What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Beat the Score (1 Viewer)

topman

Footballguy
There is a new game this year on FanDuel unless it was there last year and I missed it called Beat the Score.  Unless I am missing something there is very slim chance of winning money on this game. Your full roster you have to score 80 points and you get a share of the pot.

I entered last week just to convince myself I was not missing something and all but 5 of the 17,435 people that entered won $.86 but paid in $1.00 to enter.  I know scores were a little higher last week but I would have to imagine almost every week most everyone scores at least 80 points in a cash lineup.

Any thoughts on this game?

There is a new game this year on FanDuel unless it was there last year and I missed it called Beat the Score.  Unless I am missing something there is very slim chance of winning money on this game. Your full roster you have to score 80 points and you get a share of the pot.

I entered last week just to convince myself I was not missing something and all but 5 of the 17,435 people that entered won $.86 but paid in $1.00 to enter.  I know scores were a little higher last week but I would have to imagine almost every week most everyone scores at least 80 points in a cash lineup.

Any thoughts on this game?
I must have been in the same game, also won .86. I think maybe the 100 one could be promising. Did you look at the bottom team, it’s a bunch of nobodies. Shenanigans.

Im going to try the $3 100pt one this week, we’ll see how that goes. I’m thinking that if I cash it will be for like 3.75 and really end up not worth the risk. 

About 2000 teams didn’t make the cut in the 100pt $3 contest. It paid $2.80 to those that out scored 100pts.

I think a beat the score at 125 could be interesting. 

Last edited by a moderator:
was looking at this while perusing contests...pretty interesting. the higher the buy-in, the less people entered and higher the score you have to beat.

with $15K guaranteed:
* $7 buy, there's 2521 people and you have to beat 110 points
* $12 buy is 1470 people and 90 points (weird that it's less than the $7 one...)
* $25 buy is 705 people and 125 points

with $6K guaranteed:
* $100 buy is 68 people and 135 points

like if you have a lineup you like, the sweet spot seems to be the $25 buy-in. if 70% of the entries hit the points, you would make about $30 bucks. almost like a glorified double up.

was looking at this while perusing contests...pretty interesting. the higher the buy-in, the less people entered and higher the score you have to beat.

with $15K guaranteed:
* $7 buy, there's 2521 people and you have to beat 110 points
* $12 buy is 1470 people and 90 points (weird that it's less than the $7 one...)
* $25 buy is 705 people and 125 points

with $6K guaranteed:
* $100 buy is 68 people and 135 points

like if you have a lineup you like, the sweet spot seems to be the $25 buy-in. if 70% of the entries hit the points, you would make about $30 bucks. almost like a glorified double up.
Risk $25 to win $5? No thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread