robb

Back to Fantasy Football: What are folks actually doing with Josh Gordon?

69 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Cleveland isn't Gordon's problem, Gordon is Gordon's problem.

Gordon, when on the field, made CLE infinitely better. They stuck with him through multiple suspensions, then have their last straw moment because he pulled a hamstring filming a hype video?

CLE should have cut ties years ago, just the way Philly did with Cris Carter. CLE could have moved on, but instead prolonged their own agony. Then they want out over something that was stupid to do, admittedly, but not something that would earn him a suspension.

Also, CLE front office are dopes. Did they really need the other owners to point out to them that instead of releasing him, he may have some trade value?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, matttyl said:

Traded him in the middle of all the rumors yesterday for Ronald jones and a future 4th round rookie pick in a dynasty league. I’ve picked up and traded Gordon off maybe 5 time she in his career already, but something about this situation feels different.

Jones, even though he doesn't look good yet, is a steal for Gordon now.

47 minutes ago, Short Corner said:

Early betting odds for landing spots if he is released...

NE +150

GB +200

TEN +250

JAX +400

DAL +400

INDY +400

NYG +400

NYJ +500

AZ +600

SEA +600

CHI +1000

PHI +1000

SF +1200

Really don't see the Titans or Packers picking him up. Nobody knows what the pats will do, but Dallas seems most likely if he's not done..

Giants picking him up would be a ticking time bomb. 

Edited by -OZ-

I drafted him in all 3 of my leagues. I am ride or die. Hopefully Seattle signs him. Obviously, he is on the bench for 3-4 weeks.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Chaka said:

Why do people say this about virtually every player who is released or a free agent or has trade rumors circulating etc.?

Please tell me who else this has applied to or perhaps stop making things up.

What am I doing? Not drafting him in any of 14 leagues because everyone saw this train wreck coming a mile away. Dump him for peanuts while you can.

3 minutes ago, Donkey Derp said:

Please tell me who else this has applied to or perhaps stop making things up.

Link

...or reported.

1 person likes this

Everyone should hold or trade for Gordon.  He will lead your team to the championship this year and every year until 2099 when he goes into the HOF

2 hours ago, JamieMurphy said:

Also, CLE front office are dopes. Did they really need the other owners to point out to them that instead of releasing him, he may have some trade value?

This. For Browns fans, that's really scary. Luckily it didn't happen earlier in the week or they would've released him instead of now possibly getting something in return.

I hope I don't offend anybody, but I believe the Hue/Dorsey combo might be the worst in the league. That said, Mayfield was a terrific pick & likely will put Cleveland on the map, but I'm guessing Hue (for sure) & Dorsey will be gone by then.

Edited by Football Jones

I am talking about him over on the Josh Gordon thread that you can find after searching. Or looking at the front page of the shark pool. It's the #1 'hot topic'

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I am talking about him over on the Josh Gordon thread that you can find after searching. Or looking at the front page of the shark pool. It's the #1 'hot topic'

Not me, I'm getting ready to make another new thread about Josh Gordon duh

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, Chaka said:

Link

...or reported.

Probably a good time to stop cluttering up the thread with nonsense.  Thanks.

Starting today, I think the days of someone giving a 1st rd pick in trades in a dynasty league are finally over.

Edited by JohnnyU

10 team re-draft, with short benches, dropping for Cooper K Rams, someone dropped CK seems like a safer wr

15 minutes ago, Donkey Derp said:

Probably a good time to stop cluttering up the thread with nonsense.  Thanks.

Unpossible in a Josh Gordon thread.

Guy makes a great tying the game reception for a TD last week and the Browns are going to cut him over an injury?

Okay that 100% makes no sense at all.  What else did he do in the last 5 days?

There has to be something even more wrong with this guy than we already know.  Doubtful the Pats go after him, can't believe people think that's the #1 team they think he will go to.  In the event he does however, don't expect any production at all this year.  

Just now, Jefferson the Caregiver said:

Guy makes a great tying the game reception for a TD last week and the Browns are going to cut him over an injury?

Okay that 100% makes no sense at all.  What else did he do in the last 5 days?

There has to be something even more wrong with this guy than we already know.  Doubtful the Pats go after him, can't believe people think that's the #1 team they think he will go to.  In the event he does however, don't expect any production at all this year.  

He might be a HOF'er if the Browns could have put him in a cryogenic sleep each week and wake him on game day. 

1 person likes this

Trying to trade him for Gurley

3 minutes ago, joffer said:

Aim for the moon, but my guess is no one would give a 2nd rd pick for him in a dynasty league.  I would think the days of getting anything of value for Gordon has come and gone, but if he's traded to SF or Dallas I'm sure there are still a few suckers out there.

2 hours ago, seahawk 17 said:

I drafted him in all 3 of my leagues. I am ride or die. Hopefully Seattle signs him. Obviously, he is on the bench for 3-4 weeks.

I am also ride or die. Great phrasing for this situation.  

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, joffer said:

Irony is such a seventh-round device and you might have even suckered someone with it unless they're using fifth-found irony to your seventh. I don't know. I can't tell. Can't we all be friends?

Edited by rockaction

14 hours ago, JamieMurphy said:

Holding. He's gonna go to the Pats and set the league on fire. Any place is better than CLE for him.

The Browns will go 0-15-1 this season

I will take that bet

1 person likes this

On 9/15/2018 at 10:29 PM, Chaka said:

Why do people say this about virtually every player who is released or a free agent or has trade rumors circulating etc.?

Nice job Mr. Clutter

On 9/16/2018 at 7:53 AM, matttyl said:

Traded him in the middle of all the rumors yesterday for Ronald jones and a future 4th round rookie pick in a dynasty league. I’ve picked up and traded Gordon off maybe 5 time she in his career already, but something about this situation feels different.

I couldn't wait 48 hours, could I?

Gonna wait for him to look like a dud next week and trade some depth for him.

I put him out on the trade bait list in the league where I own him. The question will be what is someone willing to offer. I traded for him while he was suspended a couple years ago for I think a 4th round pick. I'm growing tired of carrying him on my roster.

1 person likes this

54 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

I just got two 2019 1sts for him. 

I would be happy with half of that!

1 person likes this

So what's the word this week? Go or no go?