What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel week 2 (1 Viewer)

Haven't looked too deep at players, but glancing at DL vs OL,  Wash DT looks like a good value this week.  

Also, the 2nd rb in Denver is a bargin at 4.7k.  Was going to read up more on him, and see if the work share looks to be the same going forward.  

Give me all the SF rbs this week. My first run at a milly maker lineup had both breida and Morris.

The early game I had on cable was Min/SF. The run game looked good, Garappolo was just a turn over machine so nothing ever got going. Injurys also resulted in  their third string right guard playing most of the game. Against a weaker Det rush defense, at home, and without the Jimmy G F-ups I could see both rbs going for over 100 with a TD. Marquis Goodwin was hurt in that game too. I expect Breida to soak up some of those targets next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Give me all the SF rbs this week. My first run at a milly maker lineup had both breida and Morris.

The early game I had on cable was Min/SF. The run game looked good, Garappolo was just a turn over machine so nothing ever got going. Injurys also resulted in  their third string right guard playing most of the game. Against a weaker Det rush defense, at home, and without the Jimmy G F-ups I could see both rbs going for over 100 with a TD. Marquis Goodwin was hurt in that game too. I expect Breida to soak up some of those targets next week.
I thought of putting both SD backs in the same lineup for similar reasons. 

I like the jimmy/kittle stack. He’ll have all day to throw, cozy home matchup vs a team that has been earful vs tes the last few years. Hard not to play kamara imo, another juicy matchup after Conner rumbled for a buck thirty. Speaking of whom, I like him again this week for $7k. I’ll take some cheap WRs that seemed to be targeted a lot week one on golladay and enunwa. I think Antonio Brown will get good Ben at home and want to show he’s better than reek, so I’m playing him. Reek is too much of a bargain not to play, so fire him up. Atlanta’s defense at home vs a shaky panthers oline may be a nice cheap option. So there’s my lineup and reasoning and I fit it all in the budget.

I started by looking at targets/carries/RZ looks/% of team totals to try to find some cheaper guys.  I figured we know the studs, but maybe we could mine some cheaper guys for gpps?

RB (50%+ of the teams carries, at least 2 RZ carries first week, and under 7K):

Mixon, , J.Wilkins, A.Peterson, L.Miller, P.Barber, Ajayi, T.Coleman, Cook

Just looking at RZ touches, A.Morris and Crowell could be looked into as well.  

WR:  (25%+ team targets, at least 8 targets, at least one RZ target, and under 7K)

Enunwa, Landry, C.Davis, Kupp, Woods.

TE I think I am just looking at high targets and RZ targets:

2+ RZ targets:  R.Griffin, Hooper, Reed, Kittle, Doyle

6+ Targets:  Cook, Ertz, Doyle, Kittle, Gronk, Njoku, Kelce, Boyle, Burton, Seals-Jones.  

:shrug:    I think I am going to cross reference this list with D stats to maybe narrow the list down.  

Desean Jackson should be out this week which will make Godwin a great gpp play. He hasn't had a dud yet when Jackson's been out of the lineup.

In that same game, Nelson Agholor is another awesome discount play. He gets a cake matchup against Tampa's slot corner, he's a full 1/10 of a second faster in the 40, and Philly targeted him pretty heavily last week.

Desean Jackson should be out this week which will make Godwin a great gpp play. He hasn't had a dud yet when Jackson's been out of the lineup.

In that same game, Nelson Agholor is another awesome discount play. He gets a cake matchup against Tampa's slot corner, he's a full 1/10 of a second faster in the 40, and Philly targeted him pretty heavily last week.

Definitely targeting this game for GPP's. 

I’m all over Tyrod/Landry stack this week.  Not sure if anyone watched the NO game besides the highlights but wow, that defense really made a star out of Fitz and I have a strong inkling they’ll do the same with Tyrod on Sunday.

First glance at Gpp 

Qb- T. Taylor

Rb- Kamara, Conner

Wr- Landry, Godwin, Agholor

Te-Kittle

Flex- Gurley

Def- 49ers

May switch out Agholor for a higher priced wr and go with a lower priced rb at flex. Thoughts?

Tyrod looks tasty but I'm looking for other options.  Keep circling back around to Keenun / Sanders connection.  Sanders could be the best WR in Denver and Keenun is playing with a chip on his shoulder after getting the boot for Cousins.

