What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Has anyone seen Deone Bucannon?? (1 Viewer)

sounds like he is splitting time with Hodges, it appears he played 25 out of 72 defensive snaps after last week he logged all defensive snaps, it might be the new defensive scheme and he is not fitting, keeping him on my roster as he may be trade or reposition

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like he is splitting time with Hodges, it appears he played 25 out of 72 defensive snaps after last week he logged all defensive snaps, it might be the new defensive scheme and he is not fitting, keeping him on my roster as he may be trade or reposition
Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of that. May have to bench him a week and see what happens... 

Thank you. 

Thank you very much. 

Deone Bucannon has left the building! ?
Nah, that was Vontae Davis.

Bucannon has always been a streaky producer.  I think he gambles a lot on the field.  He lack of snaps is a big red flag though.  I’m pulling him out of lineups for now.

Game book has Hodges starting the game and playing 50% of defensive snaps to Bucannon's 35%. What's more is they started in nickel. I'm no Buc owner, but if this trend continues, I may be a Hodges owner sooner than later given the time that defense will be spending on the field. 

How long can one hold onto this guy? I have had him on my team for his career and he has survived as a keep when we cut to 36 players each off season. He has been very reliable. Now I can't start him and I question if I can look at him as a keep when we cut down after the season. I think he is fast approaching my next cut when I find someone I want on the free agent wire. Ugh. He is still young enough to have a few more good seasons in him but if he isn't getting on the field he can't put up numbers.

How long can one hold onto this guy? I have had him on my team for his career and he has survived as a keep when we cut to 36 players each off season. He has been very reliable. Now I can't start him and I question if I can look at him as a keep when we cut down after the season. I think he is fast approaching my next cut when I find someone I want on the free agent wire. Ugh. He is still young enough to have a few more good seasons in him but if he isn't getting on the field he can't put up numbers.
I finally cut him.  I needed the spot and he is not producing.  Arizona is a dumpster fire this year and Bucannon is being hurt by it as well.  I would have no issue cutting him if you need the spot.

Gally said:
I finally cut him.  I needed the spot and he is not producing.  Arizona is a dumpster fire this year and Bucannon is being hurt by it as well.  I would have no issue cutting him if you need the spot.
I dropped him as well and I love the guy.  I watched the Bears game (Bears fan) and I never saw him hit the field.  Snap counts have him on the field for 1% of the plays in week 3.  What a bummer, he use to be a nice tackle guy.  But good news is the J Bynes is available so might have to grab him instead.  

Easily cuttable for redraft, but are we thinking he's a dynasty hold, or is he just done?

I honestly have no idea why his playing time is so non-existent.  Almost reminds of Jatavis Brown in recent memory...

Warhogs said:
Hes going to be on a different team next year. 

Well Steve Wilks is playing Buchanon again 48 snaps, Hodges only played one snap. going to add Deone but leaving him on the bench as Wilks defensive lineups are inconsistent

Flying Elvis said:
Lacanfora playing connect the dots and throwing some #### at the wall to see if this one sticks because if it does he can thump his chest but if it doesn't then no one will remember 2 days from now and he got the clicks he was whoring for anyway.

Did I see correctly? Back down to 4 snaps for Bucannon? 

That team is puzzling. I see they were talking about trying to trade him but that is no way to increase trade value.

Former first round pick that has put up pretty good numbers in the past and now can't even hardly get on the field yet they find him 40 snaps one week and 4 the next. I wish he would get traded or released and escape that mine field of turds known as the Arizona Cardinals.

Did I see correctly? Back down to 4 snaps for Bucannon? 

That team is puzzling. I see they were talking about trying to trade him but that is no way to increase trade value.

Former first round pick that has put up pretty good numbers in the past and now can't even hardly get on the field yet they find him 40 snaps one week and 4 the next. I wish he would get traded or released and escape that mine field of turds known as the Arizona Cardinals.
It's frustrating and seems very odd... at this point I'm just holding as a stash for 2019. His contract is up this year and it's safe to assume he'll want out of ARZ if they don't see him as a fit for ... whatever the hell it is they think they're doing. lol... Another loss, another game where they give up over 400 yards of offense, another game where they have 3 safeties on the field for the vast majority of snaps (Baker 100% / Bethea 100% / Boston 89%)... seems like smart coaching... now where'd I leave that eyeroll emoji?

Users who are viewing this thread