What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's the coincidence with all the white power hand signs? (2 Viewers)

There's a guy that does a great podcast called even more news. He broke it down pretty well where the people that do this is a mixture of actual white supremacists, stupid people getting caught up in this game, and people that do it just to troll. Who knows who was in what category but the whole thing is stupid.

For those who don't know, here is the current lexicon that the nutballs are going off of.  So, basically, any hand movement at all falls into a white power/racist/misogynist category.  

It was created by the left in an attempt to find something they could whine about, now they are being trolled on purpose.

cosjobs said:
So you are saying all of these instances are coincidental?
They are mocking low info sheep (who think okay = white supremacy because somebody on twitter said so)

It is intentional, but not in the way that you think.

They are mocking low info sheep (who think okay = white supremacy because somebody on twitter said so)

Timing is everything. Before 1925 Heil Hitler was just a hearty wave hello.

Yes it is intentional, by those sewing discord and visions of white supremacy. 

Oh, they're so clever!

History will remember them  And those who made excuses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Let's agree that you're right and the people doing this in photos and on TV, in their official capacity as Coast Guard and police are doing this just to troll people. At the very best, it shows an immense amount of immaturity and an incredible lack of common sense.

I don't doubt that most of this is just trolling, I find it unlikely that people are seriously displaying belief in white power so openly with the "okay" sign.  What I don't see is the humor in it.  Is it really that amusing to troll what you view as easily triggered people with a hand signal that has unfortunately now been mixed up with racist symbolism?  They can't come up with any other way to troll, they have to go with this?  Hell, do people need to troll at all?  Is this where we want to be, where making an intelligent argument about people being overly sensitive is a distant second to trolling them then getting a kick out of their reaction?  I agree that it is absurd that this hand sign has been conflated with racism in the first place, but to fan that flame by trolling people with it just seems incredibly juvenile, and I don't see how it makes you look superior to them at all. 

More racist "trolling" 

Fake Nike coupons for "people of color".

Aside from being blatantly racist, the coupons might actually be trying to incite violence. According to Snopes, scan the QR code on one of them—say, if you're a Nike store employee—and you'll see the following message: “This is a ROBBERY, Move slowly and put all the LARGE bills in the shoe box OR everyone DIES.”

Wait, the A O.K. sign is now problematic?  Fortunately I do not use a lot of hand gestures so I likely have not used it recently, but I might have.  Shouldn't they have to send a memo when these things change so that the innocent do not get caught up.

How about a hearty "thumbs up"?  Is that still O.K.   Is saying or typing "O.K." O.K.?  I think I need a life coach. Somebody as cheap as Rok n' Rol but as perspicacious as Evil Grin.  That may not be possible.  I think Grin might be tired of mentoring after his last experience.

Wait, the A O.K. sign is now problematic?  Fortunately I do not use a lot of hand gestures so I likely have not used it recently, but I might have.  Shouldn't they have to send a memo when these things change so that the innocent do not get caught up.

How about a hearty "thumbs up"?  Is that still O.K.   Is saying or typing "O.K." O.K.?  I think I need a life coach. Somebody as cheap as Rok n' Rol but as perspicacious as Evil Grin.  That may not be possible.  I think Grin might be tired of mentoring after his last experience.
I'm no life coach, but you can never go wrong with this hand sign. like Neopolitan ice cream, everybody's happy.

Gah. The flippin' entirety of the Internet is just incorrect. Everything's superficial and knee-jerk ... nothing is vetted or considered with nuance.
What in this case is supposed to be "vetted and considered with nuance" exactly?

What in this case is supposed to be "vetted and considered with nuance" exactly?
The origin of the so-called "white power hand sign" that probably less than 1 in 1,000 Americans recognize as a "white power hand sign" because it started out as a 4chan joke. Plus: the assumption that anytime it is seen anywhere in any context, it can only mean one thing ... the worst interpretation is always assumed.

Maladaptive social ideas shouldn't have the spread and virality that they do in the modern world. Yeah, yeah ... there's no going back -- but society is all the worse for it IMHO.

The origin of the so-called "white power hand sign" that probably less than 1 in 1,000 Americans recognize as a "white power hand sign" because it started out as a 4chan joke. Plus: the assumption that anytime it is seen anywhere in any context, it can only mean one thing ... the worst interpretation is always assumed.

Maladaptive social ideas shouldn't have the spread and virality that they do in the modern world. Yeah, yeah ... there's no going back -- but society is all the worse for it IMHO.
It's equally scummy to act like a racist POS whether you mean it as a joke or not.

I mean, what kind of person jokes about something like that?

A scumbag.

How many millions of photos out there show people flashing the “OK” sign?  And somehow a half dozen finding their way onto the internet is evidence of a white supremacist conspiracy.

Complete whack jobs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread