What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Had my draft. Any good? (1 Viewer)

Jamesinaz

Footballguy
After all the mock drafts I finally had the real thing.  Well, I FEEL like I done good but outside opinions for validation or bringing me crashing to earth are welcome.  League is 12 team redraft non-ppr with 1 QB 2 RB  2 WR 1 TE 1 FLEX D/ST and K

QB - Cam Newton (yeah need a backup)

RB - Gurley, Howard, L Miller, K Johnson, P Barber

WR - Hilton, Cooks, Golladay, Lockett, J Brown

TE - Njoku, Clay

D/ST - Texans, Steelers

K - Lutz

football guys says

Bottom line: 

With great inseason management, we think you have about a 90 percent chance of making the playoffs.

With good inseason management, we think you have about a 85 percent chance of making the playoffs.

With average inseason management, we think you have a 77 percent chance of making the playoffs.

Opinions are more than welcomed.

Thanks all.

Looking at your team, I feel that you got a really good starting line-up, but the bench may be a bit more meh.

QB - Not high on Cam (Saints fan though) since he really doesn't have any WR's, but with Olson, McCaffery and his O-Line getting a bit of a miracle, take it for what it is worth.

RB - Super strong here. You got THE RB1 and a solid RB2 who could be in the RB 10-14 talk at the end of the year, maybe even higher (see what Gurley did last year). The depth is great.

WR - You really need Cooks to hit. I've heard Galloday is the WR3 on the team, so his snaps will be limited. Lockett should be good as well.

TE - Njoku is a good flier. Clay can be dropped.

Def - It's good

I probably would have waited a bit longer on QB and got another WR versus getting Cam, but not sure which round you drafted him. I also wouldn't have drafted a 2nd TE or Def. If I were you, I'd consider looking at the WW and drop Clay and Pitts Def and pick up WRs like J.Brown (Bal), G. Allison (GB), T.Smith (NO), J.Ross (Cin). In a 1 QB short-bench league, I'm not overly active on getting a 2nd QB as Tyrod Taylor, Andy Dalton or Eli Manning can be placed in favourable matchups.

Don’t know who is on the waiver wire at QB but if Mahomes is I’d pick him up for Clay right away. Your RB’s are stacks and I believe your WR’s could be OK if Cooks turns out and I also really like John Brown. Njoku is a TE sleeper so that could also turn out. 

I don't really feel like you are going to really need a backup QB with Cam save for the bye week or injury. I could see him losing a few points if they run CMC more but I don't think thats a big worry since QB seems very deep and bunched up in the middle.   You are solid at RB I'm but not really sold on Johnson. I think you are a little weak at both WR and TE. I think Cooks is super great but in that crowded Rams group will he get enough volume? Njoku is talented but TE is kinda a crap shot anways. I agree with CKoz24 that you'd be fine dropping Clay. I don't think you'll need any other defense most of the year since I think the Texans will be solid and if I remember they have a pretty good schedule (I have them in my leagues) but NOT starting them this week against NE is a good idea. I'm starting the Titans ans the Lions in my leagues. I think the Steelers face the Browns this week? and that's an ok match up to exploit I guess.  Kinda a conflict of interest with Njoku but no one really cares about that. :)

Users who are viewing this thread