What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bloomberg 2020 (2 Viewers)

One bit of truth is that farms are staying in the family. 88% of farms in Minnesota are family operations.

http://www.startribune.com/number-of-minnesota-farms-declines-8-percent/257701871/

Many small family farm operations like mine have incorporated for tax and liability reasons. My incorporated farm operation has only one full time employee...me
That is great to hear (couldn’t open the link without a subscription to the Trib). My grandfather had a farm in Alexandria. It is still in the extended family after 120+ years.  I always enjoyed going up to the farm as a kid as he always had a plan for the day and was known for the quality of his Holsteins.

What context changes the broader point of what he's talking about in an IT comparison?  For the record, I think there's definitely brain power and skills needed for IT, but its also extremely process oriented as well.  Bloomberg could surely "teach" that as well as he could as teach someone to farm.  But thinking farming is a five step deal feels to me like the old adage you can learn golf in 20 minutes but spend your life trying to master it.  
Or that coal miners can just drop everything and learn to code.

CletiusMaximus said:
I've voted third party in almost every presidential election since I turned 18.  This year, I've grown comfortable with the concept of supporting whomever wins the democratic primary, even though I've never been a democrat.  But it stops with Bloomberg for me.  Absolutely no way I vote for this man, ever.  I'd just vote the undercard and leave the presidential race blank. 
This is pretty much me at this point and the more and more that comes out, the more and more I fall into this category.  If he really does choose Hillary as a running mate, it seals the deal.

Sweet Lord - could you imagine a Trump/Pence v. Bloomberg/Hillary matchup?  Four people who quite frankly I think are <redacted>.  Definition of race to the bottom.
I guess it'd be entertaining to watch the current day GOPers decide between the two options.  They really couldn't go wrong if that were to happen  :shrug:  

Just heard on the news that Bloomberg has spent $400 million on the campaign so far after entering a little over 2 months ago. The next highest spend is Bernie's campaign, which has been at this for a year, at $40 million. 

And now all the media is talking about is Bloomberg Bloomberg Bloomberg. Pete and Amy, who just had some big "wins" in the primary aren't even in the conversation anymore. 

I'm really disgusted with this. 

Just heard on the news that Bloomberg has spent $400 million on the campaign so far after entering a little over 2 months ago. The next highest spend is Bernie's campaign, which has been at this for a year, at $40 million. 

And now all the media is talking about is Bloomberg Bloomberg Bloomberg. Pete and Amy, who just had some big "wins" in the primary aren't even in the conversation anymore. 

Amy is probably glad that Bloomberg is taking attention away from her Aleppo moment...

Last edited by a moderator:
It really does feel like the 2008 Republicans are taking over the Democrat party (in public this time!) and the MSNBC brand democrats are giddy about it
It's been pretty clear for quite some time, that both parties are on the same path, just different points along it.  As each day passes, that becomes more and more clear.  The only real question is what happens with all those left after the fracture on both sides is complete.  Right now those who have bailed on the GOP because of their recent turn for the worse are looking at the Democrats.  I'm not sure they realize, they are firmly on a piece of the pie that is fracturing away from the whole as well.

It's been pretty clear for quite some time, that both parties are on the same path, just different points along it.  As each day passes, that becomes more and more clear.  The only real question is what happens with all those left after the fracture on both sides is complete.  Right now those who have bailed on the GOP because of their recent turn for the worse are looking at the Democrats.  I'm not sure they realize, they are firmly on a piece of the pie that is fracturing away from the whole as well.
Yea thats why i added the "in public" part... they've certainly been feeding from the same trough for a few decades now, aside from the abortion/gay marriage social debates.

If there is any redeeming quality about Trump (and there certainly arent many) it's that he's forcing all of this toxic garbage out into the open

@jaredlholt

Maybe this is a hot take but if people being mean to you online bothers you this much, you are not suited for any kind of national leadership position.

There is a big difference between doxing/coordinated harassment/etc and politically disgruntled people venting out

Unfortunately I think this is a side effect of reporters and pundits getting most of their interaction with politics via their Twitter accounts—something I also think is a shame. Newsrooms need to send their folks out into the field a majority of the time, imo

Like please please go look a family who is struggling to stay afloat in the eyes and ask them about "online Bernie Bros" and see if that makes you feel stupid or not. See if they have any idea what you're talking about.

