What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 Buy Low/ Sell High (Week 14-16) PLAYOFF targets (1 Viewer)

Little surprised. Ingram comes back Week 5 vs a tough Washington run defense.  Can you immediately insert him in the lineup?? ... then a BYE in Week 6 ... So he then comes back to face Baltimore, Minny, Rams in what could be must win games for your team to have any hopes of a playoff. Being 2-5 or 1-6 facing with Ingram against tough defenses.

I'd rather ship him to a team who is starting well for immediate help and get to 4-3 or 3-4 with an improved roster.
Pretty sure I knew all of that when I drafted him.  His value hasn't dropped since then. I'm 1-1 and sitting on Gurley-Ekeler-Lindsey-Kerryon-Morris-Barber.  I'm goin to try and package him to the Bell owner if anything.

Little surprised. Ingram comes back Week 5 vs a tough Washington run defense.  Can you immediately insert him in the lineup?? ... then a BYE in Week 6 ... So he then comes back to face Baltimore, Minny, Rams in what could be must win games for your team to have any hopes of a playoff. Being 2-5 or 1-6 facing with Ingram against tough defenses.

I'd rather ship him to a team who is starting well for immediate help and get to 4-3 or 3-4 with an improved roster.
This is a fair point. I would prob move Ingram if I was 0fer to start. I don’t think he is startable until week 10.

Pretty sure I knew all of that when I drafted him.  His value hasn't dropped since then. I'm 1-1 and sitting on Gurley-Ekeler-Lindsey-Kerryon-Morris-Barber.  I'm goin to try and package him to the Bell owner if anything.
Nobody has implied you did not know that  , the scenario was more for teams who started off poorly. 

It’s not going to be a 1:1 I’ll prob have to toss in someone like Hogan but I understand it makes no difference really lol 
I hear you.  Jordan is a good player (I'm trying to get him right now), but Tyreek is one of those guys that can win you a week by himself.  Good luck on adding him!

Not knowing your record , if you go 0-4 or 1-3 in before Ingram gets back would you be more inclined to move him ?
I didn't say I wouldn't move him, I said I wouldn't do it on the cheap. Come with a strong offer and I'll listen about anyone, come with a Chris Godwin, Matt Breida or ADP type offer and prepare to be laughed out of the room.

Last edited by a moderator:

Washington is not a defense you consider when deciding who to bench, it's also a home game. Joe Mixon did fine against Baltimore and I think Ingram has proven to be at least the player Mixon is if not better.

Minny (away) & the Rams (home) are tough outs without question but that doesn't mean you sell the guy you specifically drafted as a mid-season catalyst (and presumably prepared for the early season absence) on the cheap no matter what your record is.

Ingram was considered a top-10 RB redraft prospect this season and that hasn't changed.  I'll sell him but you need to be prepared to pay full market value no matter how desperate my team appears.

Regarding Ingram's value; if I am desperate and need to sell I don't negotiate with anyone exclusively, I send a blast to my league letting everyone know he is on the market and see if I can generate a bidding war.  When you value him as a target you can't just look at the record of the Ingram owner, you have to consider what every other team in your league might offer to acquire him. Presuming his owner is willing to sell and not an idiot.

Washington is not a defense you consider when deciding who to bench, it's also a home game. Joe Mixon did fine against Baltimore and I think Ingram has proven to be at least the player Mixon is if not better.

Minny (away) & the Rams (home) are tough outs without question but that doesn't mean you sell the guy you specifically drafted as a mid-season catalyst (and presumably prepared for the early season absence) on the cheap no matter what your record is.

Ingram was considered a top-10 RB redraft prospect this season and that hasn't changed.  I'll sell him but you need to be prepared to pay full market value no matter how desperate my team appears.
FBG has him RB14 rest of year with a big drop off around RB16 in points for the rest of the year in PPR.

Nobody is going to give you the value he deserves, except maybe the Kamara owner.

So if anyone got Ingram at this time, they'd be buying low for sure.

FBG has him RB14 rest of year with a big drop off around RB16 in points for the rest of the year in PPR.

Nobody is going to give you the value he deserves, except maybe the Kamara owner.

So if anyone got Ingram at this time, they'd be buying low for sure.
No one is selling low so I guess no one is acquiring him.

Last week I traded David Johnson and Mark Ingram for Todd Gurley.  Not a fan of how AZ looks and don't think Ingram will hold his value upon return. 

This is certainly a possible outcome but I would probably get a similarly accurate projection consulting Nostradamus instead.

