What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Back to Fantasy Football: What are folks actually doing with Josh Gordon? (1 Viewer)

robb

Footballguy
So.....all the comments, Forum banning and judgments aside. If you have Josh Gordon, what are you going to do with his roster spot before the games start tomorrow? Or, are you waiting until next week to decide?

Holding. He's gonna go to the Pats and set the league on fire. Any place is better than CLE for him.

The Browns will go 0-15-1 this season

So.....all the comments, Forum banning and judgments aside. If you have Josh Gordon, what are you going to do with his roster spot before the games start tomorrow? Or, are you waiting until next week to decide?
I think you have to wait to see if he’s traded or if he’s picked up if released at least.

How can anyone do something other than hold right now? The picture on Gordon will be a lot more clear in 4-5 days but nobody is trading for him and dropping him now before knowing if he lands with another team isn’t wise.

Can't trade him.  You'd be a fool to drop him without knowing what happens next.

Only decision is to hold him, see which team trades for him, and what kind of opportunity he gets.  Whoever trades for him is going to be in a spot that they really need his possible production.  No way does he get cut... someone will trade for him before Monday and the Browns will take whatever they can get rather than cutting him for nothing.

Got offered ADP for him straight up about an hour ago but then the owner revoked before I could get there. Then I hear he may be traded. Gonna hold through the weekend and see what happens.

One could drop him from your roster and actually pick up a player who will score points tomorrow!
I assume you have a bench for that. No one you find off waivers at this point will score more than your bench or else you'd have added them. Seems like your best bet is to wait another day and see what happens.

Got offered ADP for him straight up about an hour ago but then the owner revoked before I could get there. Then I hear he may be traded. Gonna hold through the weekend and see what happens.
that's what i'm doing. don't want to risk him landing somewhere and actually contributing after i drop him

The Out designation makes him eligible for the IR slot in Yahoo. Slot him in there and wait for the smoke to clear, assuming your league rules don't disallow it, outside of what Yahoo allows. Already have that slot taken, here, so holding until things are more clear.

He's a hold right now.  Even if he gets traded--he's nursing an injured hammy and he'd have to learn an entire new playbook. Assuming  he went to greener pastures--we're most likely looking at a guy that will be sitting on fantasy benches for the next 2-3 weeks minimum.  He's already screwed the vast majoirty of his owners that drafted him anywhere in the first 6 rounds.   The only hope is that he becomes an effective fantasy weapon for the second half of the fantasy season--and that's looking like more of a longshot with every dumb move and action he makes.   

Don’t most leagues have an IR spot? I would just stick him there and see what happens. This obviously is a tough situation in short bench leagues. You prob spent a 3-6 round pick on him. It’s even worse than the Bell situation because there’s even more uncertainty. I think I would need someone who would contribute immediately if I were to consider dropping him. If it’s just for bench depth you’re better off just waiting to see. 

His career is probably over....as it has been essentially for years. But the 1% chance of him putting it all together and dominating the NFL again is enough to hang on and see what happens.

Don’t most leagues have an IR spot? I would just stick him there and see what happens. This obviously is a tough situation in short bench leagues. You prob spent a 3-6 round pick on him. It’s even worse than the Bell situation because there’s even more uncertainty. I think I would need someone who would contribute immediately if I were to consider dropping him. If it’s just for bench depth you’re better off just waiting to see. 
Except he's not on IR, the leagues I'm in require the player to be on their team's IR.

agreed you have to hold unless someone is willing to pay for his upside.

Except he's not on IR, the leagues I'm in require the player to be on their team's IR.

Ah bummer. We have two “IR” spots that are basically junk spots that don’t count against our roster requirements. 

Yahoo lets you IR him because he's listed as out. I just did that and he was allowed to be benched by Yahoo! Not sure which site you're on, but for Yahoo users, you can do that, apparently.  Just trynna help out here.  

Yahoo lets you IR him because he's listed as out. I just did that and he was allowed to be benched by Yahoo! Not sure which site you're on, but for Yahoo users, you can do that, apparently.  Just trynna help out here.  
MFL for almost every league. 

It's not the site really, it's the by laws that don't allow it for us.

MFL for almost every league. 

