What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 Buy Low/ Sell High (Week 14-16) PLAYOFF targets (1 Viewer)

a completely flying under the radar type guy is Aaron Jones.J. Williams is a poor stop-gap at best. Jones comes back NEXT week, get him now..weeks 3,4,5 for GB? how about games vs  3 bad run defenses  - Washington next week - yeah, the Redskins defense is not good against the run , they played a hapless Az team last week, let's remember this IS a gruden led team doomed to implode...the other games are against Buffalo, and the Lions..so 3 absolutely JUICY matchups in his first 3 weeks back.then the other weak run defenses like the Niners, Patriots, Dolphins, Seahawks, Cards, Falcons, among others. Jones has game and if there's a silver lining to the injury to Rodgers the other night it is that GB will likely try to pound the ball in coming weeks..

a completely flying under the radar type guy is Aaron Jones.J. Williams is a poor stop-gap at best. Jones comes back NEXT week, get him now..weeks 3,4,5 for GB? how about games vs  3 bad run defenses  - Washington next week - yeah, the Redskins defense is not good against the run , they played a hapless Az team last week, let's remember this IS a gruden led team doomed to implode...the other games are against Buffalo, and the Lions..so 3 absolutely JUICY matchups in his first 3 weeks back.then the other weak run defenses like the Niners, Patriots, Dolphins, Seahawks, Cards, Falcons, among others. Jones has game and if there's a silver lining to the injury to Rodgers the other night it is that GB will likely try to pound the ball in coming weeks..
Trying to use this idea and package Jones, J. Williams and Marvin Jones for Dalvin Cook

Tanner9919 said:
This is a great post! 

jdoggydogg said:
I avoided McCoy in all leagues this year. 

But he is a perfect buy low candidate. Yes, Buffalo sucks. But I'd totally trade for McCoy right now.
Was just offered Shady for Hilton. 

SameSongNDance said:
I'm trying to gauge just how bad ARI is versus just how good WAS is. Last year WAS was the most injured team in the NFL. According to Warren Sharp, they had the 2nd most injured RB unit, 2nd most injured TE unit, 2nd most injured OL, 4th most injured LB unit, 8th most injured DL unit and the 12th most injured DB unit. The only person who stayed upright was Kirk. They could feasibly be a 10-11 win team this year which could put the ARI beating into context. WAS homers could provide a lot more insight than me though. I do know they looked very good on both sides of the ball last week.

Amongst all RBs last week, DJ was tied for the 3rd most RZ carries/targets (5) and tied for the 3rd highest target share (25%). ARI just didn't run a many plays on offense because Bradford couldn't sustain any drives and AP ran all over them. ARI only had 53 offensive snaps which was the 2nd least and they were dead last in time of possession. When doing my projections and looking back at McCoy lead offenses I don't remember pace or time of possession being an issue and consider last week to generally be an outlier.

As for Rosen. I liked what I saw from him during the preseason. At the least I don't see how he can play much worse than Bradford did last week. Why the #### do teams continue to give Bradford money? I don't get it. 
Im in Baltimore so not a Washington homer but I’ve followed them pretty closely between working in DC in the past and still consuming a lot of DC area media.

The Rediskins should be a playoff caliber team and have been for a few years on paper IMO.  Injuries like you said and also just a really weird football culture in and around that team hold them back sometimes.

To DC Cousins was a part of the RG3 era (RG3 was larger than life in much of that town) so they were smart to move on from him.  They need a year where they just get a fair return on the talent they have in DC, and Alex Smith is the perfect guy to make that happen.

Long term I’m not buying the Skins as a franchise though.  They are having trouble filling  their stadium for the first time in 50 years, the local media often refuses to say the word “Redskins” when covering them, and that controversy is only going to get bigger when they move back to the RFK stadium site in the district (not decided, but that’s the best move for the team and Snyder gets that I think).

So I hope they have a good run under Smith because Skins fans deserve it and there will be some dark ages coming up potentially.

