What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Titans Texans game thread (1 Viewer)

Remnants of hurricane florence expected to move in later- I expect both teams to TRY to score quick then

Another reason not to play Mariota

Tyler Marz should start- been waiting years to see him. Outstanding in college statistically, awful at the combine. Can he be an NFL T?

Texans doing their get everyone going offense

Simple handoff to Miller up the middle and quick pass to wake Fuller up

penalty

then totally forced to Hopkins in traffic while Watson took a shot

2nd and 15 Miller runs wide and gets little

3rd and 12. 6 rushers on LOS two fall back, Watson tried to run but Casey got him for a sack if behind the LOS

Woodyard and Brown in nickel, Rashaan wasn't

Smart to try some voice stuff to get theTexans DL offside on first but let's be smart after that point

3rd and 7, dropped tough catch to Sharpe

4th fake punt, Byard threw to rookie S Cruik for a TD 66 yards

Henry ran well, stuffed, then bobbled a flip and didn't get going for another stuff

Lewis only came in as a blocker on third

Haven't seen Taylor

Smith lined up as a slot then shifted to normal TE spot which is Mularkeyish garbage

Woodyard great run blitz but Miller ran left for 18, Johnson did nothing and play was right to him

Nice blitz by Ryan

Jayon Brown almost gets to Watson

Garbage pass INT call. Everyone pushing and Hopkins started it, should be a let em' play scenario

I keep seeing Ellington and not Fuller but camera isn't showing bottom sideline

Watson muffed snap there, lost a bunch

Derrick Morgan got to the QB, looked too tired to get him, then too tired to chase RB but tried. He is so not healthy
Watson avoided a Casey sack and got 16. Speedy 300 pounder was able to chase him down...no one notices how fast Casey is since he caught Reggie Wayne from behind. Guy is amazing

Texans miss long FG

Not seeing Rashaan or Landry a lot. Umm spoonfeeding time is done for the rooks, get em' out there Pees

End around handoff being scored as a pass from Henry to Taylor....I don't get that
Didn't see this particular play, but for a while now teams have been running the end-around with the sweeper passing in front of rather than behind the QB.

In this arrangement, the QB "tosses" the ball to the sweeper, resulting in a forward pass.  Advantage is that a botched exchange becomes an incomplete pass rather than a fumble.

Handoff to Lewis, smashed by Watt at LOS. That's not his style, that's Henry's. Get him rolling!

Oh there it is, cute run.

Davis catch and nasty stiff arm

Pats style screen to Taylor, uses his speed for a TD. Texans were all blocked well. Spain kind of fell on a LB could have been called

Didn't see this particular play, but for a while now teams have been running the end-around with the sweeper passing in front of rather than behind the QB.

In this arrangement, the QB "tosses" the ball to the sweeper, resulting in a forward pass.  Advantage is that a botched exchange becomes an incomplete pass rather than a fumble.
Ugh, I don't like that. Thanks for the info though. Makes sense

Almost end of first, barely seen the two rook defenders and Taylor has only been in on gimmick plays

Marz has done real well but they're also not running right...maybe two times?

Texans OL stinkin' They have to adjust. Titans can send a lot of pass rushers, their weakness is guys that can cover AND rush

Texans DL isn't rushing normal when Henry is at QB. They're doing like a NT stunt where the DEs slide in. I get it, everyone stuff the middle because Henry is likely to run, but they probably do better if they play it honest

Titans playing nickel on 2nd with Compton in. (WHY!!) Texans with easy pass, wide open, and yet a clipping call costs them. 25 yard pass reverts to minus 15 yards

Watson has good time and Adoree showed his athleticism, big leap over Hopkins for INT.

HUGE deal for the 2nd year player's confidence

Watt woke up on a play there. He's battling Spain for some reason when there are better options for him to attack.

Titans drive was good, ugly, good, ugly over n over. 

Watson has good time and Adoree showed his athleticism, big leap over Hopkins for INT.

HUGE deal for the 2nd year player's confidence
Nice shot of Hopkins shoulder pads hanging out of his jersey on the slow motion replay where Jackson was yanking on his jersey.

Edit: but like the PI they did call you mentioned, should just let them play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your IDP league drafts punters, fullbacks and H-backs?
Byard is a safety.  Hope this helps.

(But yes, we do draft punters.  Fullbacks are in with RBs and H-backs would be RBs or TEs depending on their official positional designation.)

Nice shot of Hopkins shoulder pads hanging out of his jersey on the slow motion replay where Jackson was yanking on his jersey.
I didn't see but probably. Those two have been pawing at each other since the first snap. I prefer this let em' play scenario. I expect Hopkins wins plenty, just Adoree won that one

Texans offensive line is still dreadful, but Watson is getting pressure from unblocked guys regularly. Someone is not picking up assignments.

Fuller has only had short passes, expect him to go deep soon.

Watson can throw it soft and let it hang, they can still do this despite no time. 

I didn't see but probably. Those two have been pawing at each other since the first snap. I prefer this let em' play scenario. I expect Hopkins wins plenty, just Adoree won that one
agreed, was editing my post while you responded, let them play. Hopkins is definitely the type of WR that likes the physical stuff, he gives as much as he gets.

My prediction of Jennings trade to NEP looks pretty good right now. Not playing gunner, not returning, not part of those gimmick plays, and apart from group on the sideline. He returned for a TD and had a nice tackle last week

Bad bad throw to Taylor there. He can't be firing off the line and expected to reach back and catch it. Cmon Gabbert!

Ried with nice safety blitz. Gabbert ran before he grounded it, probably went outside the tackle. Yep intentional grounding

Users who are viewing this thread