What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 waiver thread (2 Viewers)

I am eyeing Enunwa as well, but I think his value takes a hit when Kearse is healthy and back on the field. 

Really struggling with the second waiver slot in a 14-teamer. I have two expendable roster spaces, and I can't decide whether to burn it to try and get Enunwa or Brandon Marshall to fill ni for ailing Baldwin and Goodwin, or for Lindsay for depth in case Fournette continues to ail (Yeldon is rostered by another owner).

And actually toying with picking up Kittle with that first pick and carrying him along with Rudolph (already on my squad) to then try to deal to either the Olsen or Walker owner. There are other TEs on the wire (Cook, Ebron, ASJ, RSJ) but I have to think Kittle or Rudolph are better options than any of those four, and I can hope for some WR depth elsewhere (Ryan Grant, Ginn, Pettis).

Any thoughts out there?
Kittle on the wire? Absolutely. 

Same here. I have a few open roster spots myself with the usual suspects on ww and can't get real excited about any of them.

I put a few bids in then cancelled them. I'm going to wake up in the morning and see what I can get for free this week screw it
I think that's smart if there aren't any no-brainers. Week 1 is the best shot at value dropping on the wire

Me, I think I need to make a move as my WRs are desperately thin (Baldwin, Cooper, and Goodwin, with only Golladay in reserve), and while the news on Fournette is positive, hammys linger for RBs (and especially for those that get 25+ carries/game) and Lindsay feels like he may be a wire steal that pans out to be gold long term in a PPR. 

Then there's the benefit of scooping Kittle and both playing keep-away from owners in need in a TE-thin year.

Dammit.

(imho) That may suck because some could be voting for such things as garbage stats...  

Hard to say whose that bad/good this early (for example) Chance Coach's opt to let rookies see some designed plays to get an early taste for success in the NFL while other HC's may hope to see earned playtime period while showing respect for veteran players  No way to know if its a vote based on both talent n' real potential  Copy/Paste w/ corresponding edit and other additional comments may be more helpful until we all somewhat agree on a perceived value  ex.  DaBears D truly ferocious or atrocious  A customer had me thinking Bears were SB bound and they wound up losing the game

Agree.  These threads are good because of the context they provide.  A list of players does absolutely nothing for me.

I think that's smart if there aren't any no-brainers. Week 1 is the best shot at value dropping on the wire

Me, I think I need to make a move as my WRs are desperately thin (Baldwin, Cooper, and Goodwin, with only Golladay in reserve), and while the news on Fournette is positive, hammys linger for RBs (and especially for those that get 25+ carries/game) and Lindsay feels like he may be a wire steal that pans out to be gold long term in a PPR. 

Then there's the benefit of scooping Kittle and both playing keep-away from owners in need in a TE-thin year.

Dammit.
I’m really torn in Enunwa vs Lindsay with #2. I’m almost positive #1 fades this week.

I have RB depth and my two starters at WR are Hogan and Davis so I’m putting in for Enunwa. I wouldn’t be surprised if I make the wrong decision here, Lindsay looks like he’s a good position to make a splash. 

I’m really torn in Enunwa vs Lindsay with #2. I’m almost positive #1 fades this week.

I have RB depth and my two starters at WR are Hogan and Davis so I’m putting in for Enunwa. I wouldn’t be surprised if I make the wrong decision here, Lindsay looks like he’s a good position to make a splash. 
I like Enunwa. He has the potential to be a ppr machine if he stays Darnold’s first look. Lindsay will never be the bellcow, but could serve as good flex spot starts ala Ekeler, Riddick, etc. 

If you have RB depth, and are comfortable that it gives you startable options in a flex, Enunwa sounds like the move, even if Lindsay turns into a dependable flex/RB2 upside. As good as he can be, he will split time in that backfield. 

Who is your RB depth? 

I like Enunwa. He has the potential to be a ppr machine if he stays Darnold’s first look. Lindsay will never be the bellcow, but could serve as good flex spot starts ala Ekeler, Riddick, etc. 
Agree, but is no one nervous about Kearse's impact on Enunwa's upside when he returns? Haven't heard how bad his abdominal issues truly were or when the return timetable was, but Kearse put in limited practices leading up to the game so seems like it could be soon.

Agree, but is no one nervous about Kearse's impact on Enunwa's upside when he returns? Haven't heard how bad his abdominal issues truly were or when the return timetable was, but Kearse put in limited practices leading up to the game so seems like it could be soon.
I think Kearse will affect Andersen more than Enunwa. 