But if they're right a high end RB2 RoS has serious value, particularly because you figure the first few games may be wonky meaning FBG likely projects him to be closer to RB8-10 from week 10 on (at least that's my guess).

Alex Collins. Dixon on the IR for at least half the season. Buck is a JAG. Healthy OL. 

Maybe can wait 1 more week and buy even cheaper, but if he shines against a solid DEN defense, nobody will sell. 

Alex Collins. Dixon on the IR for at least half the season. Buck is a JAG. Healthy OL. 

Maybe can wait 1 more week and buy even cheaper, but if he shines against a solid DEN defense, nobody will sell. 
Yeah, I think his value has definitely dropped but I am not sure I want him.  Two unusual games make it difficult to assess exactly what is going on in Baltimore but it sure looks a whole lot like what happened last year with inexplicably pulling him from the game and giving the short yardage stuff to Buck.  I was honestly thinking of picking up Buck off the WW because he seems to have some stand alone value in standard leagues and would definitely be a volume play if Collins gets hurt.

Yeah, I think his value has definitely dropped but I am not sure I want him.  Two unusual games make it difficult to assess exactly what is going on in Baltimore but it sure looks a whole lot like what happened last year with inexplicably pulling him from the game and giving the short yardage stuff to Buck.  I was honestly thinking of picking up Buck off the WW because he seems to have some stand alone value in standard leagues and would definitely be a volume play if Collins gets hurt.
I think the only reason he's a buy low is because of those two unusual games. 

But yeah, would be ideal to get both players just in case of injury or more fumbilitis. Speaking of fumbling, I assume that's why they are pulling him for Buck at the goal line.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I forgot to nominate a sell high:

Josh Gordon  :scared:

But yeah, would be ideal to get both players just in case of injury or more fumbilitis. Speaking of fumbling, I assume that's why they are pulling him for Buck at the goal line.

I totally agree and I might be looking to move him but wondering what to ask for. 

Plus, I've held him in redraft several times and 

1. I'm a sucker for him
  2. If the Pats go off with him it's a double dagger to the heart of this Jets fan. 
But I wonder what he'd reasonably bring if I put him on the block.  

I am certain that concerns about ball security are why Collins only gets limited short yardage/goal line opportunities.

And I am absolutely looking to see what market value is for Gordon. I will probably hold onto him for the same reason I will probably hold onto Ingram.  They both have potential to be major late season catalysts that push your team over the top (or spin off in an uncontrollable skid through the guard rail over the cliff exploding as it slams into the bottom of the rock quarry).

And I am absolutely looking to see what market value is for Gordon. I will probably hold onto him for the same reason I will probably hold onto Ingram.  They both have potential to be major late season catalysts that push your team over the top (or spin off in an uncontrollable skid through the guard rail over the cliff exploding as it slams into the bottom of the rock quarry).
Seconded. I wish I went with my gut and took Tyreek in the first with the sixth pick, but I didn't, and that seems like a regret now. I'd be thin at RB and could probably flip Gordon for an RB2/3-type of guy, which might have been enough.

Sell High on Chris Hogan. As the swing WR (can run short routes and deep), I can't see him being productive like last year now. He could've survived Edelman, but not him and Josh Gordon (assuming he sees the field by Week 4). I'd give Dorsett up for peanuts, his role will die once Gordon comes back.

Sell High on Chris Hogan. As the swing WR (can run short routes and deep), I can't see him being productive like last year now. He could've survived Edelman, but not him and Josh Gordon (assuming he sees the field by Week 4). I'd give Dorsett up for peanuts, his role will die once Gordon comes back.
I don't quite understand the hype on Hogan but I know there are people who love him so I totally agree.

But I still wouldn't expect much in return from any reasonably savvy owner.  He's getting 5 targets/game and I don't see that increasing with the return of Edelman and the addition of Gordon.

Seconded. I wish I went with my gut and took Tyreek in the first with the sixth pick, but I didn't, and that seems like a regret now. I'd be thin at RB and could probably flip Gordon for an RB2/3-type of guy, which might have been enough.
FWIW a long term, respected poster who wishes to remain anonymous just told me he was able to dish Gordon for Alex Collins in his 12 team, 0.5 PPR league.

That seems like a good RoI but definitely bears some risk.

I don't quite understand the hype on Hogan but I know there are people who love him so I totally agree.

