What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hamburger -- Three toppings (1 Viewer)

damn.  this is tougher than choosing pizza toppings! 

gotta have bacon, some kind of cheese (other than that American trash), either grilled onions or mushrooms

so many other toppings/combos i like:

teriyaki, pineapple

bbq

relishes/savory jams

bearnaise

good ole patty melt

crispy onions

thousand island

slab of Hatch or poblano chile, cheddar, crispy shallots

two other cool things - both of which i've learned and tried from Triple D: make a compound butter from buffalo wing sauce and put a pat of it on a burger after you flip it; reconstitute some sun-dried tomatoes and fry em in a little egg pan til you make a patty/chip of em.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is very hard to do - 

Fried egg, bacon and cheese was my first thought.... I am also looking for breakfast food at the moment
Definitely one of mine:

1. Fried egg (sunny side up), bacon and American cheese. I’d throw mayo on too if I can. 

2. Grilled onions, A-1 and mayo. This is my five guys go to. 

3. Blue cheese (has to be crumbles, not dressing), applewood smoked bacon and ketchup.

Cheese and onions are absolutely necessary.  Going from there depends on my mood.  If I have to pick only a third I guess I’d go bacon.  

I’d never put bacon on a great hamburger.  A Wendy’s or Five Guys burger, sure. 
How are we defining a "great" hamburger?

There is not much of a distinction when it comes to chopped beef/chuck.

I'd put all burgers on a scale from 1-3 - without much distinction for burgers with the same rating.

I'd put all burgers on a scale from 1-3 - without much distinction for burgers with the same rating.
You're crazy. A good high grade, grass fed Angus burger is better than most steak of a similar price range.

Sweet onions between the bottom bun and the patty, with a dollop of flavored mustard (I prefer Beaver Sweet Hot Mustard), then a large slice of pepper jack cheese between the patty and the top bun.

You can substitute Colby, Swiss or American cheese, but no Cheddar.

This is tough, I think for me it would have to be one of these depending on my mood.

Blue Cheese/Gorgonzola

Over Easy Egg

Bacon/Chorizo

Cheese, Ketchup, and Mustard arguably should have been an included base standard, they're american classics.   <_<

On top of the above 3 must haves, tough choice to narrow it down to 3 additional: Mayo, Pickles, Tomato (yes, even with Ketchup), Onion (grilled or a slice - both are awesome), and Bacon.

I do love a good stacked burger.

My last name is not Bumstead.

ETA - I see others including a fried egg.  Yes!  I'm a recent convert.

Also a local bar adds slaw... it works well too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chester’s in San Antonio is great. Places like that, they are all over but mostly I’ve found them in the SW. Home-cooked burgers would be here too if you know what you’re doing. 

Crab, shrimp, bacon. Hold the burger
:lol:

I am not a big fan of cheesecake factory, but my mother is.  When I would occasionally meet her at a shopping center she would want to go there for lunch.  They have/had a pretty good shrimp club sandwich.

Users who are viewing this thread