On Sunday, there weren’t many positive takeaways for the San Francisco 49ers offense, albeit against a stout Minnesota Vikings defense. However, the second-year tight end takes home the gold medal for the most positive aspect of the 49ers’ Week 1 offensive performance.

With the Niners’ No. 1 receiver, Marquise Goodwin, battling a quadriceps contusion for the better part of the game, Kittle thrived.

Kittle finished with nine targets and five catches for 90 yards on a day when quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo threw for only 261 yards against a ferocious defense.

It’s hard to believe, but Kittle could have had an even better, more monstrous day against the Vikes. If not for a few unlucky breaks, such as a dropped ball on a wide-open deep pass that could have gone 60-plus yards and an overthrown pass in the end zone just off his fingertips, Kittle could have legitimately had 200 receiving yards and two touchdowns.

That’s right.

If you didn’t watch the whole 49ers game, this didn’t show up on the box score and may have easily slipped past you.

https://ninernoise.com/2018/09/10/fantasy-football-49ers-george-kittle-show-upon-us/

Snead/Brown (Ravens) Allison (Packers) to list a few not posted recently...  I must say I like Lindsay possibly the best but it comes w/ a caveat  Goal in football is to hit the hardest to absorb less of the impact  My man is gonna take some hits!  It might be something to consider when deciding to opt for Enunwa

If you have RB depth, and are comfortable that it gives you startable options in a flex, Enunwa sounds like the move, even if Lindsay turns into a dependable flex/RB2 upside. As good as he can be, he will split time in that backfield. 

Who is your RB depth? 
Collins / Barber / Ingram. Gordon and Howard starting. Currently flexing Collins. I went RB heavy and Hogan ended up being my WR1.

I have RAnderson and Watkins as WR depth, with Anderson on the chopping  block. As I type this out, it becomes more apparent that Enunwa is sort of a no brainer in my situation lol. I just can’t stop wanting to hoard RBs. 

On the other hand, I can maybe trade one of my RBs for a better WR than Enunwa if Lindsay does well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Collins / Barber / Ingram. Gordon and Howard starting. I went RB heavy and Hogan ended up being my WR1.

I have RAnderson and Watkins as WR depth, with Anderson on the chopping  block. As I type this out, it becomes more apparent that Enunwa is sort of a no brained in my situation lol. I just can’t stop wanting to hoard RBs. 

On the other hand, I can maybe trade one of my RBs for a better WR than Enunwa if Lindsay does well. 
Wow, leave some backs for the other guys! With those 5 backs you have zero need for Lindsay compared to your WR needs, and even if Lindsay hits big I think the guys you have rostered are all way preferable and no-brainer starters.

And to your point, you should look to deal one of those backs for even more WR depth -- you can likely get a WR return far better than Enunwa. 

Wow, leave some backs for the other guys! With those 5 backs you have zero need for Lindsay compared to your WR needs, and even if Lindsay hits big I think the guys you have rostered are all way preferable and no-brainer starters.

And to your point, you should look to deal one of those backs for even more WR depth -- you can likely get a WR return far better than Enunwa. 
Thank for knocking some sense into me haha. I'm happy with my stable of backs, I guess the depth guys all kinda underperformed (Ingram especially) this week, so I got some yips.

Because of that though, it looks like I'll have to hold out on making any trades this week but I"ll probably toss some feelers out. 

In PPR I'm not going after Lindsay but will go after Hines where available since he's cheaper and I like the way he was utilized. 
Interesting, tell me more. Your spreadsheet has a higher utilization % for Lindsay -- I need to understand your phenomenal work in that spreadsheet better. Is the combined tab the Rosetta Stone that creates the best picture of an all-up aggregate value (snaps and utilization)?

Despite going undrafted, Phillip Lindsay proved to be a priority waiver wire target after Week 1. He had 47.2% of RB touches in their game against the Seahawks. Royce Freeman and Lindsay each had 15 carries for 71 yards. Lindsay also caught 2 of his 3 targets for 31 yards and a score.

I expect Lindsay to continue to get work going forward even with Royce Freeman in the fold. The Broncos are a good team that should have plenty of opportunities to run the ball.

http://www.fakepigskin.com/2018/09/11/workin-the-wire-week-1-waiver-wire/

Thank for knocking some sense into me haha. I'm happy with my stable of backs, I guess the depth guys all kinda underperformed (Ingram especially) this week, so I got some yips.