Edit: I forgot the weirdest thing about DC football culture.  Probably 40-50% of the hardcore football fans in DC are Cowboys fans.  Hardcore Cowboys fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
i was high on Aaron Jones too BUT he is not as good in pass protection as Williams.

Rodgers is ailing. What do you think the Pack will do? Protect the best player in NFL!

Just food for thought...
he was in the fantasy RB top 11 last season in the 4 weeks he started, avg'd 88 yards/gm.15.5 carries/gm, 5.5 yards/carry on the season he plays the hapless Bills, Redskins, Chiefs, Niners, Detroit in coming weeks. he's going to be a STUD going forward..

Williams is a ship lost a sea..you wont have DE's with the ears pinned back laser-focused on chasing Rodgers when you have a back like Jones running the ball..it'll keep defenses 'honest'.

LOVE Jones going forward, mainly because of his track record from last season and because Williams just pooped on his own doorstep with his less than pedestrian showing last week.now he faces the Vikes - good luck! 

he was in the fantasy RB top 11 last season in the 4 weeks he started, avg'd 88 yards/gm.15.5 carries/gm, 5.5 yards/carry on the season he plays the hapless Bills, Redskins, Chiefs, Niners, Detroit in coming weeks. he's going to be a STUD going forward..

Williams is a ship lost a sea..you wont have DE's with the ears pinned back laser-focused on chasing Rodgers when you have a back like Jones running the ball..it'll keep defenses 'honest'.

LOVE Jones going forward, mainly because of his track record from last season and because Williams just pooped on his own doorstep with his less than pedestrian showing last week.now he faces the Vikes - good luck! 
Can’t say I’m as excited about Jones as you are but since I have him in a couple leagues I like to hear it nonetheless, haha. 

For whats its worth - Just traded 

P Rivers & Ingram - Already have Brady, Gronk, Melvin, Cook, Connor and now Fournette.  Really needed another WR to go with TY and Stills.  

for 

Fournette & Diggs

He badly needs a QB and I'm just adding depth.

Standard - Non PPR- 10 team NFL.com league

P Rivers & Ingram - Already have Brady, Gronk, Melvin, Cook, Connor and now Fournette.  Really needed another WR to go with TY and Stills.  

for 

Fournette & Diggs

I can’t imagine needing to trade for a QB in a ten teamer that would at least be serviceable.

Thats a first and a third/fourth rounder for him in Fournette and Diggs, for what? your 5th/6th round pick in Ingram... maybe and a late QB draft pick? 

I can’t imagine needing to trade for a QB in a ten teamer that would at least be serviceable.

Thats a first and a third/fourth rounder for him in Fournette and Diggs, for what? your 5th/6th round pick in Ingram... maybe and a late QB draft pick? 
Yes.  The power of the TANK.  Love playing with uninformed people.

Corn Rocket said:

for 

Fournette & Diggs

Lol 

If I had Lindsay I’d be selling as high as possible. :suds:

I mean, for as much as possible.   :unsure:

Or hey, get hella high & trade him.   :ph34r:

one of the two. Maybe both.  :shrug:

Either way, the hype off of a 15 carry game currently seems to be exceeding his actual value, which is the best time to sell-high.

If you’re super pumped about the dude’s 15 carry game, chances are someone else in your league is just as pumped about it - right now he’s a complete maybe as a weekly floor. I’m seeing that as a great opportunity to turn a maybe into something more substantial/reliable.

that old expression, “you can wish in one hand & crap in the other - see whiich fills up first” seems to apply. 

Not saying Lindsay can’t be a breakout guy - just saying you can probably flip him beyond his actual value. 

In case anyone's wondering on Conner value... was just offered Hopkins for Lamar/Conner... strongly considering it.

Conner's worthless after week 9  and Lamar is pedestrian ... all for a monster PPR receiver.
I would probably take that deal. Hopkins is a great buy-low.

i hate that you’ve gotta toss in Miller though. I’d probably counter for a lesser back, or other player.

In case anyone's wondering on Conner value... was just offered Hopkins for Lamar/Conner... strongly considering it.

Conner's worthless after week 9  and Lamar is pedestrian ... all for a monster PPR receiver.
If that doesn’t leave you too thin at RB that is a fantastic deal. 

