Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Gottabesweet

Week 7 Buy Low/ Sell High

Ryan Fitzpatrick (If named the starter) - When he starts to turn into a pumpkin in a month or so you don't want to be the one holding the bag. Also he will have Winston looking over his shoulder, no way they sit him all year.

Edited by The Frankman

6 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

It's really tempting... now the narrative is like "Hey he got 2 TDs vs. a tough Jacksonville team! He must he real good!" I kinda need to see snap numbers for Dorsett/Patterson that says one of them are starting to eat into his snaps though.

From what I saw, he played mostly in the slot, which means Edelman will come back and take those looks.

They will probably bench Patterson and Hogan takes his snaps on the outside, but Dorsett looks pretty good and Brady seems to trust him. 

I'm looking to move Ingram + Hogans for a big upgrade at WR. 

16 minutes ago, Elevencents said:

Haha no. ADP + TY for Howard + Kupp. And the rights to keep Howard in the 9th next year (main reason I wanted to do it). 

ah ok thats closer.  Still like that for you though.

Although I still believe the Bears will turn it around in respect to their run game and Howard, I’ve been presented an opportunity to sell Howard pretty high after a bad game, and acquire Tyreek (semi-low?) that involves Howard and a throw in.

I have to hop on this if my WRs are weak, yeah? 

Edited by hamsterdam

4 minutes ago, hamsterdam said:

Although I still believe the Bears will turn it around in respect to their run game and Howard, I’ve been presented an opportunity to sell Howard pretty high after a bad game, and acquire Tyreek (semi-low?) that involves Howard and a throw in.

Yes. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hamsterdam said:

Yes. Hill is looking like a top tier player. Howard is not. Do it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hamsterdam said:

I would trade Howard for Tyreek in a heartbeat, as long as my RBs were deep enough.

• Like 1

Week 3 Buy/Low - Sell High starts here.

Anyone cashing in off Mahomes?

Selling high on Golden Tate? 15 and 13 targets in two catch-up games.  7 catches each game.

Any frustrated Ingram owners at 0-2?

Thielen might be the most un-sexy player that hovers in the WR14 range ROS that you can't even upgrade into the top 10.

On 9/16/2018 at 1:38 PM, Weebs210 said:

So did his value go up or down from week one? Only a derp would think it went down after an improvement. Good talk though.

Bills are 17 point underdogs (worst spot for RBs but you don't know that) with a team total of 12 this week.  I bet you got flooded with incredible trade offers.  :lmao: 

Just now, Gottabesweet said:

Week 3 Buy/Low - Sell High starts here.

Anyone cashing in off Mahomes?

Selling high on Golden Tate? 15 and 13 targets in two catch-up games.  7 catches each game.

Any frustrated Ingram owners at 0-2?

Thielen might be the most un-sexy player that hovers in the WR14 range ROS that you can't even upgrade into the top 10.

No way I would trade Mahomes.  Their secondary is terrible and their defense has already given up over 1000 yards this season.  The Vegas total for their game this week is 56 which is ridiculous.  Plus, his starts have been on the road.. can't wait to see what he does at Arrowhead.

• Like 4

I'm curious to see what Ingram owners are getting for him.  He seems like a good buy low candidate.  Hopefully the Saints running game picks up by the time he comes back.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Donkey Derp said:

Bills are 17 point underdogs (worst spot for RBs but you don't know that) with a team total of 12 this week.  I bet you got flooded with incredible trade offers.  :lmao: 

Hi derp. You seem salty my friend. Let's see how this plays out over at least 1/4th of the season. McCoy can catch so it's not a terrible spot for a RB who can catch.

11 minutes ago, Donkey Derp said:

No way I would trade Mahomes.  Their secondary is terrible and their defense has already given up over 1000 yards this season.  The Vegas total for their game this week is 56 which is ridiculous.  Plus, his starts have been on the road.. can't wait to see what he does at Arrowhead.

Yep. Although there's virtually no chance he keeps this up all year, it's really hard to sell him.

I was offered Winston, Derrick Henry and Jonnu Smith for Mahomes and my 1st. I had to laugh, even without the first that's not enough.

