Snorkelson

FanDuel week 2

94 posts in this topic

On 9/12/2018 at 7:02 PM, KarmaPolice said:

I have done it before with the Pats, but do you guys think there is any value using 2 RBs on the same team this week for a gpp dart?  Has to be 2 cheap guys - I keep staring at C.Thompson and AP as a possible combo.  I figure that would be a pretty low owned LU build.  

Also keep looking at what a TE in the flex would look like.  

Here is a 2 TE LU I just threw together:  Jimmy G - AP - D.Johnson - Brown - T.Hill - Gordon - Kittle - Cook - Wash.  

Re: 2 TEs

Dodds has two TEs valued at 18 or above and 21 rbs   So your going to give FD 17-19% juice to pick a flex that’s projected to be inferior to 21 other players?  Won’t say it will never work but the math says you’d have more fun taking a match to your dollar bills   If this is a fun lottery ticket enterprise then ignore what I said  

Won $19 tonite on the two tickets I won. It’s that stupid single game I hate, but can be exploit if you’re grinding

8 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

:thumbup:

I am in there too.  Tried Mixon at MVP, but using both Qbs, Tucker, and both Ds too for something weird.  

I scored 114 and cashed $2

6 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Re: 2 TEs

Dodds has two TEs valued at 18 or above and 21 rbs   So your going to give FD 17-19% juice to pick a flex that’s projected to be inferior to 21 other players?  Won’t say it will never work but the math says you’d have more fun taking a match to your dollar bills   If this is a fun lottery ticket enterprise then ignore what I said  

Fair enough.  After I posted that and thought about it more, I think the ppr and pricing of DK make that pay off for certain weeks, but not sure FD is the place to do it except for gpp shots in huge gpps like that 25cent one where you have to beat 500K+ entries.    Maybe more viable as prices of players go up?

I think I am just rebelling a little bit over the idea of probably HAVING to start a RB in the flex week in and week out because of the scoring and format.  If that's the case, what was the point of adding the flex?  

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Raging weasel said:

I scored 114 and cashed $2

:thumbup:

I scored a lot less than that.  ;)

23 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Fair enough.  After I posted that and thought about it more, I think the ppr and pricing of DK make that pay off for certain weeks, but not sure FD is the place to do it except for gpp shots in huge gpps like that 25cent one where you have to beat 500K+ entries.    Maybe more viable as prices of players go up?

I think I am just rebelling a little bit over the idea of probably HAVING to start a RB in the flex week in and week out because of the scoring and format.  If that's the case, what was the point of adding the flex?  

I guess to get people to stop hitching about kickers?  As long as the rbs are underpriced they may have well as added a 3rd rb

im not trying to be be rude to you, just a light hearted attempt at some strategy discussion 

1 person likes this

For cash and cash+ this week I'm all in on Keenum,M Gordon,Sanders,Kittle and Brown if Ben plays.

Doing a few .25 gpps and some SE $1/$2. A hopefully low owned stack I like here is Watson,Hopkins,Miller

Just threw this lineup in a free contest to test the waters.  If I stew on it a little, might try to cash in a GPP with it.

Brady, James White, Gordon, Robby Anderson, Agholor, Emmanuel Sanders, Gronk, Yeldon, Miami

Loading up on NE with the likelihood Jacksonville funnels passing attempts to the middle of the field, which is where Gronk and White can do a lot of damage.  Also, White might be the only viable RB for NE this week.

Gordon is a #1 RB every week and should be used to kill the clock for most of the second half.

Anderson is Darnold's #1 and talked him up this week.  Volume play.

Agholor and Sanders seem to be the #1's on their respective teams and TB and Oakland don't scare me in the secondary.

Yeldon is a must-start if Fournette is out.  Fournette didn't practice again today, but will have to monitor closely Sunday with it being a late game.  Can pivot to any of the late RBs or WRs at that price with Yeldon in the FLEX (Lynch, Riddick, Royce Freeman, Breida, Alf Morris most likely pivots).

Miami will probably be an under-owned DEF, but they are facing a rookie QB and played well against TN last week.

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, Raging weasel said:

For cash and cash+ this week I'm all in on Keenum,M Gordon,Sanders,Kittle and Brown if Ben plays.

Doing a few .25 gpps and some SE $1/$2. A hopefully low owned stack I like here is Watson,Hopkins,Miller

I like those calls.  I was staring at Houston too.  

What I wrote down last night was getting a small game stack of SF/Det, Oak/Denv, or Indy/Wash for a lower owned option to go with core studs.  