This is the sor of offer I speed-accept in fear that he will come back and correct his misclick while I am reviewing my choices.
I did accept it but not instantly. Hopkins was on the injury report with a foot injury and Watson has not looked good. And I'm giving up two starting RBs for a WR in a must-start 2 RB league. If Conner is worthless by week 10 as I predict, it's a steal, though. I have a great team outside of this trade so it sets me up for the playoffs nicely.

There was a lot of discussion about McCoy on the first page, but not after. Any other thoughts? Week 1 may have been the sort of game where the starter gets rested because things spun out of control, wrong lessons may be taken from that. 

His yards more then doubled this week. You are good at math. Your username checks out though.
:lmao:  That's scary you play fantasy football without understanding game scripts.  I bet trade offers will be flooding in now for a guy with 68 total yards and no touchdowns. 

:lmao:  That's scary you play fantasy football without understanding game scripts.  I bet trade offers will be flooding in now for a guy with 68 total yards and no touchdowns. 
So did his value go up or down from week one? Only a derp would think it went down after an improvement. Good talk though.

You might've missed your window to trade Adrian Peterson, had a cake matchup and laid a dud out there...

Chris Hogan for a buy low?
Hell yes. After his hell schedule these first two games, he has for his next 6:

Sep 23 @Det  *9.02-----

Sep 30 Mia  *9.02-----

Oct 4 Ind  *8.04-----

Oct 14 KC  *7.81-----

Oct 21@Chi  *7.69-----

Oct 29  @Buf  *7.65-----

After Jacksonville shuts him down try to peddle a WR3/handcuff RB for him, something like that.

Bell's getting traded IMO

You might've missed your window to trade Adrian Peterson, had a cake matchup and laid a dud out there...

Sep 23 @Det  *9.02-----

Sep 30 Mia  *9.02-----

Oct 4 Ind  *8.04-----

Oct 14 KC  *7.81-----

Oct 21@Chi  *7.69-----

Oct 29  @Buf  *7.65-----

After Jacksonville shuts him down try to peddle a WR3/handcuff RB for him, something like that.
The problem with your theory is that in a couple weeks Edelman will be sucking up 8-10 targets.

The problem with your theory is that in a couple weeks Edelman will be sucking up 8-10 targets.
And he'll occupy the #1 cornerback while Hogan goes back to his intermediate/deep route like last year. Unless you think Dorsett or Patterson somehow surpassed him, his spot in the hierarchy has always been 3rd or 4th target, and it was money 2nd  half of the year last season.

Sep 23 @Det  *9.02-----

Sep 30 Mia  *9.02-----

Oct 4 Ind  *8.04-----

Oct 14 KC  *7.81-----

Oct 21@Chi  *7.69-----

Oct 29  @Buf  *7.65-----

Lol. Love the over reaction between every game in fantasy.

Like the overreaction that AP was now a RB1 last week? I mean people called it earlier in the week, we just didn't think it'd happen until week 3. Give me numbers or a statistical basis for your claim at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow I lucked out. Was gonna wait to offer the Howard owner ADP after the weekend thinking he would look better after the Indy game. I’m glad I threw it out there midweek and he accepted. 

Wow I lucked out. Was gonna wait to offer the Howard owner ADP after the weekend thinking he would look better after the Indy game. I’m glad I threw it out there midweek and he accepted. 
ADP for Howard straight up?  Jeez, if that guy did that trade last week, he's probably dumb enough to have done it after this week too.

ADP for Howard straight up?  Jeez, if that guy did that trade last week, he's probably dumb enough to have done it after this week too.
Haha no. ADP + TY for Howard + Kupp. And the rights to keep Howard in the 9th next year (main reason I wanted to do it). 

I’m actually thinking it’s a good sell high opportunity 
It's really tempting... now the narrative is like "Hey he got 2 TDs vs. a tough Jacksonville team! He must he real good!" I kinda need to see snap numbers for Dorsett/Patterson that says one of them are starting to eat into his snaps though.

Users who are viewing this thread