What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tennessee at Miami game thread (1 Viewer)

Mariota doesn't look in pain, he looks confused.  LOoking at hand like "what's going on?"

Now he's throwing on sideline

So thus far it's Henry first Q, Lewis second Q, and Henry third Q. Way to creatively mix it up.

Edit and I didn't think either back looked good. Lewis had a series that begin with a Lewan penalty and was 1st and a gazillion that he had a few runs on. Dolphins were giving up runs on purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
First down 3-4 gave up five

Second, 4-3, gave up 2.5

Third, 4-3 with creeper fifth, stuffed the runner.

This is not rocket science Pees. Get rid of the 3-4

Lewis 2 TE for four yards (actually alternating)

Henry and a FB Stocker, with a TE, totally looked like a run left, but nope Mariota play action pass and...overthrew it right to a Dolphin. Very nice play call

Fight after return of INT

That's some exotic smashmouth by an OC with a clue, that would be good for these guys to get them rolling

He can't NOT be ejected. You can't read the rule and not eject him, can't punish later on and let this go....all that type stuff

The funny thing is if they didn't do the point-of-emphasis rule change on blindside blocks last year... that's a legal play.

EDIT: Wow how is he not ejected? THEY CALLED NO PENALTY ON HIM!!!!

I don't blame him but what a bitter shot to show defensive coach firing up the DL to get ready for an O without Conklin and now Lewan.

I'd pull Mariota. No way I want him playing behind a line without Conklin and Lewan with an already sore throwing hand

I did not know Spain and now Woodyard's injury were a finger to the eye. Are the Fins dirty today or what?

Twitter suggestions I could roll with- if endzone celebrations were fined and penalized for years, why not penalize Fins players for celebrating Lewan being unconscious.

Two eye gouging, flagrant hit on Lewan, late hit on Mariota, late hit on Henry, half of a very brief brawl- coach should be suspended next week. I'm not 100% here. It'd have to be clarified but I could probably roll with creating some rule if X number of players do some junk, the coach gets held responsible too.

Twitter suggestions I could roll with- if endzone celebrations were fined and penalized for years, why not penalize Fins players for celebrating Lewan being unconscious.

Two eye gouging, flagrant hit on Lewan, late hit on Mariota, late hit on Henry, half of a very brief brawl- coach should be suspended next week. I'm not 100% here. It'd have to be clarified but I could probably roll with creating some rule if X number of players do some junk, the coach gets held responsible too.
Too bad Suh is'nt around anymore to show them how to clean it up. Must be all the electricity in the air.

"Conklin should be allowed to be activated off inactive list" I could go with that too

Season tix were always a good investment. Especially if GB or Chi were coming to town. I am definitely shorting NFL tix in the weather belt these days.

My brain doesn't work like this. It ends after three hours, maybe three and a half. From draftkings lineups, to chores, to sunday stuff...I am all mixed up

Any idea when they might continue playing?
No because the weather radar shows a large red rain section surrounded by the usual green rain section. Everything seems like they're talking about little league and not men playing football. Not sure if it's my crabbiness or genuine though

No because the weather radar shows a large red rain section surrounded by the usual green rain section. Everything seems like they're talking about little league and not men playing football. Not sure if it's my crabbiness or genuine though
:lmao:

I feel ya man.

So what happens if the weather continues delaying for an extended time tonight? I know it happens fairly frequently in baseball, but are there precedents for NFL games interrupted mid-game like this, if it can't be finished?

Would they reschedule (from the start, or pick up at the current time/score), call it at the current score as a Dolphins win? Something else?

I really wonder if Titans ownership or moustache hasn't been on the phone with the NFL and refs in NYC. Former coach Jeff Fisher used to be head of the competition committee too. Kenneth Adams IV (part owner) is a lawyer that has worked for the NFL. They know who to call to see if they can't get Branch ejected. 

We always say things like can't go back in time, the game carries forward....well it's not right now

So what happens if the weather continues delaying for an extended time tonight? I know it happens fairly frequently in baseball, but are there precedents for NFL games interrupted mid-game like this, if it can't be finished?

Would they reschedule (from the start, or pick up at the current time/score), call it at the current score as a Dolphins win? Something else?
As I understand it, it would be a tie. If it was called before halftime, they would play it-make it up

After the hurricane in 2017 and this in 2018, I am predicting a lot more road-road start of Dolphin seasons from the NFL scheduling office.  

>>Those asking for a new start time for @Titans and @MiamiDolphins

. It's sounding like Wednesday at 2:47

4:52 PM · Sep 9, 2018<<

What???

Users who are viewing this thread