What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm afraid to trade James Conner (1 Viewer)

Saboo

Footballguy
I'm of the mind that L.Bell has played his last meaningful game for the Steelers. Assuming that he returns for week ten it may be too late for him to play meaningful games and the Steelers may not want him to anyway. I think it's very possible that Conner takes this job and is good enough that the Steelers don't even want a player like Bell who has made it known he isn't going to go all out and put himself in physical danger unless he has a contract...Conner may be the rb to own going forward in Pittsburgh

Last edited by a moderator:
PFF had an article recently that Conner’s 2014 season was the third highest rated by them in the last three years and that it was higher than a laundry list of high profile RB’s collegiate seasons from ‘14-‘15. DeAngelo Williams was able to pace as a top 5 back at 32 last time Bell was out for a stretch. I would definitely want a nice haul if I traded Conner.

I offered conner and rivers for cam to the bell owner and he's too stubborn to do it. I'm assuming if we were to draft today and knew bell was gone for the season, conner would go late 3rd early 4th. It seems like most fantasy owners won't give anything for conner because he's a no name.

Where would you guys rank conner going forward?

I got offered Ju Ju Smith Schuster, but at best he would be my 3rd or 4th wr and I would have had to throw in John Brown or Marquise Goodwin. I think Conners upside might be to high for that deal.

I sent an offer of Conner for Theilan to the Bell owner. He hasn't answered yet. If I was in his situation, I would have accepted that because he's now starting AP and D. Freeman- who came out of the Thursday game gimpy. I'm now almost hoping he rejects it because I can't help but think Conner's value is going to get higher.

I offered conner and rivers for cam to the bell owner and he's too stubborn to do it. I'm assuming if we were to draft today and knew bell was gone for the season, conner would go late 3rd early 4th. It seems like most fantasy owners won't give anything for conner because he's a no name.

Connor will be the most value to the Bell owner just for the peace of mind of having Pittsburgh's RB for the whole season.

Non-Bell owners would have to accept a lot of risk:

1) Connor may only play 1 game if Bell decides to come back in week 2  (same concept if Bell decides to come back at some point between games 2-10)

2) Assuming Bell is the starter again when he reports, then Connor will be useless in the playoffs and late regular season games where you're trying to make the playoffs barring a Bell injury

3) Connor is unproven.  How will he perform?

4) Connor shares time with another RB. The assumption by many is that he will assume Bell's 98% snap rate or whatever it seemingly is.

Your other trade target might be McKinnon owners that drafted him as their RB2. They may be desperate.

I can't see too many teams trading for Connor unless they have a lot of depth at WR/TE/QB and need a RB for the early going e.g. Ingram owners.

I picked him up off waivers early this week, dropped paul richardson.  He's just a lottery ticket for me in a 10 team keep 3 league.  My buddy in the league owns Bell and Mckinnon so he's in dire straits and we were looking at a Conner for E Engram deal because I'm sitting with Doyle.

I offered Conner and Alfred Morris for Derrick Henry and no dice...
WTF would you offer that? 

I offered conner and rivers for cam to the bell owner and he's too stubborn to do it.
WTF wouldn’t he accept that? 

why not try to grab Bell cheap?  
This is where I’m at

My buddy in the league owns Bell and Mckinnon so he's in dire straits and we were looking at a Conner for E Engram deal because I'm sitting with Doyle.
Jesus... 

I got offered Ju Ju Smith Schuster, but at best he would be my 3rd or 4th wr and I would have had to throw in John Brown or Marquise Goodwin. I think Conners upside might be to high for that deal.
Seriously, the Conner hype train is out of control. If bell comes back in the next month you’ll be regretting this for years. You’re going to let John brown stand in the way? Conner isn’t Bell, he isn’t better than Bell, and he likely won’t produce anything like bell. Deangelo had a nice run, but he’s also a very good back in his own right. Insanity.

I offered conner and rivers for cam to the bell owner and he's too stubborn to do it.
WTF wouldn’t he accept that? 
Because Rivers is 7 years older and probably only plays a couple more seasons, while Connor starts one or two games before Bell reports.  And Cam Newton has 6 or 7 years of football in him and can win weeks with his rushing TD prowess. If redraft he might have to make a tough cut or had a suitable RB3 to wait for Bell with.  

Seriously, the Conner hype train is out of control. If bell comes back in the next month you’ll be regretting this for years. You’re going to let John brown stand in the way? Conner isn’t Bell, he isn’t better than Bell, and he likely won’t produce anything like bell. Deangelo had a nice run, but he’s also a very good back in his own right. Insanity.
Agreed. Even if Bell is done in Pitt who is to say that Jaylon Samuels doesn’t emerge at least in a timeshare or 3rd down role.

