What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should I eat it? (1 Viewer)

Should I eat a Lean Cuisine that sat in my bag unrefrigerated for 8 hours?

• Yes. Eat it.

Votes: 58 68.2%
  • No. Don't eat it.

Votes: 27 31.8%

• Total voters

Fat Nick

Footballguy
So most days at work I bring in a Lean Cuisine - I typically bring it in and put it in my mini-fridge under my desk.  The other day, I forgot to take it out of my bag, then ate out for lunch.  When I went to pack up to go home, I found the Lean Cuisine that had been in my bag all day, unrefrigerated.  Being cheap, and feeling wasteful, I put it in my fridge and have been pondering if I should eat it for the last week.  

It's Asian-Style Potstickers with rice.  Some meat in the potstickers.  

-It sat out for 8 full hours at room temperature

-It's got meat in it

+It's likely already bathed in preservatives

+It's sealed up in the little container

So most days at work I bring in a Lean Cuisine - I typically bring it in and put it in my mini-fridge under my desk.  The other day, I forgot to take it out of my bag, then ate out for lunch.  When I went to pack up to go home, I found the Lean Cuisine that had been in my bag all day, unrefrigerated.  Being cheap, and feeling wasteful, I put it in my fridge and have been pondering if I should eat it for the last week.  

-It's got meat in it

Oh yeah.  Go for it!

-It's got meat in it

Did it start the eight hours frozen? If so I say go for it. 

I wouldnt eat it but I am a wuss about this stuff. 

If I try to look at it objectively I cant really see what you could catch if you nuke the heck out of it in the Microwave. 

Ea it, you'll be fine.

Also, expiration dates are merely a suggestion on most items. It's so they can make more $ off you. Obviously, bread, milk, eggs, cheese expire. Things like that bottle of salad dressing will likely be good for a year or more after the date stamped on it.

You're welcome.

Given the short amount of time that you have too cook the stuff from frozen, it's likely that the pork was cooked, not raw. But I agree with AAABatteries on not eating Lean Cuisine.

...Still doing fine.  Chasing it down with some Cheetos now.  They're the baked kind, so it's OK.  

Those that voted no... wtf is wrong with you?  He didn't ask if YOU would eat it.  He asked if HE should eat it.  I'm going on record that anyone that voted no is a dumbshoe.

Last edited by a moderator:
FAT NICK!!

eat it, no doubt.  any pranks lately?
Nothing too noteworthy. We have this new fictitious points system at work within our team where you can “earn” points by doing work things. You can also award points to others. It’s a totally self-run system for our team with no real value.  Totally for fun.  Since you can award your points to others, I’ve started holding stuff for ransom in exchange for points. The guy with the post points had 25 points. I took his mouse USB receiver and left a note demanding 15 points for it’s safe return.  He tried to hold out but caved and gave me the points. I hid another guy’s car keys for another 10 points. At this point I’m firmly in the lead with the most points strictly by holding things for ransom. No clue why nobody does it to me. I think they’re all terrified I’ll retaliate with a real prank. 

Users who are viewing this thread