What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 Questions For Bloom (1 Viewer)

Noticed you're very low on Watkins this week after being pretty bullish on him in the pre-season. Is this more matchup specific, or are you worried about him going forward?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropped kicker to pu connor, pick 1 to drop by Sun: E Sanders, A Robinson, Larry Fitz, Cole, Lynch, Ingram, Cohen, Mahomes, Luck, 10 tm std, lineup 1-2-2-1, Flex (WR/RB), K,D.

Appreciate ya.

HAPPY BACK TO FOOTBALL!!!!!

Thanks in advance for doing these again.

Scenerio: 12-team, .5 PPR, Passing TD's = 4pts, 3yr Keeper league (QRRWWTFKD)

My roster:

• QB: Watson
  • RB: Gurley, Kamara, Collins, Penny, Chubb
  • WR: AJ Green, TY Hilton, J. Gordon, Crabtree, Watkins, Gallup, K. Benjamin, Kirk
  • TE: Engram
  • K: Zuerlein
  • DST: Den
Question 1:

Would you drop Kirk for one of the below FA:

• Jaylen Samuels (PIT) - he has RB & TE Eligibility
  • John Kelley (LAR) - handcuff to Gurley

Scenerio 2: 12-team, .5 PPR, Passing TD's = 4pts, Redraft league (QRRWWTFKD)

My Roster (Starters bolded):

• QB: Rivers
  • RB: Barclay, K. Johnson, Lynch, Burkhead, Penny, R. Jones
  • WR: Allen, Cooks, Gordon, Watkins
  • TE: Gronk
  • K: Gano
  • DST: HOU
Question 1:

WDIS @ RB2:

• K. Johnson vs. NYJ
  • Burkhead vs, HOU
  • Lynch vs. LAR 
Question 2:

WDIS @ WR2:

• Cooks @ OAK
  • Gordon vs. PIT
Question 2:

WDIS @ Flex

• of the remaining players above

Again, thanks in advance, for the help.

Thanks as always!

Standard league. Starting A. Collins and J. Conner as RBs (lost McKinnon)

Need a flex from:

Duke Jr

A. Morris

L. Murray

C. Davis

M. Williams (LAC)

Alshon Jeffery just got dumped on the wire. Worth jumping on  instead of Tate or Woods? Other war is Tyreek. Standard scoring. 12 team.

Brady, Mahomes

Hunt,Fournette,Hyde,Ingram,Connor

Hill,Tate,Woods

Graham

Thank you Bloom. Interested in seeing your take on non-WDIS questions. Hopefully they don’t bog down an informative thread. 

Are you worried about the line in Carolina? I was really high on CMC and almost see the line issues as potentially good for him from the angle of if they can’t hold their blocks Carolina may be more inclined to get the ball to McCaffrey in space and thus lead to more receptions. I don’t see CJA being successful behind a poor line but that could also stall their drives. 

Any recommendations for two Week 1 flex players in double flex league (non-PPR) among MGoodwin, Golladay, Smokey Brown, Gio Bernard, Kerryon Johnson, OJ Howard, and CGodwin (opponent got a head start with Ajayi last night if that affects answer)?

Sig, I need to drop one by the weekend in full ppr: James white, Alf Morris, Matt Bread. I own Rex, might even start white over Rex. But unless this year is different (was made a captain) we know his ceiling. Shannahan rbs always produce, Breida ended the year very well. He could have highest ceiling but lowest as well. Maybe Alf the drop for upside but he has goal line on lock most likely. Also, this week Pick two flex’s one high upside one high floor in ppr from Cole, Lockett, J Brown, Rex, white. Thanks sig, stay classy! 

Sig, appreciate you doing this.

Ppr league need 1 wr, who would you choose between: crowder, woods, cole, golladay.

The above mentioned wr would you drop any for ross or stills?

Is there any deep dive Rb and wr you are high on?

Thank you

Sig, Thanks in advance.

Standard Scoring w/ 1 point PPR.

Pick 1 WR:  Crowder @ Ari  or Corey Davis @ Mia

Pick 1 RB:  Conner @ Cle or Miller @ NE

Sig, Thanks in advance.

Standard Scoring w/ 1 point PPR.

Pick 1 WR:  Crowder @ Ari  or Corey Davis @ Mia

Pick 1 RB:  Conner @ Cle or Miller @ NE
Serious question, because I’m baffled. Why do you ask when he has projections showing Crowder over Davis and Miller over Conner? 

It's great to have you back in the forums.  I missed out on top QBs this year and waited forever in the later rounds.  What are your thoughts on Goff this year?  Does he make the leap into the next tier?

Which Def to start?  Carolina vs Dal or Greenbay vs Chicago?

.5 PPR.  Hogan or Burkhead for flex spot?