Juju is a really valuable dynasty commodity. I’m stunned someone is hesitating to give up Conner/brown to get him regardless of their current wr situation. 
Any time a players value gets this out of control it’s a great time to sell and feel good about it. I mean, I love Barkley, but the deals he was bringing this offseason were so ridiculous you’d almost have to take it simply based on the “pot odds.” Conner is an unknown in a good spot. Look at all the rookie backs who landed in good spots to be workhorses- penny, guice, Jones? Then you have the Chubb/Michel/Kerryon  guys. I mean the 2nd most valuable rb at the moment is freeman who was likely the 8th rb to go off the board in most leagues, and no games have even been played. 

Juju is a really valuable dynasty commodity. I’m stunned someone is hesitating to give up Conner/brown to get him regardless of their current wr situation. 
Maybe it’s a redraft league? I’d still do it in redraft but it would be more understandable to be hesitant there.

I have zero shares of Bell and three of Conner. All redraft. I see no need to move Conner at this point. I gave one Bell owner two decent trade offers for Bell and a deadline that was before 4 pm yesterday. He rejected both, I still have Conner and my serviceable RBs that will, barring injury, play all season. He still has Bell. At some point Bell owners are going to realize they have an expensive, useless RB and unloading to any offers before their seasons are lost is their best bet.

Dynasty league Bell owner.  I just panicked a bit and traded a 2nd round rookie and 3rd round rookie for Conner and Lynch.  I originally offered a 2nd for Conner and he came back adding Lynch and the 3rd.  Really didn't want Lynch, but I am defending champion and in a good position to make a run again this year barring injuries.  I was able to survive Elliot's suspension last year, but not sure if I could survive an extended leave of absence from Bell, so wanted to get the insurance policy.

Dynasty league Bell owner.  I just panicked a bit and traded a 2nd round rookie and 3rd round rookie for Conner and Lynch.  I originally offered a 2nd for Conner and he came back adding Lynch and the 3rd.  Really didn't want Lynch, but I am defending champion and in a good position to make a run again this year barring injuries.  I was able to survive Elliot's suspension last year, but not sure if I could survive an extended leave of absence from Bell, so wanted to get the insurance policy.
You just stole Conner.

He should go for a 1st and a 2nd at least...  Does the Connor seller think Bell is back with the Steelers next year or something?  That isn't happening.

Edit: just realized that was before the games.  Nice buy!

Redraft...Bell owner offered me choice of Engram or Kittle b/c he thinks Bell returns sooner than later (before week 6). Not sure what makes him think that will happen.

I already have Burton (weak stat line but liked his snaps/targets) so don't see the other 2 as a huge upgrade. And it's pretty clear Conner is a RB1 as long as he can handle the volume.

(Sigh, my league mates are idiots. This is why trades happen infrequently.)

I am thinking of offering the Bell owner Conner and Brandin Cooks for Michael Thomas.  I may be offering too much.

For redraft leagues, Conner owners feel they have struck gold.  The other owners know you have too, but they will downplay it when it comes to trading.  You will receive lowball offers from owners, just like I was offered Kelvin Benjamin.  They will either say Bell is coming back any day now, or Conner isn't a proven RB, or Conner will lose carries to other RB's.  Lucky for you, as you will have to start him every week and just keep winning.  And all the while, your league mates know, just as you do, that Conner will be the steal of the 2018 season.

Wow i'd trade Cam for Rivers straight up, never mind with Connor in the deal. Edit to add redraft, not Dynasty. Misread OP.

The problem with trading him in redrafts are you are probably only dealing with one team - guy who has Bell. That guy is probbaly a bit bent about losing his first pick and now has to trade more assets for the fill in. 

I’m not getting any response from getting guy in my league. Probably would have better luck trading for Bell but they will ask the moon for him.

I was just offered my Conner/Lamar  for his Hopkins.

It would leave me thin at RB but it's a PPR league with two flex (so almost always starting 4-5 WR ... if you blank on RBs it's not reallly that big of a deal if you have several high scoring WRs).

STRONGLY considering it.

I was just offered my Conner/Lamar  for his Hopkins.

It would leave me thin at RB but it's a PPR league with two flex (so almost always starting 4-5 WR ... if you blank on RBs it's not reallly that big of a deal if you have several high scoring WRs).

STRONGLY considering it.
I think Conner is this years Kamara. Get rid of him and watch him win a 'ship on someone else's roster

Users who are viewing this thread