But I still wouldn't expect much in return from any reasonably savvy owner.  He's getting 5 targets/game and I don't see that increasing with the return of Edelman and the addition of Gordon.
In fairness, that was the Hell schedule (Houston and Jacksonville), his outlook the next few was going to be the breakout but thanks to Garbage time, he got big points vs. the Jags. If you told me I could sell Hogan for a Matt Brieda or Gio Bernard, I'd do it. Look at some of these Yahoo! deals for Hogan; not everyone is savvy.  :P  

FWIW a long term, respected poster who wishes to remain anonymous just told me he was able to dish Gordon for Alex Collins in his 12 team, 0.5 PPR league.

That seems like a good RoI but definitely bears some risk.
Thanks for sharing, man.  

Washington shut down DJ in Week 1 for the most part. Indy backs were ineffective. Washington is defense is widely regarded as greatly improved..... time will tell if that will hold up.

Ingram was not in any top 10 RB I would pay credence too.... splitting time and missing 4 games is huge .... throw out playoffs Week s (13-16) to start that is 8 games to out perform guys with 12 games.......tough order with a tough schedule..... if you're lucky enough to make playoffs the he's still short 4 games. 

Gurley/DJ/Zeke/Bell/Gordon/Kamara/Cook/CMC/Hunt/Saquon/McCoy/Freeman /Fournette/Howard were all ahead of him preseason in most drafts...that's 14 easily.

Washington shut down DJ in Week 1 for the most part. Indy backs were ineffective. Washington is defense is widely regarded as greatly improved..... time will tell if that will hold up.

Ingram was not in any top 10 RB I would pay credence too.... splitting time and missing 4 games is huge .... throw out playoffs Week s (13-16) to start that is 8 games to out perform guys with 12 games.......tough order with a tough schedule..... if you're lucky enough to make playoffs the he's still short 4 games. 

Gurley/DJ/Zeke/Bell/Gordon/Kamara/Cook/CMC/Hunt/Saquon/McCoy/Freeman /Fournette/Howard were all ahead of him preseason in most drafts...that's 14 easily.
I said he would have been a top 12 drafted RB without the suspension. He would have been well ahead of some of those guys had he not been suspended (and McCoy doesn't belong on that list, I doubt many would trade Ingram for McCoy today). The time share didn't hurt Kamara or Ingram last year.

I don't expect him to finish RB10 or better overall because he is missing four games but I would not be surprised to see him perform as a top 10 RB (or better) from week 8-16.  I don't know why you would throw out playoff weeks, they're part of the reason you draft a guy like Ingram.

I'm looking at Cook.  Not doing much in terms of rushing.  His YPC is only 3.0.  Line is suspect.

But the talent is there, every down back, great offense.  

I'm looking at Cook.  Not doing much in terms of rushing.  His YPC is only 3.0.  Line is suspect.

But the talent is there, every down back, great offense.  
Disagree. Murray looks good and they alluded to using him more to keep Cook fresh off the injury.  I do not see Murray getting less than 35% of the team carries rest of season, which is about where he is at right now.

No offense but these are silly questions.  Every league is different.  Is the Cook owner 0-2?  It's about what you got to give and what the guy needs.
My only point is, generally speaking because of course every circumstance is different, you still need to come with strong offers to pry high value investments away from their owners. 

Every year we have this thread and every year guys make bad lowball offers early in the season for every high end player who is having a slow start to the season. "Yeah, but Matt Breida is leading the league in rushing. That's science!", "Chris Godwin has two TDs in two games that's like 16 TDs over a full season. MATH RULES!!!"  Those offers then get posted in one of the Worst trades you have been offered threads. 

Generally speaking 0-2 owners also have high priority on the WW and will opt to try and find the gem in poop stack to bolster their team rather than give up on their first round RB in week 2.

Sure, sometimes you hook a fish, and yes you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, but the other 99% of the time you are generally going to insult the guy or just get laughed out of the room.

@The Dude and to be fair, I do the same thing with low ball offers. I am not trying to hold myself above others with my commentary, and I can see how it may come off that way.

For example I am aggressively trying to dish Josh Gordon and am :bag:  at some of the offers I have made.

My latest is trying to get Jordan Howard for Gordon.  Totally going to get laughed out of the room on that one but I am prepared to up the ante with a quality player like...Alfred Morris or Chris Carson. :bag: :bag:

Someone offered me Bell and Cooks for Fournette and AJ Green.   I think he was actually serious.

Someone offered me Bell and Cooks for Fournette and AJ Green.   I think he was actually serious.
Fournette scares me. He’s a guy you have to hold your breath for every weekend in the hopes that he doesn’t end up on the injury report. 

Users who are viewing this thread