Thanks.

Hey Sig. in a standard league (non-ppr):

1) At QB, either dalton or Cam 

2) At RB, I need 2 of the following: Henry, Connor, Collins, Burkhead. Do I sit Connor because of the weather in Cleveland? 

3) I need one at WR: Sanders, Cole, or Stills.  

Thanks!

Who should I drop to pick up a kicker before sunday: Kupp, Stills, or Godwin?  12-Team Half-PPR Keeper league (keep 3).  Starting WRs this week are Cooks and Crabtree (also have Robby Anderson).  Ive got good RB starters and depth, but WRs aren't as strong, and looking to stash upside plays.

Another league if you have time (selfish).  Ive got the Texans Def, but don't want to play them or drop them.  I am thinking of picking up another defense, and going with no kicker for the week.  Have to drop Lockett, Godwin, Riddick, or John Brown to pick up a kicker or another D (thinking Riddick).  Half-PPR 14-team redraft league.   Thinking im gonna drop Riddick and pick up another D (Titans best avail).  Other player on team: RB: Kamara, Conner, Freeman, Burkhead, Thompson.  WR: Thielen, Crabtree.  

(As you can tell I like hoarding upside players).  You are the best!  Thanks!

PPR League. Scoring Note for RBs: You also get 1 pt for every 4 rushing attempts.

Pick one for flex:

* R. Burkhead vs HOU -- Conflicting reports on potential usage. Should be involved in the passing game and could get goal line carries. Then again, J. White and J. Hill could be in the mix.

* M. Lynch vs LAR -- Don't like the game script potential here, but don't see any sign of D. Martin eating into carries.

* J. Gordon vs PIT -- Steelers vulnerable to the deep ball, but is Gordon really on a pitch count? Also, the weather forecast is calling for the potential for 5 inches of rain on game day and gusty winds. Not exactly great conditions for the deep passing game nor a good spot for a WR where the coach wants to avoid injury.

Both seem like low floor, but high ceiling options.

Which?

Thanks.

I got too cute with my draft waiting on QB and am  stuck with Eli and Carr as my QBs.  

So do I start Eli v Jax or Carr v LAR?  Both are awful choices for this week I know.  

4 point passing TD

1 point for 20 yards passing 

Thanks!  

PPR League.

Pick one RB:

* J. Howard @GB -- Last year against GB had a middling YPC and between 50-60 yards each game with one TD plunge. Not great. GB could get up big and nobody knows if he's actually catching passes this year. CHI offense SHOULD be better, but haven't seen it yet.

or

* J. Connor @CLE -- Assume Bell out. Should get all the touches. CLE a tough run D though and this feels like a lower scoring game. Especially with weather concerns.

Which?

PPR League.

Pick one WR:

* J. Brown vs BUF -- BUF vulnerable to the deep ball and could see Flacco taking a couple shots if the run game gets going. That said, may be a slaughter so may not need to throw.

or

* J. Gordon vs PIT -- May not play a ton of snaps and weather a concern. 

Which?

Thanks

Need help picking up a WR on waivers. The way the draft flowed I loaded up on RBs, but fell short on WRs in a big way -- J. Gordon, N. Agholor, T. Lockett, J. Brown.

Who is the best flier you'd pick up now that could emerge?

* D. Westbrook

* G. Allison

* Tyrell Williams

* Tre Smith

* P. Dorsett

Thanks

Bloomington! What's up?

For a WR3: ppr:  Corey Davis, Hilton (matchup), John Brown.  Need 1

then for a flex:  the 2 wrs left over from above or James White?

Also ppr:  Baldwin, Goodwin or John Brown? just 1

then just straight production this week, would you say Connor or Burkhead scores more ppr points?

thank you, sir!

Thanks as always.

TD-Heavy league...2 points every 50 yds rushing or receiving, 2 points every 5 catches.

Start 1 RB: Marshawn Lynch, Peyton Barber or James White

Start 2 WR: Josh Gordon, John Ross, Marquise Goodwin, Kenny Stills

Ahh week 1 finally...

So would you start Conner in a potential monsoon over Henry vs the Phins?  PPR 

And as a flex would you go AP, Smokey, Jordy, or Breida?  PPR 

Last one Carson, Morris, Smokey, or Cole?  PPR

Thanks Sig!

Hi Sig,

I appreciate your time and advice as always.

14 team ppr, which 3 out of the choices below:

Alfred Morris

James Conner

Sammy Watkins

Josh Gordon

Anthony Miller

Taywan Taylor

thx!

Hey Sig--thank you in advance.  Need a bit of help on this one.  PPR league where I need to pick several flex positions. Please rank the following players (I need to pick 4 of them).  

