What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New to IDP (1 Viewer)

umma10

Footballguy
Below is My Team: I'm not sure if this is a good group of IDP players and if I should hit the WW

Glover Quin Det - S 

Darius Slay Det - CB 

Stephon Gilmore NE - CB

Aaron Donald LAR - DT 

Damon Harrison Sr. NYG - DT

Ndamukong Suh LAR - DT

Reggie Ragland KC - LB

Haason Reddick Ari - LB

Avery Williamson NYJ - LB

Jamie Collins Sr. Cle - LB 

Justin Houston KC - LB 

Jabaal Sheard Ind - LB,DE 

Does your league distinguish DT from DE?  Guessing not since you only list one DE.  Donald is elite, but generally DT don’t score as well as DE so I’d be looking to replace Harrison and Suh.

Middle of the road at LB, and big-play focused rather than tackle-focused.  Whether that’s good or bad depends on your scoring system.  Collins, Houston tend to be bettter real football players than consisten fantasy producers but both capable of strong weeks.

CB are usually interchangeable parts...you could probably use more at safety though.  Like DE vs DT, safeties tend to outscore corners and score more consistently.

In order to evaluate your team we need to know the scoring system and starting requirements.  That is the primary factor in determining the type of team you have.

Solo Tackle - 2pts

Tackle Assist - 1pt

Sack - 3pts

Interception - 3pts

Forced Fumble - 2pts

Fumble Recovery - 2pts

Touchdown - 6pts

Safety - 2pts

Pass Defended - 1pt

Blocked FG - 2pts

EXT PT Returned - 2pts

Start: 4 DB's / 3 DL's / 4 LB's

Based on your scoring system being tackle heavy (2pt per tackle vs 3 pts for a sack) you need to target tackle producers at LB.  Most of the LB's you have are better suited for big play scoring systems where you get 4+ pts per sack vs 1 pt per tackle.  Guys like Houston, Sheard, and Reddick are more geared to that type scoring.  These are all lower level scorers in your type scoring.

Secondly DT usually don't score as well as DE.  You have some of the upper tier DT but Donald is probably the only one that ranks up with the top DL scorers in this type of scoring. 

DB's are a crapshoot and you can always find the flavor of the month on the waiver wire.  For future use, typically hold off on using high draft capital on DB's.  They are the kickers of the IDP world.  Work the waiver wire and you should be find although I find it strange you have to start 4 DB's but only have three rostered. 

I would work the waiver wire and the only must hold guys on your roster are Donald and possibly Williamson.  Look for 3-down LB's that get tackles as that will be the most important IDP position you have based on your scoring and starting requirements.  Maybe guys like Milano, Warner, Leonard could still be on your waivers.  I would look to pick them up. 

ETA:  You may be able to get Duke Riley off waivers if you hurry.  With D. Jones going down I would take a chance with Riley as he could be a 3 down guy moving forward and should be on waivers.

Last edited by a moderator:
With that scoring you want to be starting:

4 SS. CB & FS will be highly variable since they need INT/PD to make up for the tackles they won't get reliably, which the SS will get.

3 DE. They should be 4-3 DEs, as the 3-4 DE doesn't get as many tackle opportunities. 

4 MLB. ILB from 3-4 and MLB from 4-3 are the best, WLB is good, as well. However, the most important factor is 3-down LB which is not something you'll find on depth charts. Some ILB / MLB guys will only be "2 down thumpers" and coming off the field in passing situations will severely limit their tackle opportunities and, therefore, their production. 

Based on that, I'd say that the guys on your roster worth keeping are:

Donald - an exception to the DE over DT rule because he's an uber stud. 

Williamson - ILB that should have solid opportunity (not sure if he was 3-down, though)

Sheard - DE in the system you want, though there's room for improvement.

There's a "3-down LB" thread in the IDP section and the "Jibber Jabber" thread there is worth following, among others. 

Maybe post the top 10 FA at each of S, DE, LB? Or a link to your league if it's public. 

Ideally, you're going to drop most of the guys on your list for upgrades. For now, start by dropping Reddick with his 18% of snaps. 

I can get Riley, who would you drop?
I agree that Reddick is probably the first drop option.  I would generally say a DB should be but you don't have any spare DB's so you have to keep them all.  I would also bet that there are quite a few upgrades at DB on your wire to replace all your DB's. 

As Flying Elvis said, posting some waiver options at each position could give us some choices to comment on for pickups. 

