What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pick up James Connor? (1 Viewer)

chapie1968

Footballguy
12 team PPR. No one has grabbed Connor yet.

We can only roster 5 RBs, so I would probably have to drop Jamall Williams.  I;m thinking Aaron Jones will be the feature back by week 4 or 5 in GB.

My other RBs are Zeke, Gordon, R Freeman, Burkhead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, keep Williams.  He will split some carries once Jones gets back, but has an open audition to be lead back the first two weeks.  If connor was the guy in Pitt all season then I would take him over Williams but we just don't know how the Bell scenario turns out and when/if connor heads to the bench.  Williams will be relevant all season.

If Conner has not been picked up it doesn't matter seeing as your league is asleep.
As I said we can only roster 5 RB's so many are hesitant to drop someone for someone who may only play 1 week.

The Bell owner would have to drop Ezekler and I guess he figures he has more long term value than Connor.

As I said we can only roster 5 RB's so many are hesitant to drop someone for someone who may only play 1 week.

The Bell owner would have to drop Ezekler and I guess he figures he has more long term value than Connor.
5 x 12 = 60. There are not 60 RBs more valuable than Conner.

Its just impossible to project his future value given the uncertainty of the bell situation.  If bell continues to hold out, Connor might be the best waiver stud you could mine this season.  The opportunity and oline are that good.  But at least currently, most feel bell will come back sooner rather than later and relegate Connor to backup snaps. 

The football guy staffers, as of 9/5 season long projections, rank Conner in the 50's among backs for what its worth.  His value hinges on bells availability, if you gamble and he pays off you could hit big.  You could certainly argue that this represents the best you would hope for out of your 5th back.  For me, and I follow the packers, I'd keep Williams.  But Connor is a top 15 back as long as he plays. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread