What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Deion Jones LB ATL - OUT (1 Viewer)

Bossman

Footballguy
Wavers are over, now safe to discuss....

Talent seems to fall off a cliff for ATL at LB behind IR'd Deion Jones.

Duke Riley the next man up?  ... 3 down LB or will we see a committee fill the void? 

I just feel like we won’t actually know, till the next game plays out. I don’t think any coach would make any commitment to a back up player. I made space and grabbed them both off the WW, just hoping one steps up. Start either at your own risk this week. 

I just feel like we won’t actually know, till the next game plays out. I don’t think any coach would make any commitment to a back up player. I made space and grabbed them both off the WW, just hoping one steps up. Start either at your own risk this week. 
Do you mean Riley and Campbell?

My personal feeling is Riley, Campbell stays put on the strong side, Foye is next in line if Riley sucks. But I wouldn’t start any of them this week. 

Who benefits the most from the Jones and Neal injuries?  Riley, Campbell, or is the shark play to grab Kazee?

I grabbed Kazee, Foye and Riley. But I am deep at those positions so I can see how they each do before trying to start or trade them. 

i am more interested to see how Kazee's tendencies translates to playing as a starter now. he's been a playmaker in limited duty, what's it look like with a ton of snaps now?

really, really hoping Jones comes back in 5-6 weeks. They designated him to return, so hopefully that happens. All I've seen from the report is that he had a "procedure" with his foot, and a comment that it wasn't a lisfranc injury. 

Feet can be really tricky though - especially considering DJones' sideline to sideline style.  

I'm really hoping Jones comes back when eligible - as it turns out I'm pretty stacked at LB with Leonard, Vigil, Burfict & a suddenly fantastic Kiko Alonso, but Deion Jones is a special talent when healthy. 

I'm really hoping Jones comes back when eligible - as it turns out I'm pretty stacked at LB with Leonard, Vigil, Burfict & a suddenly fantastic Kiko Alonso, but Deion Jones is a special talent when healthy. 
I wouldn't expect too much out of him if he comes back.  Foot injuries are problems for speed guys and it will likely slow his pursuit.  He will still be good but probably not his usual studliness this year if he comes back. 

I wouldn't expect too much out of him if he comes back.  Foot injuries are problems for speed guys and it will likely slow his pursuit.  He will still be good but probably not his usual studliness this year if he comes back. 
I agree feet can be an issue - what i’d iitially heard was this was correctable with the procedure he had, and was not the dreaded Lisfranc injury. 

That’s reportedly why the Falcons used the 8 week DFR IR as opposed to the “put for the season” IR. 

So....time will tell;  but for now I’d say he’s a hold. Even if he’s 85%, that’s still better tha 80% of the LBs out there. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread