What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm starting Phillip Lindsay over ___________. (1 Viewer)

barackdhouse

Footballguy
As much hype as he is getting, and the fact that I've got him on so many rosters now, seemed this could be an interesting thread. 

These probably aren't super controversial, but here are a few names I'm benching for him in flex spots and in a couple RB2 spots. 

Carson, Jamaal Williams, Kerryon Johnson, Morris, maybe Hyde

Godwin, Mike Williams, Cole, maybe Brandon Marshall

one game guys....might be a bit premature, let's just see.  I think Freeman is gonna mostly be the guy, with Lindsay mixed in some games more than others.  3rd down guy for sure, but in my opinion that puts him in the same category as a lot of 3rd down pass catching backs with value dependent on game script. 

one game guys....might be a bit premature, let's just see.  I think Freeman is gonna mostly be the guy, with Lindsay mixed in some games more than others.  3rd down guy for sure, but in my opinion that puts him in the same category as a lot of 3rd down pass catching backs with value dependent on game script. 
Yeah, I don't have him in many leagues but he's on my bench.

Lindsay was the ultimate sell high. I don't think he looked great, I think the Seahawks D looked atrocious. The only thing the Seahawks D did well was the INT's but a couple of them were just really bad throws by Keenum.

I truly expect the Bears to beat the Seahawks this week and roll up 400+ yards in the process.

I haven’t seen anyone saying they are benching Melvin Gordon or Dalvin Cook for him. The guys being benched so far for him are all question marks as well.

In ppr leagues where I have him, I was planning on benching him for Morris and Duke, but playing him over the likes of Jamaal Williams and Kerryon.

I think Morris is in line for double digit touches and goal line work against a questionable defense. 

Duke should catch passes in what could become a high scoring affair.

Jamaal is going against Minnesota...no thank you.

Kerryon is in a messier situation and the situation is also unclear so I'd rather go with the player who has actually received the workload in Lindsay.

Some of you guys are making me reconsider, though I'd like to hear your reasoning behind the moves as I find that more valuable than the end result of the move you've made. 

Though it's considered minor, are there any concerns with him popping up on the injury report with a knee issue? 

Any concerns over the coach saying it's a hot hand situation, or is that viewed as a positive in your eyes? Ie an excuse for the coach to roll with him if things are going well over Royce?

Was able to pick up Lindsay for a fair amount of blind bid dollars this week.

1/2 PPR and I'm leaving him on my bench in favor of James White. (already started Mixon and Collins last night ... :X )

I'm with the "show me it wasn't a fluke" camp ... even though my gut tells me he'll get quality touches.

Marshawn Lynch, Jalen Richard, Doug Martin, Alfred Blue, De'Lance Turner, Demarco Murray.

Yeah, I'd say I'm in rebuild mode in that dynasty.

Was able to pick up Lindsay for a fair amount of blind bid dollars this week.

1/2 PPR and I'm leaving him on my bench in favor of James White. (already started Mixon and Collins last night ... :X )

I'm with the "show me it wasn't a fluke" camp ... even though my gut tells me he'll get quality touches.
What did you pay?  I spent 24% in a .5 ppr keep 2...had a little bit of buyer's remorse after going a similar route week 1 with Cohen last year.

huge over reacting to Week 1 performance .... glad to have him in a couple leagues , extremely glad I'm not in a position to have to consider starting him.

Love Lindsay , had him in CFFB , think the talent is there .... but in no way is he startable just yet.... give him another week or 2 of consistent touches to be IMO.

This might be a mistake. Enunwa was a beast last week.
My other option is to put Enunwa in the flex and move Lindsay to RB in favor of Drake or Crowell. Yeah my RBs aren't great. Peyton Barber also riding the bench. Good thing I have Michael Thomas, AJ Green, Brandin Cooks, and Ertz.

Your season is over already if you are even considering starting this guy. RIP.
Depends on league format. He’s viable in dynasty leagues, 14+ team leagues, 2+ flex spots, etc. And I’m sure plenty of owners just need a week to cover for Fournette a bad matchup or two.

16 team dynasty. Depending on Devonta Freeman's status, I may be starting him.

Other options are Buck Allen (too late obviously), Tarik Cohen, Legarrette Blount, Kerryon Johnson, Corey Grant, or Jordan Wilkins.

Might put him @ flex in a 14 team short bench redraft.   Only if rodgers is out re d adams v MIN.  TTD or Stills or Godwin.

This week should be good w OAK at home.  Freeman will lead and have the stripe, but good matchup to see what the snap / touch count is.

How many carries do people think he's going to get this week? 8-12? 15? 5? 

How many catches? 2?

It seems I'm wildly undervaluing him or people are not appreciating how hard it is to get touches in an offense. 

How many catches? 2?

