What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 weather (1 Viewer)

matttyl

Footballguy
Any issues that could affect games?  Looks like a lot of rain from the mid Atlantic down through the south east (strong around Cleveland area, with their game against Pitt), and possibly stronger storms around the Denver area for the Seattle at Denver game. 

Any local meteorologists in those areas?  Enough to maybe shy away from those QBs/WRs if you have other options?

Wind will always be my sole weather related concern. It looks like there will be 20mph winds in CLE, 15mph in BAL. This is also usually only a concern for the vertical passing game. You'll want to fade most one tricks and kickers.

Things not looking good in Cleveland Sunday High Wind and Heavy Rain. Calling for High Impact Weather event. Remnants of Tropical Storm Gordon

Wind will always be my sole weather related concern. It looks like there will be 20mph winds in CLE, 15mph in BAL. This is also usually only a concern for the vertical passing game. You'll want to fade most one tricks and kickers.
The rain could surpass 5 and get up to 7 inches in the surrounding area and even though the winds are expected to be 20 mph they could exceed 40 mph. 

Their is 'talk' that if things get so bad that the NFL could push back the game.

Weather expected to be terrible for Browns game, but what would it take to cancel it?

... this official statement from an NFL Spokesman:

As is our standard procedure, we are monitoring the forecast and will stay in close communication with the weather service and both clubs.  As per NFL policy, in the case of inclement weather, specifically lightning, the referee has the authority to determine when it is appropriate to suspend play and clear the teams from the field. The NFL Game Day Operations Center is in constant communication with the referee and the on-site NFL Football Operations representative in order to communicate forecasts and severe weather warnings. These forecasts and warnings are issued by a third-party meteorological service specifically contracted to monitor inclement weather that could affect NFL games.

... the system is heading to Cleveland to catch the game. 

"The latest data I’m seeing this morning is calling for widespread five plus inches of rain, with locally seven plus inches," according to Tanchak. "The heavy rain will start late Saturday night.  So that means all day Sunday and Sunday night we are looking at continuous heavy rain. Winds will be gusting up to 40 mph at times."
I doubt it gets moved back but it seems like game conditions will impact the game in this case.

Been on the fence with starting J. Gordon. If this forecast is indeed accurate for CLE I don't know how anyone could start him. 

40 mph winds and torrential rain isn't exactly a recipe for deep ball success. 

And it doesn't exactly encourage Hue to play Gordon more on a crappy field.

just saw the weather report - ( I live in a suburb of Cleveland) - 

seems like the storm will be generally south of the stadium and only .17 inches of rain between now and 4PM tomorrow - of course, this is is subject to change;

It was on Channel 19 - the local CBS affiliate if anyone wants to try to find the video on their website... 

The storm is definitely easing and staying more southerly.  If the front moves enough the wind should soften as well.  Not quite a zero factor but 12 more hours will be telling

just saw the weather report - ( I live in a suburb of Cleveland) - 

seems like the storm will be generally south of the stadium and only .17 inches of rain between now and 4PM tomorrow - of course, this is is subject to change;

It was on Channel 19 - the local CBS affiliate if anyone wants to try to find the video on their website... 
I'm more concerned on the winds more-so than the rain, anything on that?

I'm more concerned on the winds more-so than the rain, anything on that?
Still windy although not as bad the farther north you go. I think we will know more in the morning. 

FWIW, I live 20 miles due east of the stadium just a couple miles off the lake and we haven't had any significant wind or any rain at all thus far.... just overcast

Still windy although not as bad the farther north you go. I think we will know more in the morning. 

FWIW, I live 20 miles due east of the stadium just a couple miles off the lake and we haven't had any significant wind or any rain at all thus far.... just overcast
How is the weather in CLE now?

Debating J. Gordon of course.

I am sitting on a plane.  Sorry i cant help!! I have the same issue.

I think from all reports it will be better than expected but still not great. 

With the bad weather in CLE, both teams will stack the box and I don't see either ground game doing much either.  This may be a game to fade Conner and Hyde and go with other options.  This will be a very low scoring game. 

With the bad weather in CLE, both teams will stack the box and I don't see either ground game doing much either.  This may be a game to fade Conner and Hyde and go with other options.  This will be a very low scoring game. 
Did you read the last few posts about how the weather is not bad?

Never bench a player due to rain or snow.

Wind is the only concern, ever.

Yeah, yeah we all remember Pitt v Miami. Whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread