 was better than three.

Unfortunately, we have found a high % of series losing us after 3 seasons (more or less).... just often more of the same.

loved killing eve
money heist
man in the high castle
etc
etc

only a few grabbed us start to finish

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear that 4 was better than 3, which I just finished a week ago.
Season 3 had some nice locations but Jack saving the world every other episode got a little tedious.

Thanks for the heads up as I'll need something to watch on my plane trips tomorrow / Friday. I might be able to binge the entire season.
First two episodes pretty good. I am a big fan of Michael Pena and really dig his role thus far.

Thanks for the heads up as I'll need something to watch on my plane trips tomorrow / Friday. I might be able to binge the entire season.
First two episodes pretty good. I am a big fan of Michael Pena and really dig his role thus far.
I found it so distracting that the good-guy US cop from Narcos Mexico was now the seemingly bad guy Mex narco... caveat- I only saw the first ep, so no idea what role he takes in the series. I get that he's an actor and can play different roles- just seemed weird to me that he was what seemed like the same character just on the opposite end of the same story.

I found it so distracting that the good-guy US cop from Narcos Mexico was now the seemingly bad guy Mex narco... caveat- I only saw the first ep, so no idea what role he takes in the series. I get that he's an actor and can play different roles- just seemed weird to me that he was what seemed like the same character just on the opposite end of the same story.
I thought having the sidekick from Ant Man being a stone cold killer was weird but I got used to it over the first few episodes.

Agree that prior seasons were not great but I really enjoyed season 4. Interesting to see Michael Peña in a bada$$ role, which I did not expect him to pull off, but he was great. I think I’ve only seen him play dufus roles previously.

Surprised so many liked it. I watched it, but rolled my eyes so many times. I thought it was so implausible. Mr. November happens to know the headmaster of the one brothel that can get them into the exclusive castle party deal. She can also captain a yacht by the way and knows exactly what time to pick them up to hasten their escape. The biggest terrorist threat in the world is BFF with Jack's lady friend. A CIA business card earns us plane rentals from other countries. Taking on entire terrorist compounds with a spear gun.

Finally watched season 4 and really enjoyed it. I know this series is done, but I hope for me from the same writing universe.
It actually ended pretty well. I think the weakest part of the whole series was when they did all the boat stuff, maybe season 2? I barely recall but it was the one time that someone went far off to keep the story going (boat driver).

Users who are viewing this thread