What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Research For New Fantasy Football Tool (1 Viewer)

Sormike

Footballguy
Hey all,

While we bring in the start of another great fantasy football league, I wanted to pick the brains of a larger fantasy community to help me determine the direction of a new fantasy football tool I'll be creating. I am starting at the very beginning with preliminary research and would appreciate any feedback through a quick survey (shouldn't take more than 5 minutes). This research will help me pinpoint a few ideas to dig into further.

>>The survey is located here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JZ6ZGVV

Happy to keep any of you updated through the product creation lifecycle. It is a side project and not funded by my day job, so I'll be looking to build something low budget, but high value. 

Thanks!

Historically, fantasy football has been a season long endeavor, and I have a feeling the younger generation no longer has the attention span for it.

Now if you can somehow find a way to combine people being able to draft a team (as we know drafting is the most FUN part of fantasy sports!), then somehow be able to do this DAILY (crazy I know), and lastly BET money on it... well the sky's the limit for such an invention.

Historically, fantasy football has been a season long endeavor, and I have a feeling the younger generation no longer has the attention span for it.

Now if you can somehow find a way to combine people being able to draft a team (as we know drafting is the most FUN part of fantasy sports!), then somehow be able to do this DAILY (crazy I know), and lastly BET money on it... well the sky's the limit for such an invention.
Imagine fans in a duel to determine who was the draft king. This might work. 

Thanks everyone for your feedback so far. I especially like the tshirt idea here!

Ilov80s said:
When did you start playing fantasy?
I've played fantasty sports for close to 15 years across dynasty, redraft and daily sports and have enjoyed the evolution of the game through the creation and development of great websites and tools such as footballguys. I do see it being a saturated market, but I have small areas of frustration across the current tools I use. I'm starting to see trends of similar frustrations in the feedback I'm receiving. While I don't think anything built will be revolutionary, I'm looking to create something that is simple, easy to access and resolves a current gap or pain point in the market. 

NotSmart said:

Why do I feel like this is already available...

Keep the feedback coming!

Last edited by a moderator:
What's your favorite rooster size?
Rooster size? I guess large enough to support the creation of eggs for me to eat is sufficient. If the rooster is too large, you're just paying for it in extra food costs. 

Roster size? The larger the better. I like researching and fighting for end of roster guys in dynasty -- WR6s on NFL team's depth charts, practice squad guys, IDP, out of work vets waiting for a call. 

Thanks for the laughs in this thread and for the quality responses in the survey. Good stuff so far!

Also, FootballGuys doesn't have to worry about me and my basically non-existent budget as a competitor. I'm just looking to make some small contribution to this game in some way. This is helping me narrow in on what this contribution should be.

Thanks for the laughs in this thread and for the quality responses in the survey. Good stuff so far!

Also, FootballGuys doesn't have to worry about me and my basically non-existent budget as a competitor. I'm just looking to make some small contribution to this game in some way. This is helping me narrow in on what this contribution should be.
A forum where we can rate hot women over age 50 in yoga pants?

Rooster size? I guess large enough to support the creation of eggs for me to eat is sufficient. If the rooster is too large, you're just paying for it in extra food costs. 

Roster size? The larger the better. I like researching and fighting for end of roster guys in dynasty -- WR6s on NFL team's depth charts, practice squad guys, IDP, out of work vets waiting for a call. 
HINT: roosters don't lay eggs.

Apparently went -0- WR in my draft.  Who do I start with Will Fuller GTD?  Godwin@NO, John Brown vs Buff, or Dede/Donte @NYG?

So let's get down to brass tacks here...

Is this app going to be for Fantasy Football, or for DFS?

If you can create a system that that predicts player stats with 70% accuracy you will be my god. 

Sormike said:

You have already made a small contribution.

Users who are viewing this thread