• Like 1

Just now, Weebs210 said:

Hi derp. You seem salty my friend. Let's see how this plays out over at least 1/4th of the season. McCoy can catch so it's not a terrible spot for a RB who can catch.

lol the shark move is to draft a guy in an early round that is worthless for at least 1/4 of the season.  

Besides, why would I be salty?  I'm not the one that made the mistake of drafting a RB on a team with the worst graded OL, terrible QB situation, bad defense, possible personal issues, and one of the lowest Vegas win totals for the season.  Those game scripts for a RB though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Donkey Derp said:

lol the shark move is to draft a guy in an early round that is worthless for at least 1/4 of the season.  

Besides, why would I be salty?  I'm not the one that made the mistake of drafting a RB on a team with the worst graded OL, terrible QB situation, bad defense, possible personal issues, and one of the lowest Vegas win totals for the season.  Those game scripts for a RB though.

I took him in one league in the 5th. Hard to say it's a mistake after week 2. Show us on the doll where McCoy touched you.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, abbottjamesr said:

Last chance to buy S. Michel at a reasonable price.  The Lions D made Brieda look good and my guess is they make Michel look really good.  

Breida is no slouch and Michelle is a bust. 

2 minutes ago, Slider said:

Breida is no slouch and Michelle is a bust. 

I don't think Breida is bad, but the Lions D made him look much better than he is.

How is Michelle a bust?  He's only played one game against the best D in the league.

anyhow, if you like Michelle you better try to get him this week.

Edited by abbottjamesr
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

I took him in one league in the 5th. Hard to say it's a mistake after week 2. Show us on the doll where McCoy touched you.

That's one heck of a coincidence you were able to draft an underperforming RB several rounds later than everyone else on this planet.

• Like 1

Just now, Donkey Derp said:

That's one heck of a coincidence you were able to draft an underperforming RB several rounds later than everyone else on this planet.

Not sure what to tell you. Probably people in my league had your same views. I wasn't interested in him prior to that round so it was worth the gamble to me. 

3 minutes ago, Donkey Derp said:

I saw him into the late 4th/early 5th's later in the pre-season.  More people have been staying away due to concerns of offense/groin injury/suspension.  

Upside is there, unfortunately tons of risk to boot.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, abbottjamesr said:

Last chance to buy S. Michel at a reasonable price.  The Lions D made Brieda look good and my guess is they make Michel look really good.  

Patriots rarely use their high draft picks.  If an organization with that much long term success had faith in a position as replaceable as a RB, it's worth the gamble.  

Gillislee and Burkhead had two of the top success rates for RBs before signing with the Patriots.  I don't think there is any question they look at advanced statistics when it comes to their player signings/drafts.

14 minutes ago, cloppbeast said:

Eric Ebron isn't seeing the field much.

We knew this going into the season.  Doyle has the starting job on lockdown because he can do more and knows the offense.

Ebron was expected to come in and play 60%~ of the snaps but be targeted a lot when he's in the game. This is exactly how it's played out.

He's exactly what people wanted in a TE2 - solid floor but limited upside in a potentially good offense.  I'm not trading him.

I keep reading how Doyle is the greatest blocking tight end the coaching staff has ever seen.  That's going to keep him on the field, and unfortunately back to block.  

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Keenan Allen = buy low?

Had a great game week 1.

6 for 67 week two.  I don't imagine anyone panicking too much there, but if you can get him on the low, absolutely. 

52 minutes ago, UofMAce said:

I'm curious to see what Ingram owners are getting for him.  He seems like a good buy low candidate.  Hopefully the Saints running game picks up by the time he comes back.

Good luck with that.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:14 PM, zoonation said:

I don’t think Cook is a sell high. Cooper is terrible and Carr is scared in the pocket.  He is his safety blanket and a beast with the ball.  I see top 5 TE upside this year. 

We've had a whole career to evaluate this guy. He flashes for a game or two or three each season but disappears every other week.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

We've had a whole career to evaluate this guy. He flashes for a game or two or three each season but disappears every other week.

Disagree. Guys Blossom late. It happens in new offenses. Cook looks quicker and stronger at the contact point than I ever remember seeing in STL or even GB

Justin Forsett comes to mind

Just now, packer_junkie said:

Disagree. Guys Blossom late. It happens in new offenses. Cook looks quicker and stronger at the contact point than I ever remember seeing in STL or even GB

Justin Forsett comes to mind

We'll see - being quick and strong was never an issue. He was always a good athlete - he's not a great football player though. He's teased before - maybe Gruden force feeds him though. It wouldn't be the most wacky thing he's done since taking over.