It sounds like we US citizens united on this. 

I see you didn't answer my question.

You lose all FFA cred.

Admit it, you wear Casio watches and go to Applebee's for happy hour.
You've asked me about my dislike for Trump previously and I answered very thoroughly. Also, my comments that you quoted in the Avenatti thread were a clear dig at Dems and the poster making them... Idk how you miss that level of sarcasm. 

Briefly to recap, I hate his budgets more than anything. Don't tell me about the greatest economy ever... We'd be running trillion dollar surpluses, not deficits if that was the case. We wouldn't need the Feds pumping the system to keep it afloat, and we wouldn't need 0% interest rates. His negotiation with China was terrible, he has basically been owned by Xi, imo. He is a terrible speaker and can't spit out 4 sentences without running out of breath. Tax cuts were a gift to those that needed it the least, those in my bracket where I am got the shaft, so in turn, he can #### himself. Really though, he isn't presidential at all. I enjoy him as an entertainer, hate him as a president. 

Bloomberg is the alpha here, you've got it backwards, he's the assassin. I'm also pretty excited about how much the democrats hate Bloomberg. The only thing he can do to completely get me to stop caring is run with Hillary, I truly hope this doesn't happen bc then I just won't even pay attention to this election. 

If you're Warren...do you get out now... "for the good of the cause"?
Probably not.  She seems finished but this race has been so tumultuous it seems worth sticking around as long as she can.  I'm not to reproduce Hillary's quote where she said she stayed in longer in 2008 in case Obama got assassinated like Bobby Kennedy.  But still, several of the top candidates are very old.  Imagine if Bernie has another heart attack and drops out tomorrow, it seems like Warren might be well-positioned to get the nomination if that were to happen.

Probably not.  She seems finished but this race has been so tumultuous it seems worth sticking around as long as she can.  I'm not to reproduce Hillary's quote where she said she stayed in longer in 2008 in case Obama got assassinated like Bobby Kennedy.  But still, several of the top candidates are very old.  Imagine if Bernie has another heart attack and drops out tomorrow, it seems like Warren might be well-positioned to get the nomination if that were to happen.
I've had the exact same thought -- not being morbid, but the guy literally just had a heart attack a few months ago, and he's not a young man.  (Warren's over 70 too, but I don't know of any health concerns with her otherwise).

I've had the exact same thought -- not being morbid, but the guy literally just had a heart attack a few months ago, and he's not a young man.  (Warren's over 70 too, but I don't know of any health concerns with her otherwise).
It’s funny how we talk a lot about Biden‘s and Bernie’s age/health but not Warren’s or Bloomberg’s. I’m not complaining or saying I don’t understand the reasons for it, it’s an just interesting commentary on changing assumptions around age. Prior to 2016 Reagan was the oldest president ever elected to his first term, and every one of these candidates is older than he was in 1980 (as is Trump).

It’s funny how we talk a lot about Biden‘s and Bernie’s age/health but not Warren’s or Bloomberg’s.
With Warren, it's partially explained by differences in actuarial life tables between males and females.

With Bloomberg, I assume it has something to do with buying blood plasma for transfusion from underprivileged juveniles.

Earned media > paid media.

Nate Silver: "Via @ClareMalone, there are currently 8 stories on the NYT politics page about Bloomberg, and 0 about Buttigieg who (i) is actually on the ballot in the next two states and (ii) is in first place in pledged delegates so far."

It’s funny how we talk a lot about Biden‘s and Bernie’s age/health but not Warren’s or Bloomberg’s. I’m not complaining or saying I don’t understand the reasons for it, it’s an just interesting commentary on changing assumptions around age. Prior to 2016 Reagan was the oldest president ever elected to his first term, and every one of these candidates is older than he was in 1980 (as is Trump).
For the age questions Bernie did have a heart attack a few months ago and Biden doesn’t look so great.

Warren looks amazing for her age and Bloomberg will get it as soon as someone perceives any age related issues IMO. He just hasn’t talked much. The little I have heard from him though he seems to have it together.

Does "will release his tax returns if elected" mean that he won't be releasing them before the election?  
In that interview, O'Brien says only that Bloomberg will release his tax returns and sell his business -- he doesn't give a time-frame for either.