I think I had Jimmy-kittle-pettis-tate in there with julio/brown/conner/d.cook as a placeholder.  

I also liked Keenun/thomas/sanders/cook as a stack with higher priced rbs. 

3 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

I guess to get people to stop hitching about kickers?  As long as the rbs are underpriced they may have well as added a 3rd rb

im not trying to be be rude to you, just a light hearted attempt at some strategy discussion 

No, I get it, and you aren't coming across as rude.  Keep in mind me also do different $ amount and volume.  0 chance I would do it in a Gpp with 10k or less entries, but when we are talking 500k+ in those 25 cent gpps.  

I might throw one in those this week for a wtf since I like both Doyle and Reed in that game, and wrote down a Smith-reed-thompson-doyle combo as an idea.  Might use that on DK though. 

56 minutes ago, Titans_fan said:

Anderson is Darnold's #1 and talked him up this week.  Volume play.

Just my :2cents: -- Seems premature to say that. Enunwa barely played in preseason and at Detroit had ten targets while Anderson had one.

1 person likes this

38 minutes ago, Mystery Achiever said:

Just my :2cents: -- Seems premature to say that. Enunwa barely played in preseason and at Detroit had ten targets while Anderson had one.

Miami's corners are no joke, Fitzpatrick, Howard, and McCain are all good. The Miami front 7 doesn't scare me at all though. I expect a heavy does of Crowell and Powell in that game

Cash LU #2 - Projects better than the 1st one. 

QB/ T. Taylor, RB/ Kamara - Gordon, WR/ Sanders - Cobb [if Rodgers plays] - Agholor, TE/ Kittle, FLEX/ Conner, DEF/ LAC

21 minutes ago, reel_smooth said:

QB/ T. Taylor, RB/ Kamara - Gordon, WR/ Sanders - Cobb [if Rodgers plays] - Agholor, TE/ Kittle, FLEX/ Conner, DEF/ LAC

Really like this for cash

GPP heads-up: Darren Sproles ruled out for Sunday against TB - calling Corey Clement!!!

Hey guys, recent subscriber to this site. 

Cash Lineup - Tyrod, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Sanders, Agholor, Landry, Cook, Conner,  Chargers....Pretty chalky, but wondering if anyone sees any issue with this? Wondering if I should try to fit in Yeldon, but do not really want to go away from Gordon/Kamara and Conner.

Any thoughts?

20 minutes ago, Marky_422 said:

Cash Lineup - Tyrod, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Sanders, Agholor, Landry, Cook, Conner,  Chargers....Pretty chalky, but wondering if anyone sees any issue with this? Wondering if I should try to fit in Yeldon, but do not really want to go away from Gordon/Kamara and Conner.

Any thoughts?

Looks like a good cash lineup to me.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, sn0mm1s said:

Why the seeming consensus of Kittle over Cook?

I really like both this week for value guys.  I know Gruden was chirping about getting more downfield shots with cooper, but that's easier said than done vs Denv, and Denv has been bad vs TEs for a bit now.  I think I am leaning Cook in cash for the savings, and Kittle in gpps.  

I think I am staying away from 2xs and 50/50s again this week.  Looking like Taylor, Kamara, Conner, Gordon, AB, Cook is the main core and will have huge ownership.   Probably do 3 and 5mans for my main/cash LU again.  

As far as why Kittle, I saw this from RG (again, free, so I will post it):

Take a look at how George Kittle ranked in some DFS-relevant categories among TEs in Week 1:

Air Yards – 118 (1st)
YAC – 67 (2nd)
Market Share Air Yards – 0.29 (tied 2nd)
Target Share – 0.26 (3rd)

Fanduel added $1 to my account (to be used by tomorrow). I'm rich.:excited:
Did they have another one if those promos like last week to log in for random chance to get a bonus?

ETA- If anyone else planned to play him, I just saw Josh Gordon is out with a hamstring injury

Edited by Mystery Achiever

On 9/14/2018 at 2:01 PM, reel_smooth said:

Close to mine. Have Landry instead of Cobb in one. 

Tentative lineup:

QB: Taylor RB: Kamara, Gurley WR: Agholor, Landry TE: Kittle Flex: Pettis D: LAC

Think Pettis is an absolute steal at 4500. Not sure I want to double dip with him and Kittle tho. I’m new to DFS so still playing around. 

Another one I have:

QB: Roethlisberger RB: Gurley, Conner WR: Brown, Landry TE: Kittle Flex: Kupp D: LAR

Love the Rams and Chargers. That won’t change in any of my lineups. Also like Kupp a lot too. Not sure I want 3 Steelers but should be a shootout. Might put Hill in for Brown. 