It's not the site really, it's the by laws that don't allow it for us.
Yeah, you would think that Yahoo was wrong in this instance, technically. I just was able to IR him on Yahoo per an earlier comment, that's all.  

Traded him in the middle of all the rumors yesterday for Ronald jones and a future 4th round rookie pick in a dynasty league. I’ve picked up and traded Gordon off maybe 5 time she in his career already, but something about this situation feels different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do people say this about virtually every player who is released or a free agent or has trade rumors circulating etc.?
Personally, don't see NE trading for Gordon either, or if NE does, don't see it going well.  Repeated posts on the Gordon thread state that Gordon ran wrong routes all the time, which would not fly with Brady and BB.  NE trading for Gordon would allow current Gordon owners to unload at a premium, which is what I will do.  The hype will drive Gordon's stock price up too far to not jump ship.  Just gotta remember who in your league was bidding against you on draft day.

If he gets traded elsewhere (besides NE), I will still probably try and trade.  Maybe the likes of a Corey Davis who underperfomed week one, but will likely be a target hog with Delanie Walker out for the year.

Holding. He's gonna go to the Pats and set the league on fire. Any place is better than CLE for him.

The Browns will go 0-15-1 this season
Considering NE refused to trade them Jimmy G even though their offer was better than SF’s, I doubt the Browns will turn around and trade Gordon to the Patriots. 

Not like it matters anyway. Gordon can’t stay on the field. He’s no longer worth rostering unless your league has really deep benches. 

Early betting odds for landing spots if he is released...

NE +150

GB +200

TEN +250

JAX +400

DAL +400

INDY +400

NYG +400

NYJ +500

AZ +600

SEA +600

CHI +1000

PHI +1000

SF +1200

Cleveland isn't Gordon's problem, Gordon is Gordon's problem.
Gordon, when on the field, made CLE infinitely better. They stuck with him through multiple suspensions, then have their last straw moment because he pulled a hamstring filming a hype video?

CLE should have cut ties years ago, just the way Philly did with Cris Carter. CLE could have moved on, but instead prolonged their own agony. Then they want out over something that was stupid to do, admittedly, but not something that would earn him a suspension.

Also, CLE front office are dopes. Did they really need the other owners to point out to them that instead of releasing him, he may have some trade value?

Traded him in the middle of all the rumors yesterday for Ronald jones and a future 4th round rookie pick in a dynasty league. I’ve picked up and traded Gordon off maybe 5 time she in his career already, but something about this situation feels different.
Jones, even though he doesn't look good yet, is a steal for Gordon now.

Early betting odds for landing spots if he is released...

NE +150

GB +200

TEN +250

JAX +400

DAL +400

INDY +400

NYG +400

NYJ +500

AZ +600

SEA +600

CHI +1000

PHI +1000

SF +1200
Really don't see the Titans or Packers picking him up. Nobody knows what the pats will do, but Dallas seems most likely if he's not done..

Giants picking him up would be a ticking time bomb. 

Chaka said:
Why do people say this about virtually every player who is released or a free agent or has trade rumors circulating etc.?
Please tell me who else this has applied to or perhaps stop making things up.

What am I doing? Not drafting him in any of 14 leagues because everyone saw this train wreck coming a mile away. Dump him for peanuts while you can.

JamieMurphy said:
Also, CLE front office are dopes. Did they really need the other owners to point out to them that instead of releasing him, he may have some trade value?
This. For Browns fans, that's really scary. Luckily it didn't happen earlier in the week or they would've released him instead of now possibly getting something in return.

I hope I don't offend anybody, but I believe the Hue/Dorsey combo might be the worst in the league. That said, Mayfield was a terrific pick & likely will put Cleveland on the map, but I'm guessing Hue (for sure) & Dorsey will be gone by then.

I am talking about him over on the Josh Gordon thread that you can find after searching. Or looking at the front page of the shark pool. It's the #1 'hot topic'

I am talking about him over on the Josh Gordon thread that you can find after searching. Or looking at the front page of the shark pool. It's the #1 'hot topic'
Not me, I'm getting ready to make another new thread about Josh Gordon duh

Starting today, I think the days of someone giving a 1st rd pick in trades in a dynasty league are finally over.

Users who are viewing this thread