30 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Raiders defense should be a lot worse this year.  That will generate more games where Oakland is passing late in the 4th.  I would hold.

1 hour ago, UofMAce said:

As an Ingram owner you would have to come at me with a very strong offer. No way am I selling low on a guy I knew on draft day would not provide RoI until week 6 and drafted accordingly. Additionally I would not sell low when that guy would have been one of the first 12 RBs drafted without the suspension. Even more so when the Saints are, so far, averaging 2.9 ypc with Kamara leading the way at 3.6 ypc, which indicates (to me) that they will look to Ingram a lot to help bolster the running game when he returns.

No, he is not a buy low.

• Like 6

I'm thinking that now is a good time to make an offer for Goodwin.  He didn't have much involvement before getting hurt and he's coming off an injury.  His owner may sell cheap.  I know because I own him and strongly considered a fairly weak offer where he was a throw in because I wasn't valuing him very highly...before I thought through things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Keenan Allen = buy low?

Been trying to negotiate for him for the last 2 days.... seems most owners still value him where they drafted.

I shifted my sights in two league on 0-2 Edleman owners ..... one lost Freeman and the other one just has a sub par team..... trying to see if they will panic.

13 minutes ago, Chaka said:

As an Ingram owner you would have to come at me with a very strong offer. No way am I selling low on a guy I knew on draft day would not provide RoI until week 6 and drafted accordingly. Additionally I would not sell low when that guy would have been one of the first 12 RBs drafted without the suspension. Even more so when the Saints are, so far, averaging 2.9 ypc with Kamara leading the way at 3.6 ypc, which indicates (to me) that they will look to Ingram a lot to help bolster the running game when he returns.

No, he is not a buy low.

Not knowing your record , if you go 0-4 or 1-3 in before Ingram gets back would you be more inclined to move him ?

10 minutes ago, Wu-banger said:

Not knowing your record , if you go 0-4 or 1-3 in before Ingram gets back would you be more inclined to move him ?

No.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wu-banger said:

I own Ingram & could use help at QB & TE, but I can’t agine I’d sell low.

33 minutes ago, solorca said:

I'm thinking that now is a good time to make an offer for Goodwin.  He didn't have much involvement before getting hurt and he's coming off an injury.  His owner may sell cheap.  I know because I own him and strongly considered a fairly weak offer where he was a throw in because I wasn't valuing him very highly...before I thought through things.

If I didn’t own Goodwin I agree, I think now is the perfect opportunity to try and get him. 

10 minutes ago, Bayhawks said:

I own Ingram & could use help at QB & TE, but I can’t agine I’d sell low.

It's the same discussion every year.  Guys think you didn't take the suspension into account or something and you might take a small bump in EV for 2 weeks for a drop in the following 8-12.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Short Corner said:

No.  

Little surprised. Ingram comes back Week 5 vs a tough Washington run defense.  Can you immediately insert him in the lineup?? ... then a BYE in Week 6 ... So he then comes back to face Baltimore, Minny, Rams in what could be must win games for your team to have any hopes of a playoff. Being 2-5 or 1-6 facing with Ingram against tough defenses.

I'd rather ship him to a team who is starting well for immediate help and get to 4-3 or 3-4 with an improved roster.

4 minutes ago, Donkey Derp said:

The guy tied for 16th in ytd targets is a buy low? :loco:

guy in my league put him on the block is 0-2

Not everyone is in all shark leagues, some play in office leagues etc.  You'd be surprised at the various trades you thought you could NEVER get that happen because someone made a trade and posted it in here.

7 minutes ago, Donkey Derp said:

The guy tied for 16th in ytd targets is a buy low? :loco:

16th in targets but was drafted to be Top 8 in targets ..... some people panic after starting 0-2

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wu-banger said:

16th in targets but was drafted to be Top 8 in targets ..... some people panic after starting 0-2

I was close last week with Thielen/Ingram package for Allen.  I'm not sure I want to re-visit it this week as my only other RB got banged up.  Melvin Gordon

Edited by Gottabesweet