Josh gordon

lesean mccoy

pierre garcon 

adrian peterson

evan engram 

chris thompson

John brown. 

Thanks for your feedback in the past and thanks in advance for this year!

Need 2 WR's, 2 RB's and  a Flex (WR/RB/TE) from the following in PPR w/ Standard scoring

&

Which TE to start?

• RB's:  Kareem Hunt, Mel Gordan, Jordan Howard, James Conner
  • WR's: T.Y., Chris Hogan, Corey Davis, Crabtree, Galloday
  • TE: Jordan Reed/Kyle Rudolph
Also, what are your thoughts on Allen Robinson and Michael Gallup this year (I have them in another league)

How much does Mahomes move up your board with Bosa out?

Waldman mentioned that LAC isn't that bad a matchup, but most experts seem to think Mahomes will be way outside the top 12 this week.

Hello Sigmund. 

I am pontificating between Hyde and Conner in non ppr. Who do you ascertain will have the superior week 1 ? 

Thank you 

Half PPR...Auctioned an RB group of Fournette, Collins, Miller, Ingram, Hyde, Dion Lewis, Crowell.  My only TE is Njoku.  I can flip Hyde or Lewis for Jimmy Graham, or maybe Walker.  Do I make that deal this early in season, or hold onto my RB depth for a later trade?

Sup SIg, 

Need to drop one for Kicker in 12tm .5ppr league: Lockett, Cobb, Stills...

Guys like smokie Brown, Shepard, ty Williams, allison, TreQuan Smith are on waivers.. So i guess the better questions is which TWO high upside WR do I stash on bench for week 1. 

ARob and Sanders are my two starts..

Thanks

With the news of Olsen potentially having back issues, do you risk playing him or would you throw Evan Engram (half PPR) into your TE spot?

With the news of Olsen potentially having back issues, do you risk playing him or would you throw Evan Engram (half PPR) into your TE spot?
Or, going even bigger picture, any second tier TEs to fill the possible Olsen gap in my lineup? 1pt PPR for TEs. Mahalo! 

ASJ

Watson

Brate

Ebron

Charles Clay

Jesse James

Jared Cook

With the expected monsoon in Cleveland,  I have to sit Ben (for Alex Smith). But what about Juju ? And if I sit him too, would you go with Tyrell Williams,  Tyler Lockett or Sterling Shepherd? Thank you good sir.

Listened to OTC, great episode!
Would you trade away Alex Smith and Jordan Reed for Pat Mahomes in 6 pt passing TD, PPR league?
We start 1 QB and 1 TE. My QBs are Wentz, A. Smith & Dalton, TEs are J. Graham and J. Reed.

Also, if you would do that trade, would you wait until week 3 to pull trigger since Alex Smith plays Indy week 2 and Mahomes plays Steelers week 2?

Thanks Sig and keep up the great work!

HAPPY BACK TO FOOTBALL!!!!!

Thanks in advance for doing these again.

Scenerio: 12-team, .5 PPR, Passing TD's = 4pts, 3yr Keeper league (QRRWWTFKD)

My roster:

• QB: Watson
  • RB: Gurley, Kamara, Collins, Penny, Chubb
  • WR: AJ Green, TY Hilton, J. Gordon, Crabtree, Watkins, Gallup, K. Benjamin, Kirk
  • TE: Engram
  • K: Zuerlein
  • DST: Den
Question 1:

Would you drop Kirk for one of the below FA:

• Jaylen Samuels (PIT) - he has RB & TE Eligibility
  • John Kelley (LAR) - handcuff to Gurley

Scenerio 2: 12-team, .5 PPR, Passing TD's = 4pts, Redraft league (QRRWWTFKD)

My Roster (Starters bolded):

• QB: Rivers
  • RB: Barclay, K. Johnson, Lynch, Burkhead, Penny, R. Jones
  • WR: Allen, Cooks, Gordon, Watkins
  • TE: Gronk
  • K: Gano
  • DST: HOU
Question 1:

WDIS @ RB2:

• K. Johnson vs. NYJ
  • Burkhead vs, HOU
  • Lynch vs. LAR 
Question 2:

WDIS @ WR2:

• Cooks @ OAK
  • Gordon vs. PIT
Question 2:

WDIS @ Flex

• of the remaining players above

Again, thanks in advance, for the help.
oh hell yeah!

samuels rex cooks watkins

Thanks as always!

Standard league. Starting A. Collins and J. Conner as RBs (lost McKinnon)

Need a flex from:

Duke Jr

A. Morris

L. Murray

C. Davis

M. Williams (LAC)
I'm rollin with Williams against a turrible Chiefs secondary. Murray and Davis are interesting too, but MIN OL and Davis maybe seeing some X Howard + Mariota cold preseason.

Users who are viewing this thread