It seems I'm wildly undervaluing him or people are not appreciating how hard it is to get touches in an offense. 
4 carries, 7 yards.  3 receptions, 20 yards

4 carries, 7 yards.  3 receptions, 20 yards
Against a terrible Raiders run D, he’d do more than that with 4 carries. 

I expect he’ll be in he 8-12 carry range for 40 yards, with 4-6 receptions for another 38 on top. Maybe a 50-50 shot at a TD? 

Not a bad flex start. I’d probably start Barber &!hyde over him. I could see him being a coin flip with James White, Tarik Cohen & Chris Thompson though. 

Lutherman2112 said:
I acquired Lindsay this week through waivers; dropped Ty Montgomery.

I have a choice this week at rb/wr flex: P. Lindsay, Will Fuller, Marquis Goodwin, or Rashaad Penny.

:coffee:
If Goodwin plays, that’s a no-brainer. 

How many catches? 2?

Well 15 carries last week surprised everyone. And he was mixed in with Royce from the beginning. Oakland defense is garbage. Sure seems like the Broncos won't need to change a good formula. 

That said, 15 is pie in the sky, though plausible. I'm thinking 8 to 12 with 3-5 catches. So something like 8 for 40 and 4 for 30. 11 FF. If he gets a TD or breaks a long one he might win the week. 

Seems like a decent flex play. I'm worried a bit that the Broncos smash the Raiders and it is fully a Royce show in the 2nd half. For me it's mostly which WRs do I want to start him over. 

Hyde was on my mind as a possible benching for Lindsay, for a minute, but I'm off that.

When I made the OP I should have specified PPR or PPR with TE premium - I never play standard. I forget that it even exists. So I don't know if comments on here reflect that or not.

LOCO said:
peyton barber.
Barber is better than his numbers week 1. That game was crazy from the getgo with all those deep TDs. 

In a game where Fitzmagic isn’t gonna be able to wing it 50 yards downfield, Barber should be more balanced as a runner & receiver. He’s a better play thIs week IMO.

I could be wrong, but if the Bucs wanna chance against the Eagles they’ll have to get it done with screens and an effective run game. 

Eagles are a challenge regardless but if the Bucs come out pass happy, their secondary will make them pay. 

I mean I lost Bell and McKinnon before game 1 in a couple leagues, and one of those two in several others. So starting Lindsay is definitely on my radar, even as my RB2. 

Well 15 carries last week surprised everyone. And he was mixed in with Royce from the beginning. Oakland defense is garbage. Sure seems like the Broncos won't need to change a good formula. 

That said, 15 is pie in the sky, though plausible. I'm thinking 8 to 12 with 3-5 catches. So something like 8 for 40 and 4 for 30. 11 FF. If he gets a TD or breaks a long one he might win the week. 

Seems like a decent flex play. I'm worried a bit that the Broncos smash the Raiders and it is fully a Royce show in the 2nd half. For me it's mostly which WRs do I want to start him over. 

Hyde was on my mind as a possible benching for Lindsay, for a minute, but I'm off that.
You pretty much echoed my post - almost identical projections. 

And this would seem to set up as a Royce Freeman game IMO also. Soft run defense, on the road & gassed early. 

If I were the Broncos I’d pound the rock 25 times with the big boy & take my easy win. 

Lindsey will get some touches but I’m skeptical the workload will be the same. 

You pretty much echoed my post - almost identical projections. 

And this would seem to set up as a Royce Freeman game IMO also. Soft run defense, on the road & gassed early. 

If I were the Broncos I’d pound the rock 25 times with the big boy & take my easy win. 

Lindsey will get some touches but I’m skeptical the workload will be the same. 
Yep. It was almost word for word! Yeah I just think his floor is perhaps the same as some of the other names I'm pondering, and at the moment his ceiling is much juicier than theirs. 

Also, he looked really good. So there is that.

At the same time, if they are killing the Raiders, why not spread the carries out a bit, again? Royce, Royce, Royce, pound it, pound it, pound it, then Lindsay comes in and flies past the defense for the garbage time 40 yard TD. Haha. I can see it.

Cohen I get. Hyde seems like a better play. More touches.
You might be right. Mulling it over.

Hyde has a tougher matchup (Bucs got virtually all their chunk plays through the air) & likely won’t see as much market share as DJJ.

I could see Freeman & Lindsay both getting more touches than Hyde if the Saints pull away.

I have no doubt that Freeman will sooner than later get the majority of touches. I also think Lindsay is gonna be a super efficient player with his touches due to his explosiveness. He has made play's basically every chance he has had the opportunity beginning with OTA's. There is something special about him. That being said, I think he will have some dud games mixed in with what should usually be a decent floor and some boom games.

He is a solid flex as of now. 

Users who are viewing this thread