What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keanu Neal done for 2018. (1 Viewer)

Kazee was a beast in the preseason (I almost added him b/c of all the good press) but I can't say for sure that would translate to him taking over SS. I would, however, wager a small wire fee on him being the guy to take over and take advantage of the opportunity he needed. 

Kazee was a beast in the preseason (I almost added him b/c of all the good press) but I can't say for sure that would translate to him taking over SS. I would, however, wager a small wire fee on him being the guy to take over and take advantage of the opportunity he needed. 
:goodposting:

Looked like he tore it the first time and they sent him back out there
I didn't watch the second half and when I saw the injury report pop up here I thought it was from that first half play. Non-contact, just chasing the receiver going for the tackle... I was surprised to read he was in until the 4th Q. 

Pretty sure Kazee is a FA in most leagues.  Pretty sure I'm out.  

He had a good game during the TV debut, when everyone was watching.  IDP Twitter was on him, in real time.  

But I see him with FS size, guys like Kemal Ishmael and Jordan Richards around, and I wonder if he can put up Keanu Neal number, because you know--he's not Keanu Neal.  

Pretty sure Kazee is a FA in most leagues.  Pretty sure I'm out.  

He had a good game during the TV debut, when everyone was watching.  IDP Twitter was on him, in real time.  

But I see him with FS size, guys like Kemal Ishmael and Jordan Richards around, and I wonder if he can put up Keanu Neal number, because you know--he's not Keanu Neal.  
He's in his second year so he's probably only owned in leagues where he was drafted as a rookie by an owner ready to hold. I agree his size is an issue (and says as much on Roto with their blurb... from 2017 draft time lol) so full time SS might be asking a bit much. The news cycle is definitively hyping him already and Coach says Neal's replacement is in-house. First game with a 2 day lull until any more football.... pretty good chance Kazee is not going to fly under the radar and will be a highly targeted add. Other injuries will impact it, but often you can find gems that aren't noticed by all and that is very unlikely given the TNF --> Sunday gap. 

CBS article link - check out the related titles at the bottom to see the press I was seeing pre-season. 

Dan Quinn in-house quote - article link

He's in his second year so he's probably only owned in leagues where he was drafted as a rookie by an owner ready to hold. I agree his size is an issue (and says as much on Roto with their blurb... from 2017 draft time lol) so full time SS might be asking a bit much. The news cycle is definitively hyping him already and Coach says Neal's replacement is in-house. First game with a 2 day lull until any more football.... pretty good chance Kazee is not going to fly under the radar and will be a highly targeted add. Other injuries will impact it, but often you can find gems that aren't noticed by all and that is very unlikely given the TNF --> Sunday gap. 

CBS article link - check out the related titles at the bottom to see the press I was seeing pre-season. 

Dan Quinn in-house quote - article link
We should track is FAAB price in here.  Will be interesting to see.  

We should track is FAAB price in here.  Will be interesting to see.  
I'm throwing a buck at him in a 12-team league where probably half of the league won't be savvy enough to jump on this.  If I whiff, I'll just promote Derwin James. Or just stick with RJones, Peppers and Swearinger.  Not sure.  Still... sucks.

i grabbed Kazee as a roster stash about a week ago. all the chatter from ATL reports from camp and preseason was how he was the best player on the field always. he is an aggressive, physical player despite his stature. 

Ricardo Allen moved to SS with Neal down last night. Kazee played FS. i'm not sure they'll stick with that beyond last night but Allen played really well and Kazee made a few plays too.

i grabbed Kazee as a roster stash about a week ago. all the chatter from ATL reports from camp and preseason was how he was the best player on the field always. he is an aggressive, physical player despite his stature. 

Ricardo Allen moved to SS with Neal down last night. Kazee played FS. i'm not sure they'll stick with that beyond last night but Allen played really well and Kazee made a few plays too.
Yeah I stashed him too so that’s lucky. He’s definitely the guy here - they were going to have to find ways to get him on the field given how well he was playing and now he’ll be playing basically full time you’d imagine.

FS or SS doesn’t really matter - he’s just one of those guys who is always around the ball making plays. He’s undersized but plays bigger than his size. 

I lean toward Richards or Ricardo Allen.  Allen's put up numbers in the past when playing nickel/slot roles and is more of a thumper than Kazee is.  I think Kazee is a back 1/3 type player that you don't want having to collapse down and do run support too often.

Kazee is getting first crack according to reports. The chatter is how he's earned the right to fill-in for Neal. I'd expect a decent game from him stat-wise but playing against the Panthers scheme seems like a tough draw for his first start. Any historical numbers to reference from Neal in previous match ups with them?

Seeing reports that Kazee to FS while Ricardo Allen to SS. Duke Riley gets first crack at replacing Jones. Foye and Ishmael splitting time at WLB.

Users who are viewing this thread