Because of that though, it looks like I'll have to hold out on making any trades this week but I"ll probably toss some feelers out. 
Ingram is suspended for the first 4 weeks, so yes, he's going to underperform until he's actually back on the field.  ;)

When he does return, I expect him to be a big contributor like he was last year, but he might be the most interesting to deal right now given that his value is more unknown than the other backs with 1 game under their belt for all to see.

Interesting, tell me more. Your spreadsheet has a higher utilization % for Lindsay -- I need to understand your phenomenal work in that spreadsheet better. Is the combined tab the Rosetta Stone that creates the best picture of an all-up aggregate value (snaps and utilization)?
The "combined" tab just allows you see a player's utilization, snap percentage and target share side by side for the week, I'm hoping it helps with context. In PPR target share is probably what I'm most interested in and Hines' 17% is good for 13th most amongst RBs on the week. Maybe it was the gameplan vs. SEA but DEN didn't really target their RBs in that game (Lindsay 3 targets, Booker 2, Freeman 0). I don't know if that the trend will continue, I don't feel comfortable treating anything as fact until the end of the month.

But Hines was essentially featured in the screen game vs. CIN and Wilkins didn't really impress me. We don't have any evidence that Mack can handle even a moderate workload and I see Hines carving out a pretty distinct role in the offense regardless. Hines is just your prototypical COP back and Luck is dinking and dunking like Chad Pennington in his prime. It's PPR gold.

The "combined" tab just allows you see a player's utilization, snap percentage and target share side by side for the week, I'm hoping it helps with context. In PPR target share is probably what I'm most interested in and Hines' 17% is good for 13th most amongst RBs on the week. Maybe it was the gameplan vs. SEA but DEN didn't really target their RBs in that game (Lindsay 3 targets, Booker 2, Freeman 0). I don't know if that the trend will continue, I don't feel comfortable treating anything as fact until the end of the month.

But Hines was essentially featured in the screen game vs. CIN and Wilkins didn't really impress me. We don't have any evidence that Mack can handle even a moderate workload and I see Hines carving out a pretty distinct role in the offense regardless. Hines is just your prototypical COP back and Luck is dinking and dunking like Chad Pennington in his prime. It's PPR gold.
Great added insight, thanks. I would worry that Mack's return simply means that Hines' touches take a slight hit, but you are right that Hines' role remains and it's Wilkins who suffers more from Mack being healthy as they have similar roles. And in PPR, you need the targets.

Great added insight, thanks. I would worry that Mack's return simply means that Hines' touches take a slight hit, but you are right that Hines' role remains and it's Wilkins who suffers more from Mack being healthy as they have similar roles. And in PPR, you need the targets.
Yeah, to be clear I would add Lindsay over Hines if the cost of acquiring them was equal but I don't see myself spending any of my FAAB/fighting over anyone this week.

Collins / Barber / Ingram. Gordon and Howard starting. Currently flexing Collins. I went RB heavy and Hogan ended up being my WR1.

I have RAnderson and Watkins as WR depth, with Anderson on the chopping  block. As I type this out, it becomes more apparent that Enunwa is sort of a no brainer in my situation lol. I just can’t stop wanting to hoard RBs. 

This is an intervention. You need a WR. Will you get in the van with us?

Would it be crazy to roll with 2x DST's by adding CHI this week?

Not to get too much into my team, but I currently have DEN & CHI's D looks filthy with the addition of Mack

Would you guys drop Tarik Cohen for Lindsey or Yeldon? 

Cohen had similar # of snaps Lindsey.
Absolutely not in PPR. No in standard as well though it's closer.

Howard will remain a force, but Cohen is more versatile and we've seen how he can contribute reliably. A little more risk with Lindsey as while he looks to be the real deal, we've only seen it in real games once, and in Week 1 to boot.

The deciding factor for me is that I think Cohen will rank higher in total points. 

But I will admit that if Lindsay continues to perform at this level, there won't be that much separation between the two.

Thought's on Jakeem Grant from Miami? was 2nd in targets and does both KR and PR for those in return yardage leagues
I don't think any of us know much about him. From the game we can say a) he's fast, b) he plays on special teams, c) he got a lot of targets - this week.

But until I saw that repeated for at least another week, maybe 2, I can't get excited.  But in return yardage leagues he certainly becomes a possibility.

