What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft tonight: How far do you drop Bell? (1 Viewer)

T.J.

Footballguy
I got 1.08 pick (12 team)

Will he fall to me with that pick, and if so do i grab him?

I say no, but wanna hear from the experts!!!

He's in my "Let someone else deal with that problem" tier. I wouldn't even think about it in the first two rounds. 3rd round maybe, but even then I'm sure I could find someone with less risk.
I've been saying I wouldn't touch him in the first for two weeks now. Now it's more like you. I can find massive value in the third over someone who isn't likely to see the field for weeks, and if he does, has a truly unmotivated line blocking for him and team pulling for his backup. So, I mean...

Yeeeesh. This is ten times worse than LeBron's "decision," but it's not just PR. Your own teammates want no part of you.  

I pick 12/12 in my redraft PPR tonight, going to be very interesting to see where Bell ends up.

What's annoying me at the moment is that if he doesn't go before my pick, that's one more solid player I don't get to draft.

I admit it will be hard for me not to pull the trigger if he's there for me.

I’d take him in the 3rd round if he’s still available there.  I’m confident enough in my drafting and waiver wire abilities to take that risk. If you can survive and advance to the playoffs you would be sitting pretty with a top 3 player you for for a late 3rd round price.  Yes I realize there is a risk he never plays this year but there is significant bust risk with any 3rd round pick 

I got 1.08 pick (12 team)

Will he fall to me with that pick, and if so do i grab him?

I say no, but wanna hear from the experts!!!
No thanks with any first-rounder, but I'd still be fine with taking him at 2.05. Unfortunately (or fortunately), it's almost certain that someone braver (or more foolish) than you will jump on him before that.

After Cook is off the board. Probably after Henry, Drake, Lynch, Miller but before Hyde, Carson, Barber. Even then I’d be more fond of the two first round RB’s everyone has decided to ignore this year at that point in the draft.

I do believe it’s going to be the whole compliment of games he can hold out. There is no incentive to do otherwise unless he runs out of money.

I have an keeper auction draft tonight where Bell was kept.  It will really interesting to what the winning bid will be for Conner.

Went first overall in my local redraft a week ago. I was stunned at the time Gurley or Zeke didn't go 1, there was no logic to that decision even then. He had the most questions of all the top backs and that was way before the situation worsened still. Borderline undraftable anywhere in the first 2 rounds.

Went first overall in my local redraft a week ago. I was stunned at the time Gurley or Zeke didn't go 1, there was no logic to that decision even then. He had the most questions of all the top backs and that was way before the situation worsened still. Borderline undraftable anywhere in the first 2 rounds.
Me and some guy were going off a few nights ago over the lack of concern this was causing the in FF world (what you think of that world is one thing, what its ostensible substantive message is being produced is another). It was weird. And I think Zeke and DJ are better backs, anyway.  

Last edited by a moderator:
What two first rounders is everybody ignoring? 
Michel and Penny. Statistically speaking 1st round RB’s stand a high chance of achieving at least one 1,000 yd season in their career. Just on that probability there is more of a chance that they do something over the Barber’s and Carson’s. Ya, blah, blah, blah draft capital zombie but it’s the truth in the numbers.

Michel and Penny. Statistically speaking 1st round RB’s stand a high chance of achieving at least one 1,000 yd season in their career. Just on that probability there is more of a chance that they do something over the Barber’s and Carson’s. Ya, blah, blah, blah draft capital zombie but it’s the truth in the numbers.
You meant two first rounders that got taken this year. I gotcha. 

eta* Yeah, if that's the truth in numbers, then so be it. I have no major gripe with trying to find predictions coming from talent evaluation concretized in a draft spot. Seems like a good place to start, actually. 

Me and some guy were going off a few nights ago over the lack of concern this was causing the in FF world (what you think of that world is one thing, what its ostensible substantive message is being produced is another.). It was weird. And I think Zeke and DJ are better backs, anyway.  
Agree 100%. I did 2 auctions last night and he went for basically the same amount as Zeke, DJ and Kamara and more than Barkley, Hunt et al. Only Gurley cost more. I'm sitting there shaking my head thinking I wouldn't pay more than i'd pay for someone like Collins, far too many questions. Seems like so many as recently as 18 hours ago had no doubts or questions at all. Additionally, picked up Conner for $1 in both right at the end. Now i've no idea what he'll do or how this will pan out but that seems off-kilter in the extreme to me?

Yes, Conner has been massively undervalued in terms of true value, not the supply and demand stuff we hear all the time. 

"His value is what people will pay for him or draft him at." 

No, his value is what he's worth. And he was worth a sixth-eighth last night, which was why I was never touching Bell in the first.  

He went at 1.05 in my 12-team PPR last night.

And with my last pick before DEF and K, in round 14, I selected James Conner.

Mr. LeVeon Bell owner, this is on you. I gave you AMPLE time.

He went at 1.05 in my 12-team PPR last night.

And with my last pick before DEF and K, in round 14, I selected James Conner.

Mr. LeVeon Bell owner, this is on you. I gave you AMPLE time.
I don’t know how this is happening. There is still time to be wrong though. I have a lot of teams where I won’t be making my drops until Sunday AM but I believe he would have to report on Saturday to get paid week 1.

I don’t know how this is happening. There is still time to be wrong though. I have a lot of teams where I won’t be making my drops until Sunday AM but I believe he would have to report on Saturday to get paid week 1.
There are a lot of casual leagues and people who don't understand nor care to understand how this is supposed to play out. Most people aren't on a message board discussing the situation and how it pertains to fantasy. If I'm drafting in a high stakes FFPC league I expect Conner to go anywhere between the 7th and the 10th right now. In more casual leagues, who knows, but I'm surprised Skoo let him slip to the 14th round.

In what I consider a more casual league (but still a $500 buy-in) last night Bell went at 1.06. One of my friends who I discuss fantasy with a lot (non-Bell owner) took Conner at 7.09. The Bell owner immediately typed in the chat "I don't think Bell is going to pass up on those $1 million game checks.. at least I hope not.". In that round the Bell owner had drafted Funchess over Conner. I had spoken about how I had taken Conner at 11.09 in a draft two nights ago in which the Bell owner of that round took Will Fuller. The opportunity cost of passing up on the hedge to your extremely risky first round pick for a WR4 is so large it hurts my head.  

Man In The Box said:
Someone else will draft him way higher than I would at the moment.
This was exactly my thought as well.  At a certain point after round 3 I probably think about taking him for the upside but I assume he'd be gone by then in most drafts.  

I had Conner in my queue since like the 10th I think, but at that point there were players I thought were more valuable than a guy who might play one game.

Once it got further down the board however, it became insane not to grab him. Guy who drafted Bell isn't normally a Taco either, maybe he's just confident Bell will return in the next few days I dunno. If I was the one who grabbed Bell, I probably would've taken Conner in like the 8th just out of fear of someone vulturing.

Either way, it looks like I have me a Week 1 flex starter and possibly some great trade bait.

In my 14 team, RB heavy, snake last night Bell went 1.05.  Conner went 6.09 one pick before the team with Bell.

I was shocked especially after there was a lot of talk in the chat before the draft started with people saying they wouldnt touch him until the 3rd and that he was fool's gold.  I'm sure some of it was blowing smoke but still a lot of known risk to take him that high.  As I said before, having taken him in my auction, I wanted no parts of this scenario, especially now that I only play in 2 leagues.

Would not draft him in the top two rounds. 

He went at the 1.07 in a $150 last night.  Conner went in the 6th to the same owner.  That's way too hefty of a price to lock up one backfield, imo. 

Users who are viewing this thread