What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 Buy Low/ Sell High (Week 14-16) PLAYOFF targets (2 Viewers)

Sell:  Mack

value will never be higher

still has a bye, two games with Jax and one vs TN between now and week 13.
Not sure about that.  He's the bell-cow in an offense led by Luck. Defenses have to respect the passing game.  Lots of room for Mack to be a beast if he gets 15-20 touches a game.

Funchess IMO is an excellent buy low right now if you are in the market for a WR3ish flex option. he's coming off a bad game against ravens.... but his fantasy playoff schedule is decent: browns, saints, falcons
Would you want Funchess over Corey Davis?

My Team (5-3 in a 14 team league, 2nd Place):

QB: Pat Mahomes II

WRs: DeAndre Hopkins, A.J. Green, DeVante Parker, Tre'Quan Smith, D.J., Moore, Antonio Callaway

RBs: Chris Carson, Lamar Miller, Latavius Murray, Tevin Coleman, Matt Breida

TE: Jack Doyle

K: Harrison Butker

D/ST: NY Jets

Been trying to get a legit RB1 and been hitting up the Dalvin Cook owner for weeks. He responded with Breida/Coleman for Cook (out until Week 11). The wait doesn't bother me since I own Murray, but that price doesn't make me feel like I'm "Buying Low". However, the Vikes O-line has gotten much better since the start of the year with Pat Elflein back. Pull the trigger?

My Team (5-3 in a 14 team league, 2nd Place):

QB: Pat Mahomes II

WRs: DeAndre Hopkins, A.J. Green, DeVante Parker, Tre'Quan Smith, D.J., Moore, Antonio Callaway

RBs: Chris Carson, Lamar Miller, Latavius Murray, Tevin Coleman, Matt Breida

TE: Jack Doyle

K: Harrison Butker

D/ST: NY Jets

Been trying to get a legit RB1 and been hitting up the Dalvin Cook owner for weeks. He responded with Breida/Coleman for Cook (out until Week 11). The wait doesn't bother me since I own Murray, but that price doesn't make me feel like I'm "Buying Low". However, the Vikes O-line has gotten much better since the start of the year with Pat Elflein back. Pull the trigger?
It depends on how confident you are about the hamstring after his Bye.  I'm a Fournette owner, and while I am optimistic he will be OK in week 10, there's no way of knowing.  

If Cook is healthy, I'd say it's a great deal, but if not healthy it will be a problem.

This is my reasoning:

Carson and Miller are guaranteed volume (17+ carries) right now; Breida scares me because he refuses to rest a bad ankle and his efficiency has tanked. Coleman will never rise above mid-range RB2 due to Ito Smith making it a 60/40 committee. A healthy Cook for Weeks 14-16:

14 - Dec 10 @Sea Mon 8:15 pm

15 - Dec 16 Mia Sun 1:00 pm

16 Dec 23 @Det Sun 1:00 pm

Min is 5th best schedule for Weeks 14-16 for RBs.

What do you guys think about this trade:

Give Howard (sell high) and Deshaun Watson (sell high) for Carson (buy high) and M. Thomas (buy low).

I have Mixon, Elliot and Ekeler as RBs and Brady + Fitzmagic at QB.

WRs: Tyreek, Kupp, J. Brown, Sutton, Kirk

Give Howard (sell high) and Deshaun Watson (sell high) for Carson (buy high) and M. Thomas (buy low).

If they accept that more power to you. RB2 and low-range QB1 for upper-range RB2 and WR1 it seems like.

If they accept that more power to you. RB2 and low-range QB1 for upper-range RB2 and WR1 it seems like.
Seems like it's a decent deal since he's hurting at QB. Depends on Thomas bouncing back and Carson grabbing a hold of the Seattle backfield. I have no trust in J. Howard unfortunately--been waiting for a good game or two to unload him in a sell high situation. I think Thomas should come back positively to the mean and he has a good playoff schedule.

I just made an offer - Latavius Murray for Matt Ryan.  He also has Tom Brady at QB.  He's 2-6 so needs to win now.  His other RB's are Lev Bell (holdout), Marlon Mack (bye), Devonta Freeman (IR spot), Ronald Jones (hamstring) and Kenjon Barner.  I have Mahomes at QB so need somebody to cover Week 12, when the Falcons are at New Orleans.  (There's very little on WW at QB since everybody carries two QBs).  With the Vikings on Bye next week Murray is my most expendable player.  I'll also need a TE in Week 11 to cover Kittle.

Everybody always turns me down but we'll see how this one goes.

