Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bossman

Deion Jones LB ATL - OUT

Wavers are over, now safe to discuss....

Talent seems to fall off a cliff for ATL at LB behind IR'd Deion Jones.

Duke Riley the next man up?  ... 3 down LB or will we see a committee fill the void? 

I just feel like we won’t actually know, till the next game plays out. I don’t think any coach would make any commitment to a back up player. I made space and grabbed them both off the WW, just hoping one steps up. Start either at your own risk this week. 

24 minutes ago, The Claymaker said:

I just feel like we won’t actually know, till the next game plays out. I don’t think any coach would make any commitment to a back up player. I made space and grabbed them both off the WW, just hoping one steps up. Start either at your own risk this week. 

Do you mean Riley and Campbell?

i am more interested to see how Kazee's tendencies translates to playing as a starter now. he's been a playmaker in limited duty, what's it look like with a ton of snaps now?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

Kazee had 3 early tackles but has now been ejected for helmet hit on Cam Newton

i saw thought too. kid plays very loose, physical and aggressive. looks like those qualities got the better of him.

Ricardo Allen current SS for ATL is lost for the year with torn achilles injury. Big bump for Kazee now.

really, really hoping Jones comes back in 5-6 weeks. They designated him to return, so hopefully that happens. All I've seen from the report is that he had a "procedure" with his foot, and a comment that it wasn't a lisfranc injury. 

Feet can be really tricky though - especially considering DJones' sideline to sideline style.  

20 minutes ago, RushHour said:

They won't....but they could move Oluokun to safety.

they'd be better off with Kemal Ishmael at SS, where he has played, and Kazee to FS.

I'm really hoping Jones comes back when eligible - as it turns out I'm pretty stacked at LB with Leonard, Vigil, Burfict & a suddenly fantastic Kiko Alonso, but Deion Jones is a special talent when healthy. 

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I'm really hoping Jones comes back when eligible - as it turns out I'm pretty stacked at LB with Leonard, Vigil, Burfict & a suddenly fantastic Kiko Alonso, but Deion Jones is a special talent when healthy. 

I wouldn't expect too much out of him if he comes back.  Foot injuries are problems for speed guys and it will likely slow his pursuit.  He will still be good but probably not his usual studliness this year if he comes back. 

2 minutes ago, DarkKnightsGuru said:

vigil only had 70 percent snaps this week 

And yet was more productive than Burfict.  I’m still high on him. 

1 hour ago, Gally said:

I wouldn't expect too much out of him if he comes back.  Foot injuries are problems for speed guys and it will likely slow his pursuit.  He will still be good but probably not his usual studliness this year if he comes back. 

I agree feet can be an issue - what i’d iitially heard was this was correctable with the procedure he had, and was not the dreaded Lisfranc injury. 

That’s reportedly why the Falcons used the 8 week DFR IR as opposed to the “put for the season” IR. 

So....time will tell;  but for now I’d say he’s a hold. Even if he’s 85%, that’s still better tha 80% of the LBs out there. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Like 1

On 10/22/2018 at 7:53 PM, Mr. Peterson said:

Not watching the game but interested to see how this Foye Oluokun is playing.  

some tackles but nothing much else.