First glance at Gpp 

Qb- T. Taylor

Rb- Kamara, Conner

Te-Kittle

Flex- Gurley

Def- 49ers

May switch out Agholor for a higher priced wr and go with a lower priced rb at flex. Thoughts?
Have almost the same lineup except I have Keenum,M Gordon,Sanders and chargers D and no Kamara or Landry

First glance at Gpp 

Qb- T. Taylor

Rb- Kamara, Conner

Te-Kittle

Flex- Gurley

Def- 49ers

My first thought was that it looked like a cash LU.  But last week the chalk went off, so :shrug:

I did pretty bad the first week so we'll see if I can bounce back

First glance at some value plays - Listed in order of price

WR's:  Nelson Agholor, Josh Gordon, Jamison Crowder, Allen Robinson, Kennedy Golladay, Quincy Enunwa, Chris Godwin, Dante Pettis

Quick couple notes.  Agholor in the slot, pepperred with targets against Tampa D.  Josh Gordon against Saints that were torched by everyone on the Bucc's.  Big play guy rather than the safe bet in Landry.  Crowder against Colts' soft defense, seems chalk for cash (same with Alex Smith).  Arob was the #1 for Biscuit man and I feel like they showed well enough to feel optimistic about what they're going to show the rest of the season.  Golladay, dare I say is already the #1 WR?  Enunwa, picked up where he left off, seems like a security blanket and he's cheap.  Easy points.  Godwin without Djax seems like a no brainer with Evans taking coverage.  **Sidenote is I think OJ Howard could be a great pivot in GPP** Lastly Dante Pettis without Goodwin might be the big play guy again sneaky GPP that I think will be lowly owned.  

RB's:  TJ Yeldon (if no Fournette), Adrian Peterson, Tevin Coleman, Dion Lewis, Isaiah Crowell, Javorious Allen, Royce Freeman

Notes:  Yeldon is the obvious one with no Fournette.  Although it is against New England.  I'm picking on the Colts this week I feel.  AP is primed for a TD again, safe floor.  Coleman if no Freeman but it doesn't sound serious so keep an eye out.  Dion Lewis looked like the real feature back.  Maybe it's my hate for Henry, but again need to monitor this one if no Mariota.  Crowell got good work in that game, favored by the long TD but Powell is there.  Crowell was used heavily in RZ though.  Allen isn't going away for those Collins owners.  Dixon got hurt and that seems like a time share, although you have to use him for Thursday game, which I'd favor away from personally.  Freeman didn't run wild but I feel like he'll get a more solid grasp on that job the further down the season we go.  This one isn't based off anything other than he did well even though he basically split time with Lindsay.  

Not going to dive into TE's or QB's as I think those are mostly streaming options and it's more of a "pick your flavor" type.  

****ETA - I was looking at draftkings prices for these so Fanduel might be slightly different.  My bad.  Not going to change the order or anything though.  

Thoughts on Thompson at RB in gpp? I like him against Indy.

I also am having a hard time picking between Godwin, Sanders, Agholor, Landry and Gordon at Wr

I haven't studied it enough to make a judgement.  What's your opinion based on?
I seen Best H-Value player + player B projected less than player C + player D projection.  Obviously you don't want all the best value players if doesn't maximize your lineup score.  H-value prevents that.  Hasn't been as much of an issue lately as the best value players have also been the most expensive.

And even if Foles does suck again you know Agholor will get 10 catches to go with his 40 yards so his floor is around 9 points.

I have done it before with the Pats, but do you guys think there is any value using 2 RBs on the same team this week for a gpp dart?  Has to be 2 cheap guys - I keep staring at C.Thompson and AP as a possible combo.  I figure that would be a pretty low owned LU build.  

Also keep looking at what a TE in the flex would look like.  

Here is a 2 TE LU I just threw together:  Jimmy G - AP - D.Johnson - Brown - T.Hill - Gordon - Kittle - Cook - Wash.  

I want to put Tyrod in for cash, but I probably should know better right?  But then again he runs a lot so his fantasy value is rather high right?  But then again he sucks at throwing the ball right?  

idk what to do with him.  

Most of my cash lineups right now have Alex Smith with some version of Melvin G, Conner, Sanders, Enunwa, Kittle AB, AP.  I feel like I'm putting too much faith in Alex Smith to not screw it up though which is why I was looking at Tyrod. 

I want to put Tyrod in for cash, but I probably should know better right?  But then again he runs a lot so his fantasy value is rather high right?  But then again he sucks at throwing the ball right?  

idk what to do with him.  