Considering making this offer - PPR league
I give Latavius Murray and DJ Moore
I get either Alshon Jeffery or TY Hilton

He's 3-5 so needs to win now.  He has Jeffery, Hilton, Yeldon, and Eagles DST on Bye, and missed this week's waiver run.  He can easily drop Charles Clay since Jared Cook has already had his Bye.

My only worry is DJ Moore has a really nice schedule coming up.  A few years ago I dropped Odell Beckham one week before THE CATCH (I had to choose between dropping him or Crabtree - we have a short bench).  So I'm nervous about Moore exploding in a similar fashion (not likely to become a super star, but top 10 is not completely out of the question for him for ROS).

Would you make this offer?  I'll likely be dropping Murray next week to pick up a TE to cover for George Kittle, so he is superfluous for me at the moment.

He's 3-5 so needs to win now.  He has Jeffery, Hilton, Yeldon, and Eagles DST on Bye, and missed this week's waiver run.  He can easily drop Charles Clay since Jared Cook has already had his Bye.

My only worry is DJ Moore has a really nice schedule coming up.  A few years ago I dropped Odell Beckham one week before THE CATCH (I had to choose between dropping him or Crabtree - we have a short bench).  So I'm nervous about Moore exploding in a similar fashion (not likely to become a super star, but top 10 is not completely out of the question for him for ROS).

Would you make this offer?  I'll likely be dropping Murray next week to pick up a TE to cover for George Kittle, so he is superfluous for me at the moment.

Who do you have at rb amd wr? Murray probably starts this week?

Jordan Howard? One good game does not make a sell high. I would never do that deal. 

Offered Russ Wilson + Ingram, Collins or Chubb for Aaron Rodgers to a team painfully thin at rb ( Fournette, Yeldon and Crowell).

He Rejected all three.

Counter was Rodgers and Julio for Elliott and Gronk. No thanks.

Oh well.

Who do you have at rb amd wr? Murray probably starts this week?
Current Roster

RB - Alvin Kamara, Nick Chubb, Alex Collins, Austin Ekeler, Leonard Fournette, Latavius Murray - starting Kamara and Chubb at RB this week

WR - JuJu Smith-Schuster, Stefon Diggs, Kenny Golladay, DJ Moore - starting JuJu and Diggs at WR and Golladay at Flex

QB - Mahomes, TE - Kittle, K - Lutz, DST - Bears

I'm favoring Collins over Murray ROS due to presence of Dalvin Cook in Minnesota, and also Collins has a terrific schedule following the bye in week 10

Last edited by a moderator:
Jordan Howard? One good game does not make a sell high. I would never do that deal. 
Yeah well, he went for it, mainly because he needed a QB. He was running Beathard out there...

For some reason, my league has been stashing QBs this year, so it’s been hard to do any kind of streaming.

edited to add: I kind of agree re: Howard; that’s why I unloaded him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was able to sell Marvin Jones this week (Used him last week and for bye coverage but not much else) Sold high on this great game Sunday and now that Tate was traded his value is higher. He'll be good the rest of the year but I was able to turn

Goff and Marvin Jones for Aaron Rodgers and OJ Howard (I own Gronk)

Short bench league allows me some roster flexibility now - don't need to keep Rivers.

What DST do we like for Week's 14-16? 

Anyone that's cleared bye with a good matchup?

Bills/Broncos have nice Week 14/15 matchups but both haven't had their bye yet.

I am in 1st place at 7-1 in one league and made a trade yesterday in redraft to better my starting line up for the playoffs.  I traded Conner and B Cooks for A Brown.  I have Gurley, Mixon, Chubb, and Ingram still at RB so I had the depth to make the trade.

I am in 1st place at 7-1 in one league and made a trade yesterday in redraft to better my starting line up for the playoffs.  I traded Conner and B Cooks for A Brown.  I have Gurley, Mixon, Chubb, and Ingram still at RB so I had the depth to make the trade.
Love seeing that. I wish I had better RB depth to be able to trade some away. At this point in the year you don't need as much depth.

themeistersinger said:
I just made an offer - Latavius Murray for Matt Ryan.  He also has Tom Brady at QB.  He's 2-6 so needs to win now.  His other RB's are Lev Bell (holdout), Marlon Mack (bye), Devonta Freeman (IR spot), Ronald Jones (hamstring) and Kenjon Barner.  I have Mahomes at QB so need somebody to cover Week 12, when the Falcons are at New Orleans.  (There's very little on WW at QB since everybody carries two QBs).  With the Vikings on Bye next week Murray is my most expendable player.  I'll also need a TE in Week 11 to cover Kittle.