Connor Barwin NYG - LB

Vontaze Burfict Cin - LB

De'Vondre Campbell Atl - LB 

Malcolm Smith SF - LB

Rashaan Evans Ten - LB

Leonard Floyd Chi - LB

Ryan Kerrigan Was - LB

Whitney Mercilus Hou - LB

Oren Burks GB - LB

Elandon Roberts NE - LB

Mason Foster Was - LB

Patrick Onwuasor Bal - LB

Craig Robertson NO - LB

Ronald Darby Phi - CB

Damarious Randall Cle - CB

Chris Harris Jr. Den - CB

Eric Berry KC - S 

Deshazor Everett Was - S

Mike Adams Car - S

D.J. Swearinger Sr. Was - S

Chris Conte TB - S

Minkah Fitzpatrick Mia - S

A.J. Bouye Jax - CB

Marcus Maye NYJ - S

Markus Golden Ari - LB,DE

David Irving Dal - DT

Olivier Vernon NYG - LB,DE

Muhammad Wilkerson GB - DE

Sheldon Richardson Min - DT

Leonard Williams NYJ - DE

Larry Ogunjobi Cle - DT

Derek Wolfe Den - DE

Malcom Brown NE - DT

Dion Jordan Sea - DE

Chris Jones KC - DE

Grady Jarrett Atl - DT

Kenny Clark GB - DT

Adrian Clayborn NE - DE

I took this team over so it was pretty much dropped on me. I do appreciate all this help, you guys are amazing...

Vontaze Burfict Cin - Good add for your team but suspended for 2 more weeks. Top 5 potential from there on with high chance of furter suspension due to noodle brain. TNF game means you have to wait until waivers next week, anyway.

Malcolm Smith SF - Watchlist. He didn't play last week, doesn't look great for this week and may lose spot to Warner/Foster once Foster's 2 week suspension is over.

Rashaan Evans Ten - Massive upside. Should start this week after missing week 1 to injury. Tough to put into starting lineup this week but if you don't grab him now you'll likely have to use a bid/claim on him later.

Mason Foster - 70% of snaps lead the team defensively. Good add compared to OLBs on your team.

Look for:
Fred Warner - SF LB - Huge week 1 so you probably missed the boat already. 
Kenny Young - BAL LB - Mosley could miss a week or 3, Young looked great last night. TNF game means you have to wait until waivers next week. 
Kyzir White - LAC LB - Snap count is likely to rise and seems to be starting over Jatavis Brown.
Dee Ford - KC - Watchlist? Not ready to beleive he doesn't suck still but 89% of snaps puts him in 3 down LB territory. 

Eric Berry KC - Good add, great safety. Injured last season and missed week 1. Currently at risk of missing week 2 so if you don't have roster space you may have to wait. Definite upgrade to your DB squad and has top 5 potential based on talent, experience, and a weak looking D overall that should make most KC games shootouts.

D.J. Swearinger Sr. - FS but he is actually a pretty consistent scorer for FF purposes. Good add, as is his SS counterpart, Montae Nicholson. I'd take the SS when possible and wouldn't want both but they are both at 100% of snaps.

Chris Conte TB - Better than carrying a CB but total JAG that belongs on the wire.

Markus Golden Ari - Injured last season and hasn't quite made it back but should be a decent add once he's playing again. 

Not liking the rest the DT/DE list you posted. Maybe someone else does... I'm notoriously bad with DE and am always churning through the waiver wire fodder. 

Recommendations:
LB: Add Rashaan Evans TEN / Duke Riley ATL / Mason Foster WAS (drop Ragland / Reddick / Houston)
Keep Williamson and Collins. Foster & Collins are both droppable for guys like Young BAL, Warner SF, Burfict (if room / after susp.), and Kyzir White if his snap count climbs as some of us here expect.

DB: Add DJ Swearinger WAS / Montae Nicholson WAS / Eric Berry* KC *if playing or roster space allows. (drop Quin / Slay / Gilmore)

DL: Keep Donald / Harrison / Suh until Golden is ready to play. Or follow someone else's instructions that does better with DL than me. :D

Flying Elvis provided some good advice.  Since he asked for DL help I will put in my two cents:

I would keep an eye on Leonard Williams.  Jets defense looked solid and he should put up good numbers.  Week one wasn't great in the tackle numbers but he put some pressure on the QB.  He will get his sacks.  Probably wouldn't add him over Donald, Harrison, or Suh just yet but he might warrant it in a bit. 

Vernon is someone else that I would keep an eye on.  He is injured right now but when healthy should be a solid contributor for the DL.

Other than that the pickins are pretty slim on the DL from your list. 

Users who are viewing this thread