What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Obama's Back! (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/obama-slams-crazy-stuff-coming-out-trump-white-house-hits-n907546

Don't tell me that your vote doesn't matter. And if you thought elections don't matter, I hope these last two years have corrected that impression.

I'm here today because this is one of those pivotal moments when every one of us, as citizens of the United States, need to determine just who it is that we are, just what it is that we stand for.

How hard can it be to say that Nazis are bad?

They're not doing us a service by actively promoting 90% of the crazy stuff that is coming out of this White House and then saying, "Don't worry. We are preventing the other 10%".

This (Republican Party) is not what Abraham Lincoln had in mind. It's not conservative. It sure isn't normal. It's radical.

I know there are Republicans who believe the government should only perform a few minimal functions but that one of those functions should be making sure nearly 3,000 Americans don't die in a hurricane and it's aftermath.

It shouldn't be Democratic or Republican to say that we don't threaten the freedom of the press because they say things or publish stories we don't like.

Cozying up to Russia? The former head of the KGB? What happened to the Republican Party?

I thought it would have been really fun to have Obama run for congress in 2018 and become Speaker of the House.   Trump's head would have exploded.
He’s so young he’s probably gonna get bored soon. 

This is unprecedented ex-presidential behavior. I was wondering when we would hear something from O. Seems the perfect time and place at the U of I and he can hop right on board  the rising tsunami coattails of Woodwards "Fear" and the NY Times op-ed piece. 

He knows things...

...everyday more and more pours out against you know who. What could possibly be next?

Trump said Obama's speech put him to sleep... Funny when Trump speaks his lies,  deceit and derogatory remarks keeps me awake tossing and turning all night as I fail to understand how any intelligent human being can be so easily conned

If your liberal your portfolio was worth more under Obama and you pay more in taxes after the Trump tax cuts and your health insurance is more expensive cause Trump. Duh. 
My taxes are going down as I don’t itemize, no increase in my company paid health insurance, and my company gave me a $1000.00 bonus as a result of the tax cuts, so all is good.

.....Because the other alternative was the world ending so they starting printing money to create asset bubbles. Sick. 
1) You don't seem to know what "printing money" means

2) The current economy is being stimulated by massive, deficit financed, tax cuts on the wealthy while the economy is at full employment

My taxes are going down as I don’t itemize, no increase in my company paid health insurance, and my company gave me a $1000.00 bonus as a result of the tax cuts, so all is good.
Yep I’m saving $10-12k.  :hifive:

The schtick of the haters though you know. 

I posted this article in the Trump thread but I will here as well, because you guys are discussing the same topic: 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/07/how-trump-has-set-economic-growth-on-fire.html?recirc=taboolainternal

This article makes the case that Obama is wrong, and that Trump is at least partly and possibly mostly responsible for the current econonomic boom as a result of the tax cuts and regulation cuts. It’s a compelling article, at least to an economic idiot like myself. But it also warns that Trump’s methods are designed for short term gain, and the forecast long term may suffer as a result. 

1) You don't seem to know what "printing money" means

2) The current economy is being stimulated by massive, deficit financed, tax cuts on the wealthy while the economy is at full employment
The current economy is attempting to keep the asset bubble from bursting that was created during Obama’s terms to slowly drag us out of recession with artificial low rates. It has to pop at some point but Trump has done a great job so far. 

Living in Cali and owning a home I’m likely in trouble.  The 10k cap is brutal.  

I was looking for him give all credit to his "cash for clunkers" plan!

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it would have been really fun to have Obama run for congress in 2018 and become Speaker of the House.   Trump's head would have exploded.
How about michelle in the house and barry in the senate?

ETA: just want to be clear that i mean the house of representatives. Dont want to get any sjw's upset. 

Last edited by a moderator:
"Or to explicitly call on the attorney general to protect members of our own party from prosecution because an election happens to be coming up," 

*cough...TARMAC....cough"

Users who are viewing this thread