What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need 2 replacement owners in a $40 Yahoo league (1 Viewer)

Fariq

Footballguy
Our live draft was on Wednesday night. Because I had to delay the draft by one night from Tuesday to Wednesday I was forced by Yahoo to then convert back to a free league and then reconvert to a pay league. Then three fellows didn't show for the draft and did not pay the entry fee. Yahoo then converted the league back to a free league and the seven of us who paid are annoyed. This situation can be fixed if I get two new owners. (EDIT: One of the three has agreed to pay and will retain a spot in the league.) 

The league is a very simple, offense-only, kicker-free league. There are no points per reception. The only thing really unique about is are the flex positions. (After playing in tough fantasy baseball leagues, I prefer my fantasy football leagues to be simple).

Here are the settings-

Scoring Type:Head-to-Head

Start Scoring on:Week 1

Can't Cut List Provider:None

Max Acquisitions for Entire Season:No maximum

Max Acquisitions per Week:No maximum

Max Trades for Entire SeasonNo maximum

Trade End Date:November 17, 2018

Allow Draft Pick Trades:No

Trade Review:Commissioner

Trade Reject Time:2 days

Waiver Time:2 days

Waiver Type:FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak

Weekly WaiversGame Time - Tuesday

Allow injured players from waivers or free agents to be added directly to injury slot:No

Post Draft Players:Follow Waiver Rules

Invite Sharing Tools:Enabled

Playoffs:Week 14, 15, and 16 (6 teams) Note: Week 16 runs 7 days from Dec 18 to Dec 24

Playoff Tie-Breaker:Higher seed wins

Playoff Reseeding:No

Divisions:Yes (2 divisions)

Playoff Seeding Options:Division winners awarded top playoff seeds

Lock Eliminated Teams:No

League Pickem:Yes

Roster Positions:QB, WR, WR, RB, TE, W/T, W/R/T, Q/W/R/T, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR, IR, IR, IR

Fractional Points:Yes

Negative Points:Yes

Ladd's Dandy Team
Le'Veon Bell (Pit - RB)
Davante Adams (GB - WR)
A.J. Green (Cin - WR)
T.Y. Hilton (Ind - WR)
Joe Mixon (Cin - RB)
Corey Davis (Ten - WR)
Evan Engram (NYG - TE)
Jared Goff (LAR - QB)
Lamar Miller (Hou - RB)
Kerryon Johnson (Det - RB)
Jamaal Williams (GB - RB)
Blake Bortles (Jax - QB)
Ricky Seals-Jones (Ari - TE)
Charles Clay (Buf - TE)

D'DJANGO
Alvin Kamara (NO - RB)
Michael Thomas (NO - WR)
Mike Evans (TB - WR)
Zach Ertz (Phi - TE)
Amari Cooper (Oak - WR)
Josh Gordon (Cle - WR)
Emmanuel Sanders (Den - WR)
Marcus Mariota (Ten - QB)
Rex Burkhead (NE - RB)
Chris Carson (Sea - RB)
Isaiah Crowell (NYJ - RB)
O.J. Howard (TB - TE)
Derek Carr (Oak - QB)
Kenny Golladay (Det - WR)

If you are interested in a team, then let me know which one and I will send an invite.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested.  Is Ladd's Dandy Team still available?  How many teams in the league?  What method to pay te $40?

I'm still interested but on second thought I am more interested in the One Nibble team.

How many teams in the league, what method to pay, what site hosts the league, does the league start week1 or week2?

I'm interested.  Is Ladd's Dandy Team still available?  How many teams in the league?  What method to pay te $40?
There are 10 teams. It is only 10 due to the 2-QB action. In past years, there are usually about six starting QBs available on the free agent wire.

Again, it is a very basic league beyond the "super flex" slot.

The payments are made via credit card or PayPal. As commissioner, I do not handle the money. Yahoo handles it.  

I have some errands to run, but the available teams are first come, first served. Any invites will be going out this evening at this point.

I still may hear from the three current owners, but they have been put on notice that their teams have been made available. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So you say you want it to be a simple league and yet you have it a superflex ...which is fine but if you're going to have 10 teams and a superflex you're almost going to always want to play two quarterbacks and you're going to have some teams hoarding them and then trying to gain advantage through Trading and then you have five IR spots why? Three flexes ...ones the superflex that's really not that simple of a league??? sorry to hear that your draft didn't go very well but I was going to join it when I saw the caption and then I looked into the fine print and I will respectfully pass but good luck I hope you find your teams. I would rather have one or two more bench spots instead of doing the IR thing most teams don't have them set up right then they changed the criteria as what requires out if he's doubtful does that count how long do you have to have them out for is there a minimum amount of weeks

So you say you want it to be a simple league and yet you have it a superflex ...which is fine but if you're going to have 10 teams and a superflex you're almost going to always want to play two quarterbacks and you're going to have some teams hoarding them and then trying to gain advantage through Trading and then you have five IR spots why? Three flexes ...ones the superflex that's really not that simple of a league??? sorry to hear that your draft didn't go very well but I was going to join it when I saw the caption and then I looked into the fine print and I will respectfully pass but good luck I hope you find your teams. I would rather have one or two more bench spots instead of doing the IR thing most teams don't have them set up right then they changed the criteria as what requires out if he's doubtful does that count how long do you have to have them out for is there a minimum amount of weeks
Wow

The league was run two prior years. Last year there were no IR spots. I drafted David Johnson 1st overall last year. I ended up playing a guy short the whole season until Week 14. Yahoo allows 5 IR spots. We are going with it. 

"Simple league" as in no 37-page constitution, IDPs, points per reception, fumbles counting, points for first downs, punters (I did have a league at MFL once with punters), etc.

People carried 2 or 3 QBs in the past seasons. I occasionally did not start a QB in the super flex spot.

One Nibble reclaimed his team. The other two teams are still available. All three are 1-0!

Users who are viewing this thread