Most of my cash lineups right now have Alex Smith with some version of Melvin G, Conner, Sanders, Enunwa, Kittle AB, AP.  I feel like I'm putting too much faith in Alex Smith to not screw it up though which is why I was looking at Tyrod. 
Never thought I would say it, but I am kind of missing PK for cash games.  The flex put the focus on starting 3 RBs, so that means we are probably starting QBs that make you want to barf as you click the button next to their name to fit in those RBs.   I miss least year when I could start Brady or Brees and feel decent about my chances in cash with the rest of my roster.  

KarmaPolice said:
Never thought I would say it, but I am kind of missing PK for cash games.  The flex put the focus on starting 3 RBs, so that means we are probably starting QBs that make you want to barf as you click the button next to their name to fit in those RBs.   I miss least year when I could start Brady or Brees and feel decent about my chances in cash with the rest of my roster.  
I was actually a fan of using PK. The only one I think. Data showed they were no less predictable than most positions and DST too.

I was actually a fan of using PK. The only one I think. Data showed they were no less predictable than most positions and DST too.
I came around on them last year.  It was a good way to get a very low owned player in there for gpps, and after I read the article I referred to last week, I started using the PK-DT combo as well, and that helped me select some decent plays.  

I get that FD is still not ppr, but now it feels a bit too much like DK where you basically have to get 3 RBs in there for cash.  Arguably DK gives you more options in the flex because of the ppr format, especially for gpps.  

It's only 1 week, and the chalk destroyed last week, so maybe scores will come back to earth a little bit and other strategies will present themselves.  

I came around on them last year.  It was a good way to get a very low owned player in there for gpps, and after I read the article I referred to last week, I started using the PK-DT combo as well, and that helped me select some decent plays.  

I get that FD is still not ppr, but now it feels a bit too much like DK where you basically have to get 3 RBs in there for cash.  Arguably DK gives you more options in the flex because of the ppr format, especially for gpps.  

It's only 1 week, and the chalk destroyed last week, so maybe scores will come back to earth a little bit and other strategies will present themselves.  
I hope so.  I only piddled in week 1 because I was out of town with my kids for a long weekend at the beach with my extended family.  Really the only thing I did was put together a quick place holder in about a half-dozen contests, then completely forget about it until shortly after kick-off of the Sunday early games.  If I can get everything caught back up at work and around the house, I intend to ramp it up this week.

Any thoughts on Jets vs Redskins since they are same favorable price ($3700)? I don't expect a repeat from the Jets, but they should have positive momentum going into home opener, while the Dolphins are coming off that seven hour marathon game. Or, since I'm in the area, could just  be brainwashed by local sports talk.  :unsure:

Cas LU to start: QB/ A. Smith, RB/ Peterson - Conner, WR/ A. Brown - J. Landry - E. Sanders, TE/ Kittle, FLEX/ L. Miller, DEF/ LAC.

Line-up Optimizer gives it 132 points. 

Cas LU to start: QB/ A. Smith, RB/ Peterson - Conner, WR/ A. Brown - J. Landry - E. Sanders, TE/ Kittle, FLEX/ L. Miller, DEF/ LAC.

Line-up Optimizer gives it 132 points. 
I like it. 

It's a free site and info, so I will post it here.  It looks like optimizing RGs lineup builder spit this out: 

T.Taylor - Gordon/Cook - AB/Julio/Enunwa - I.Thomas - Kamara - TB

With their projections it was at about 133pts.  

Any thoughts on Jets vs Redskins since they are same favorable price ($3700)? I don't expect a repeat from the Jets, but they should have positive momentum going into home opener, while the Dolphins are coming off that seven hour marathon game. Or, since I'm in the area, could just  be brainwashed by local sports talk.  :unsure:
I’m leaning Jets. Titans defense is nothing special right now. I know it was an odd game, but any self respecting team should be able to score on the Titans at home right now. Miami couldn’t. 

More power too you guys on A Smith. I still smarting from all the lineups he’s torpedoed over the years when he had much better weapons

I have done it before with the Pats, but do you guys think there is any value using 2 RBs on the same team this week for a gpp dart?  Has to be 2 cheap guys - I keep staring at C.Thompson and AP as a possible combo.  I figure that would be a pretty low owned LU build.  

Also keep looking at what a TE in the flex would look like.  