Edited by Elevencents

My 10 man league is for the Sunday-MNF slate for some reason.  I put this LU in there, plus a gpp:

Jimmy G - Conner - Cook - OBJ - Julio - Pettis - Kittle - Gurley - Chicago

I am still staring at my main LU for the main slate, but I think it will be similar.   I don't like the Gordon news for Tyrod (or I could just be looking for excuses not to click his name), and A.Smith doesn't blow my hair back. 

I really like the 6-7K RBs this week, so I keep staring at them and thinking about using 3 of them in gpps and paying up at TE, QB or all 3 WRs, which might yield a different roster construction.   Conner, Miller, Ajayi, AP, D.Lewis, Cook,  hell even McCoy in that range, or White and Morris at sub 5K I have on my list.  

I have 10 spots reserved for the 25cent gpp, and the current placeholder is:  Watson - Cook - Crowell - Julio - Hopkins - Tate - Reed - A.Morris - Jets  as I think about this idea and build.     

33 minutes ago, Elevencents said:

DFS newbie here - what is GPP? 

Two basic types of games are Cash and GPP. Described better than I could here. Possibly oversimplifying, but cash has better odds of winning anything but GPP has potential bigger payouts,
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nba/48892/425/cash-games-vs-tournaments

Sorry - I had just skimmed the article and now see it is geared to NBA, but the distinction and need for different strategies still applies.

Edited by Mystery Achiever
1 person likes this

21 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

I think I am staying away from 2xs and 50/50s again this week.  Looking like Taylor, Kamara, Conner, Gordon, AB, Cook is the main core and will have huge ownership.   Probably do 3 and 5mans for my main/cash LU again.  

So you're using the same guys you'd use in 2x&50/50, just in 3 and 5 mans?  This worked for you last week?  I didn't get slaughtered, but was down, and I'm always on the short end of the weeks where the cash cuts are insane.  We knew they'd be higher cuts because FLEX > K, but they won't be that high going forward.  

22 hours ago, Marky_422 said:

Any thoughts?

Welcome to the party, pal. I’d stay away from yeldon for cash simply because I feel grant will siphon some work off. Kamara gordon and Conner not so much. Good luck!

52 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

So you're using the same guys you'd use in 2x&50/50, just in 3 and 5 mans?  This worked for you last week?  I didn't get slaughtered, but was down, and I'm always on the short end of the weeks where the cash cuts are insane.  We knew they'd be higher cuts because FLEX > K, but they won't be that high going forward.  

My Lu hit last week, and cashed 3 of the 4 of those contests I entered, and the small gpp.  The ones I cashed in, the next closest were in the 130s-140s in those 3 and 5 mans   Variable for sure, but I think I would rather take a shot at those vs a 50/50 where we have a good guess what the LUs will look like - especially if I want a slightly different build than what I think will be out there.  

:shrug:

I dipped my toe in them a little last year, and liked them a little more than 2xs and 50/50s because I don't enjoy feeling like I have to do a similar build to keep up with the masses in a 2x. 

Edited by KarmaPolice
1 person likes this

On 9/14/2018 at 8:55 PM, KarmaPolice said:

Freeman out too, putting Coleman in play? 

Another thread was started on this, but, since the question is here, I'd have to think this now makes him as cash game lock, given the price tag and increased workload. I have altered a cash LU accordingly. 

21 minutes ago, reel_smooth said:

Another thread was started on this, but, since the question is here, I'd have to think this now makes him as cash game lock, given the price tag and increased workload. I have altered a cash LU accordingly. 

Interesting.  

I just reclicked on the RG lineup tool, and it jammed in Kamara, Gurley, and Conner.   

Not bad choices there either; I think that's what's in my other cash LU. But when it's all said and done, based on volume alone, I think Coleman hits cash game value and has GPP upside. Of course, I've been wrong before, but, I feel very good about him. 

How in the world did I talk myself into clicking on Tyrod's name?  :wall:

1 person likes this

Me every Saturday night: “Wow my lineup this week is awesome, I’m sure to place well in all my GPP’s.

Me every Sunday night: “What was I thinking, i should have known better than to pick these guys.”  

Looking at the $1M winning team: “Wow I coulda picked these guys, in fact I think I had these guys at some point during the shuffle.  I’m such an idiot!”

4 people like this

The only reason I won (double ups) is that there was no love (exc from me) for Thielen this week. 2% owned. When I saw that, I really thought I missed an injury updates. Plus fairly low ownership for Gordon @ 10-14%.