Everybody always turns me down but we'll see how this one goes.
I wouldn't trade away Murray for a one week player.

themeistersinger said:

Go for Hilton but not Jeffrey as his targets just went down with the Tate trade.

Turned down Fournette for Chubb (redraft PPR) where I have Chubb, Howard, Murray, Thompson and Blount at the position, was trying to offload the bottom two to the Fournette owner who has Ingram and nobody else at RB this week but he wasn't biting on it

MindBomb said:
Yeah well, he went for it, mainly because he needed a QB. He was running Beathard out there...

For some reason, my league has been stashing QBs this year, so it’s been hard to do any kind of streaming.

edited to add: I kind of agree re: Howard; that’s why I unloaded him.
Damn good for you!

Anyone selling Chubb? He's TD dependent in PPR leagues, he's getting the touches, but if they are behind in games, those PPR points will be Duke Johnson's.

Gottabesweet said:
Anyone selling Chubb? He's TD dependent in PPR leagues, he's getting the touches, but if they are behind in games, those PPR points will be Duke Johnson's.
I have Kamara as my starter. But RB2 so bad this year, I don't know how you can trade Chubb.

what pipe
"in the mini-doc, Gordon begins by reeling off all the drugs he's used and mostly denied since being drafted by the Browns in the 2012 supplemental draft.

"I've used alcohol on many, many occasions, Xanax on many occasions, cocaine several occasions, marijuana most of my life, codeine, cough syrup, methazine is very prevalent where I'm from,'' Gordon admit. "It's what I grew up using.''

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/browns_josh_gordon_opens_up_ab.html

I hope he doesn't relapse, I really do...but it does happen...and he will be out of the NFL forever.

"in the mini-doc, Gordon begins by reeling off all the drugs he's used and mostly denied since being drafted by the Browns in the 2012 supplemental draft.

"I've used alcohol on many, many occasions, Xanax on many occasions, cocaine several occasions, marijuana most of my life, codeine, cough syrup, methazine is very prevalent where I'm from,'' Gordon admit. "It's what I grew up using.''

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/browns_josh_gordon_opens_up_ab.html

I hope he doesn't relapse, I really do...but it does happen...and he will be out of the NFL forever.
I don't get it.

Anybody getting any bites for J. Howard? Trying to unload him like hell. 
I just offered Jordan Howard for OJ Howard.  I need a good TE and he needs some RB help, plus he has Ebron as a back up TE.  I think it's very fair and both of our teams benefit from it.

I just offered Jordan Howard for OJ Howard.  I need a good TE and he needs some RB help, plus he has Ebron as a back up TE.  I think it's very fair and both of our teams benefit from it.
If he declines, Howard's stock might be higher after Sunday's game vs. Detroit. 

I'm considering buying Gronk. His price won't ever be any lower.

Also selling TY Hilton. Running game is picking up and Doyle is back.

I'm a Gronk owner and wouldn't be buying.  I acquired OJ a few weeks ago and am playing him forward. I bet Gronk likely sits this week and then he has a bye, you'll need to see him do well Week 12 and/or 13 before you decide to start him in the fantasy playoffs.  He's had 1 good week and a few ok one's in PPR.  I just don't think he can get healthy.  He's going to rest up and play his best football in the NFL playoffs and probably retire. He looks in pain just walking.  Reminds me of like Ric Flair wrestling into his 60's trying to walk around, fitting as his next career is likely WWE.

Gottabesweet said:
I'm a Gronk owner and wouldn't be buying.  I acquired OJ a few weeks ago and am playing him forward. I bet Gronk likely sits this week and then he has a bye, you'll need to see him do well Week 12 and/or 13 before you decide to start him in the fantasy playoffs.  He's had 1 good week and a few ok one's in PPR.  I just don't think he can get healthy.  He's going to rest up and play his best football in the NFL playoffs and probably retire. He looks in pain just walking.  Reminds me of like Ric Flair wrestling into his 60's trying to walk around, fitting as his next career is likely WWE.
This is where I am as well. 

It's amazing it's come to this, but I've been offering Gronk+ in trades for another top TE.  Wasn't long ago that he was around twice as valuable as the next best TE.

This is where I am as well. 

It's amazing it's come to this, but I've been offering Gronk+ in trades for another top TE.  Wasn't long ago that he was around twice as valuable as the next best TE.
I bought into the Bloom Kool-Aid and drafted him 16th.  I'm in a short bench and fearful of trading him away in case he becomes something.  The TE market is hit/miss and having OJ/Gronk limits others. - Not sure I'd be able to get anything with him likely sitting this week and on bye next.

Users who are viewing this thread