In this Mother Jones article, the claim seems to be that he'll release his tax returns and put his business into a blind trust if he wins the Democratic nomination, and the trust will liquidate its assets if he wins the Presidency.

In that interview, O'Brien says only that Bloomberg will release his tax returns and sell his business -- he doesn't give a time-frame for either.

In this Mother Jones article, the claim seems to be that he'll release his tax returns and put his business into a blind trust if he wins the Democratic nomination, and the trust will liquidate its assets if he wins the Presidency.
Did Trump ever do all this?

For the age questions Bernie did have a heart attack a few months ago and Biden doesn’t look so great.

Warren looks amazing for her age and Bloomberg will get it as soon as someone perceives any age related issues IMO. He just hasn’t talked much. The little I have heard from him though he seems to have it together.
I said I understood the reasons! You didn’t have to explain it to me!  :pokey:

But yeah, I do think it’s a step forward that it’s become an issue for Bernie and Biden because of specific reasons, rather than the mere fact of their age. I think that was much less true for Dole and McCain (although they were also hurt by running against much younger opponents).

So, more from the news today which is now talking about only Bloomberg and Sanders like there is no one else in the race. Granted the Bloomberg coverage is pretty negative but I think we have learned from 2016 that no publicity is bad publicity. 

Anywho, these reporters seem to be going around and asking Bloomberg supporters why they like him above the rest of the field. The common theme seems to be because of Obama's endorsement, which stems from that misleading ad that runs every 5 minutes on every cable station with Obama in it.

A newly uncovered video shows Democratic presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg in 2019 describing transgender people as “he, she, or it” and “some guy in a dress” who enters girls locker rooms — invoking a conservative cliché as he argued that transgender rights are toxic for presidential candidates trying to reach Middle America.

And yet, Bloomberg’s campaign published a new video on Tuesday that pledged the former New York City mayor believed in “inclusivity” for “LGBTQ+ youth,” featuring fashion designer Isaac Mizrahi declaring, “Mike is so incredibly sensitive to this issue.”

Bloomberg’s sensitivity was far less apparent at a forum hosted by the Bermuda Business Development Agency on March 21, 2019, in Manhattan, where Bloomberg derided Democratic candidates for talking about transgender protections.

“If your conversation during a presidential election is about some guy wearing a dress and whether he, she, or it can go to the locker room with their daughter, that’s not a winning formula for most people,” he said.

Bloomberg made a similar remark about a “man wearing a dress” in 2016, but his comments uncovered Tuesday — remarks he made less than a year ago — came amid the early stages of the 2020 Democratic primary.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/dominicholden/michael-bloomberg-2020-transgender-comments-video?__twitter_impression=true
This guy is a mess.  

Gotta say, I was and still am a bit sympathetic to Bloomberg, and if he was the candidate I'd vote for him.

However, I think he has similar weaknesses as a candidate that Hillary had, namely, that many of the things Trump is accused of doing/being/saying, can be reasonably attributed to Bloomberg.

I'm starting to think Klobuchar and Bernie may be the best folks to beat Trump because really there's almost no overlap between them.  And I say this as someone who's not a huge fan of Bernie the candidate, but is a big Bernie the movement leader fan.

Gotta say, I was and still am a bit sympathetic to Bloomberg, and if he was the candidate I'd vote for him.

However, I think he has similar weaknesses as a candidate that Hillary had, namely, that many of the things Trump is accused of doing/being/saying, can be reasonably attributed to Bloomberg.

I'm starting to think Klobuchar and Bernie may be the best folks to beat Trump because really there's almost no overlap between them.  And I say this as someone who's not a huge fan of Bernie the candidate, but is a big Bernie the movement leader fan.
So Bloomberg saying stuff like this is ok but Trump bad, very bad man: 

https://nypost.com/2020/02/18/bloomberg-in-2011-black-and-latino-men-dont-know-how-to-behave-in-the-workplace/

OUCH.

This guy is totally done. Way too many videos of this guy going full blown racist & stupid.

Initially, I hated the idea of him spending his way to the nomination but was indifferent overall. 

After two weeks of scrutiny that is just scratching the surface, get this guy out of here. He’s Trump 2.0 but wealthier. 

Users who are viewing this thread