What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst commercial on TV these days? (1 Viewer)

Wayfair.  Wife sings jingles like, “I can plan my room while I’m falling asleep.”  Earnest husband ventures with his version, which is the standard Wayfair jingle.  Wife says without a beat, “No, not good.”  Because men are always buffoons, and chubby housewives wear the pants and are right.  Irritates me to no end and pays constantly.  
:wub:

If we're counting radio ads, there's this Xfinity one with a kid excitedly rhyming about some deal. As soon as I hear it I scramble to change the channel it's so cringe inducing.

Any of the new Mazda commercials where they play this "epic" sounding music with an over dramatic narrator speaking in a deep voice about how legendary it is to drive a Mazda.  News alert Mazda--there is nothing legendary about driving one of your vehicles. Your cars are basically for people who were pissed that they couldn't afford a Lexus and were mad that the sales people at the Honda and Toyota dealerships wouldn't give them a good enough deal either.   You can drive those commercials right into the sun.  

Elaborate
Red Zone removes all context, emotion and engagement from the game. it is to sports what twitter is to conversation.

every NFL game is a story. watching Red Zone is like starting the book on page 39, jumping to 93 and 129.. then 143 and stopping when the book is 300 pages long.

you lose out on the push and pull of the event. you cede any ability to understand how things got the way they are. 

The “worst commercial” is the one you don’t remember from a company that has plenty of money to have made something memorable. 

If you're not using a dvr or switching channels simply muting will also do the job. Most ads are irritating because of the audio, not the video.

Diet Coke guy who's excited about getting a haircut and then people asking if he got a haircut.  Man.....when he holds his finger up for ME to wait while he takes his time glugging his Coke....I just want to bite it off and then scissor kick him in the back of the head. 

Not a horrible ad, but the navage ad on late at night on the higher channels. They are literally targeting cokeheads. I find it amusing.

ChiefD said:
The Verizon guy makes me never want to switch to Verizon. 
If that’s the guy that says “bubble trance” is a “thing”, I think I saw that about a thousand times Sunday. The douchy hipster thing makes me want to kill.

ChiefD said:
The Verizon guy makes me never want to switch to Verizon. 
If that’s the guy that says “bubble trance” is a “thing”, I think I saw that about a thousand times Sunday. The douchy hipster thing makes me want to kill.

The constant flow of Serena Williams commercials at every break of the US Open.  Hope they stop now that the Open is over.  

Any of the new Mazda commercials where they play this "epic" sounding music with an over dramatic narrator speaking in a deep voice about how legendary it is to drive a Mazda.  News alert Mazda--there is nothing legendary about driving one of your vehicles. Your cars are basically for people who were pissed that they couldn't afford a Lexus and were mad that the sales people at the Honda and Toyota dealerships wouldn't give them a good enough deal either.   You can drive those commercials right into the sun.  
UGH.  I think I posted this one in the other thread.  Not only does the deep voice guy tell you how legendary Mazda is, he's telling you in 2-to-3-word phrases only.  Mazda.  Feel... alive...

Liberty Insurance where the lady admits she side-swiped a car, then refuses to take responsibility and blames her (non-Liberty) insurance industry for raising her rates.  But Liberty doesn’t, the implication being if I were a Liberty customer I’d be picking up tabs for idiots like that.  Thankfully I’m not. 
This drives me nuts.  Why shouldn't they raise your rates after you were at fault in an accident?  The epitome of entitlement.

Users who are viewing this thread