PPR

Hines or Buck Allen?
I kind of hate myself for saying this but Allen. Because on top of getting work in the passing game, he gets work in the RZ. The truth is Allen is undervalued now and will go underappreciated in fantasy circles until he retires because he kind of sucks. 

Lindsay is going to be a PPR beast, don't let week 1 fool you.  Von Miller was saying in training camp that he was unguaradable out of the backfield and that he was going to force his way on to the field.  He was already right about the 2nd part, the first will come in time.

I kind of hate myself for saying this but Allen. Because on top of getting work in the passing game, he gets work in the RZ. The truth is Allen is undervalued now and will go underappreciated in fantasy circles until he retires because he kind of sucks. 
I didn’t think it was possible to describe a player “under appreciated” and “kind of sucks” in the same sentence.

Absolutely not in PPR. No in standard as well though it's closer.

Howard will remain a force, but Cohen is more versatile and we've seen how he can contribute reliably. A little more risk with Lindsey as while he looks to be the real deal, we've only seen it in real games once, and in Week 1 to boot.

The deciding factor for me is that I think Cohen will rank higher in total points. 

But I will admit that if Lindsay continues to perform at this level, there won't be that much separation between the two.
If Lindsay continues to perform at this level there will be a LOT of separation between the two.

Lindsay just had 17 touches and 18 fantasy points.  Cohen has never had 17 touches and hasn't had 18 fantasy points since his first game.

I didn’t think it was possible to describe a player “under appreciated” and “kind of sucks” in the same sentence.
:lmao:

He does suck as a runner. He's been as efficient on the ground as Gore since coming into the league.

But he has good hands, is leaned on on 3rd downs/in the hurry up and also randomly gets GL touches. In a super deep league last year I was decimated by injuries and had to lean on him for longer than I would've liked but laughed my ### off when he dropped 20 burgers on my opponents. It was absurd.

In fantasy, someone can both suck and be valuable at the same time. Remember Matt Asiata?

What the heck, I'll throw this out there for some thoughts .............. lost not one but BOTH TE's on one team this week [Walker & Olsen]. Already snagged Will Dissly; here's whose left to take the other slot - J. James [may have to contend w/ Vance McDonald], Nick Boyle [not sure what other TE options there really are in BAL], or Ian Thomas, Olsen's replacement, who is a rookie. Thoughts? Anyone else that I should look at? PPR league with 12 teams & includes 2 flex positions [1 WR/TE, the other WR/RB] so the talent pool on the FA wire isn't overly deep. 

If Lindsay continues to perform at this level there will be a LOT of separation between the two.

Lindsay just had 17 touches and 18 fantasy points. Cohen has never had 17 touches and hasn't had 18 fantasy points since his first game.
This is a good point. But he weighs 184 pounds. I remember this after doing some research on Breida after McKinnon went down but only one RB (Mack Herron in 1974) with Linday's measurables has ever come close to totaling Linsday's current pace (240 attempts). Cohen is oddly 4th with 87 carries.

Is this type of utilization realistic to expect moving forward? I feel like it isn't but who knows he can be a huge outlier.

Edit: I just realized I should buy low on Freeman. 

I was real high on Ryan Grant to start the season. I had him last year when in Washington and he actually had some respectable games. And he’s now the #2 in Indy with a healthy Luck throwing him the ball? Yes please. Was planning on drafting him late in most leagues. Then preseason happened. And the word out of camp was less than optimistic. BUT I’M BACK ON HIM. When essentially I could have drafted him for nothing now I’m forced to pay for him. Meh. 

So far Grant, Lindsay and Hines are the only guys I have bids out for across 7 leagues. And Hines is another one - loved him pre-camp, word out of camp not so good, now I’M BACK ON. 

:ph34r:

Three Yahoo waiver wire bids have run. So far Lindsay has gone for 67%, 57%, 55%, and 33%.
I added him as a fcfs like an hour before the season started, I may just try to flip him. 

Hahaha... sentimental value, I guess. I got Dak off the WW his rookie year in a keeper league. Was kind of proud of myself at the time.

Fast forward to now, though...

:kicksrock:
I was also a proud dak owner in two leagues. I moved on early in the offseason, got mahomes in one league straight up and a couple 3rds in another. Good roi. 

Lost out on Lindsay by $1 but got Ekeler for a little cheaper. I was being cheeky by bidding $21. Winner was cheekier bidding $22. :|

Users who are viewing this thread