Here is a 2 TE LU I just threw together:  Jimmy G - AP - D.Johnson - Brown - T.Hill - Gordon - Kittle - Cook - Wash.  
Re: 2 TEs

Dodds has two TEs valued at 18 or above and 21 rbs   So your going to give FD 17-19% juice to pick a flex that’s projected to be inferior to 21 other players?  Won’t say it will never work but the math says you’d have more fun taking a match to your dollar bills   If this is a fun lottery ticket enterprise then ignore what I said  

Won $19 tonite on the two tickets I won. It’s that stupid single game I hate, but can be exploit if you’re grinding

Re: 2 TEs

Dodds has two TEs valued at 18 or above and 21 rbs   So your going to give FD 17-19% juice to pick a flex that’s projected to be inferior to 21 other players?  Won’t say it will never work but the math says you’d have more fun taking a match to your dollar bills   If this is a fun lottery ticket enterprise then ignore what I said  
Fair enough.  After I posted that and thought about it more, I think the ppr and pricing of DK make that pay off for certain weeks, but not sure FD is the place to do it except for gpp shots in huge gpps like that 25cent one where you have to beat 500K+ entries.    Maybe more viable as prices of players go up?

I think I am just rebelling a little bit over the idea of probably HAVING to start a RB in the flex week in and week out because of the scoring and format.  If that's the case, what was the point of adding the flex?  

Fair enough.  After I posted that and thought about it more, I think the ppr and pricing of DK make that pay off for certain weeks, but not sure FD is the place to do it except for gpp shots in huge gpps like that 25cent one where you have to beat 500K+ entries.    Maybe more viable as prices of players go up?

I think I am just rebelling a little bit over the idea of probably HAVING to start a RB in the flex week in and week out because of the scoring and format.  If that's the case, what was the point of adding the flex?  
I guess to get people to stop hitching about kickers?  As long as the rbs are underpriced they may have well as added a 3rd rb

im not trying to be be rude to you, just a light hearted attempt at some strategy discussion 

For cash and cash+ this week I'm all in on Keenum,M Gordon,Sanders,Kittle and Brown if Ben plays.

Doing a few .25 gpps and some SE $1/$2. A hopefully low owned stack I like here is Watson,Hopkins,Miller

Just threw this lineup in a free contest to test the waters.  If I stew on it a little, might try to cash in a GPP with it.

Brady, James White, Gordon, Robby Anderson, Agholor, Emmanuel Sanders, Gronk, Yeldon, Miami

Loading up on NE with the likelihood Jacksonville funnels passing attempts to the middle of the field, which is where Gronk and White can do a lot of damage.  Also, White might be the only viable RB for NE this week.

Gordon is a #1 RB every week and should be used to kill the clock for most of the second half.

Anderson is Darnold's #1 and talked him up this week.  Volume play.

Agholor and Sanders seem to be the #1's on their respective teams and TB and Oakland don't scare me in the secondary.

Yeldon is a must-start if Fournette is out.  Fournette didn't practice again today, but will have to monitor closely Sunday with it being a late game.  Can pivot to any of the late RBs or WRs at that price with Yeldon in the FLEX (Lynch, Riddick, Royce Freeman, Breida, Alf Morris most likely pivots).

Miami will probably be an under-owned DEF, but they are facing a rookie QB and played well against TN last week.

Thoughts?

For cash and cash+ this week I'm all in on Keenum,M Gordon,Sanders,Kittle and Brown if Ben plays.

Doing a few .25 gpps and some SE $1/$2. A hopefully low owned stack I like here is Watson,Hopkins,Miller
I like those calls.  I was staring at Houston too.  

What I wrote down last night was getting a small game stack of SF/Det, Oak/Denv, or Indy/Wash for a lower owned option to go with core studs.  

I think I had Jimmy-kittle-pettis-tate in there with julio/brown/conner/d.cook as a placeholder.  

I also liked Keenun/thomas/sanders/cook as a stack with higher priced rbs. 

I guess to get people to stop hitching about kickers?  As long as the rbs are underpriced they may have well as added a 3rd rb

im not trying to be be rude to you, just a light hearted attempt at some strategy discussion 
No, I get it, and you aren't coming across as rude.  Keep in mind me also do different $ amount and volume.  0 chance I would do it in a Gpp with 10k or less entries, but when we are talking 500k+ in those 25 cent gpps.  

I might throw one in those this week for a wtf since I like both Doyle and Reed in that game, and wrote down a Smith-reed-thompson-doyle combo as an idea.  Might use that on DK though. 

Users who are viewing this thread