What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drop Chubb for Conner? (dynasty) (1 Viewer)

BigJonE300

Footballguy
16-team PPR dynasty league with a limit of 3-RBs per team.  We start 1-RB, 2-WR, 2-Flex.  I have Johnson, Barber and Chubb at RB, Hilton, Goodwin, John Brown, Kirk and Washington at WR.  Compounding issues is that I've got a 2-year contract on Chubb, meaning I have him through the 2020 season.  If I make this move, his contract is done and I've only got a one year on Conner. I'm spending some of my budget on WRs, but I'm not opposed to spending right now.  Brandon Marshall and Quincy Enunwa are both getting bids.  Do I bid some (meaning a chunk) of my FAAB on Conner, forcing me to drop Chubb?

I have never played dynasty before, but if you are looking for the long run I would think keeping Chubb would be the smart move here.

Don't mean to sound like an ###, but what kind of dynasty league only allows you to roster 3 RB's total?  Hard to hold somebody like Chubb for the future if he's not helping you this year, and he's taking up 33% of your RB bench

Don't mean to sound like an ###, but what kind of dynasty league only allows you to roster 3 RB's total?  Hard to hold somebody like Chubb for the future if he's not helping you this year, and he's taking up 33% of your RB bench
No worries at all. It's a brand new league, just started up this season.  Because of the size of the league there isn't much depth at the position.  I think the idea behind the rule is to prevent any single owner from overloading at RB.  We have pretty short benches, only 5 deep and that includes IDPs (we start 2, 3, 2).  We do utilize a "practice squad" where we can place people on a bye, suspended or ruled out and pick up a one week fill in but that player has to be cut after the weekend.  I enjoy making the tough decisions like this though.  It's much more rewarding when one pays off to me.

I would drop Barber for Connor. If Bell comes back it hurts you but it is fairly safe to assume it is going to be Connors team next year and Bell may not show up anytime soon. Worth the risk imho.

Seconded on dropping barber. He’s not the long term answer there. Does owning Conner this year give you an advantage in signing him next year? That would be a massive boon if so. Either way, drop Barber

I would drop Barber for Connor. If Bell comes back it hurts you but it is fairly safe to assume it is going to be Connors team next year and Bell may not show up anytime soon. Worth the risk imho.
Agree here.  In a new dynasty I want to own Connor for next year any ways.

Please see mine...............https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/770219-trading-for-a-qb-in-a-2qbsuperflex-league/

Seconded on dropping barber. He’s not the long term answer there. Does owning Conner this year give you an advantage in signing him next year? That would be a massive boon if so. Either way, drop Barber
No advantage for next year.  Free agents go back into the auction pool at the end of the year.  As of right now, I will have Johnson and Chubb coming back next season as I have contracts on them.  Barber is a one year player for me, meaning he isn't part of my long term plans anyways.  If I win bidding on Conner, no way I can keep him next year either.  I would have to bid on him during the auction.

No advantage for next year.  Free agents go back into the auction pool at the end of the year.  As of right now, I will have Johnson and Chubb coming back next season as I have contracts on them.  Barber is a one year player for me, meaning he isn't part of my long term plans anyways.  If I win bidding on Conner, no way I can keep him next year either.  I would have to bid on him during the auction.
Then Barber for Conner is the way to go. Especially if Barber is only a 1 year guy anyway

My 16 team dynasty is the same.  It does suck, but I guess the other owners fear hoarding.  It does limit the strategy imo.

Users who are viewing this thread