What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Gems - Week 2 (1 Viewer)

I am still considering grabbing Snead. As long as he can score around 10+ pts (ppr) each week he is a great backup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tavon Austin (has dual RB/WR eligibility at ESPN)
Kamar Aiken (with Wallace and Jeffrey out and Wentz back, he'll get lots of looks)

Antonio Calloway
Browns  release  Josh Gordon, he steps up.

Add, he's really-really fast.

-----------------------------------

Jordan Zirm‏Verified account @clevezirm

FollowFollow @clevezirm

per Next Gen stats, Antonio Callaway hit a top speed of 21.48 mph on that 47-yard touchdown catch. That's the third fastest top speed reached so far this season, second only to Tyreek Hill, who owns the top two spots

9:07 AM - 17 Sep 2018

K. Cole - Last year was not a fluke

G. Bernard - Mixin out 2-4 weeks

J. Brown - Flacco's deep threat plus some redzone looks per game.  Brandin Cooks lite.

A. Ekeler - Poor man's Kamara.  Has standalone value in all leagues.  RB1 if Gordon misses time.

L. Murray - Check on D. Cook's status.

S. Michel - Looks like evil Bill is ramping his 1st round pick up for more work.  Out carried Burkhead vs Jax.

A. Calloway - Boom/bust with Taylor.  Better days ahead if/when Mayfield starts.

Fizpatrick - If you're a believer of the beard.

Dalton - Might throw more with Mixon out.

J. James - Pick a TE that's not Gronk or Kelce and pray.

E. Ebron - Pick a TE that's not Gronk or Kelce and pray.

A. Hooper - Pick a TE that's not Gronk or Kelce and pray.

Corey Grant is probably the only one available in our league that I would consider but don’t have anyone to drop for him. I think if Yeldon falters and Fournette has lingering issues this kid could really blow up. But he’s even a possible flex play right now. 

Something that Yahoo's platform allows you to do is drop players who've already played as long as they were on your bench. 

Because of that, if there's any "bench players" that are droppable on your squad, it's not a terrible idea to drop them for say a Brandon Marshall, Anthony Miller, etc... to see what they can do in tonight's game. 

I plan to drop Gallup for Marshall in 1 league and see how it plays out. 

RB market is already barren. May be hoping for the impatience to kick in here soon. If Nick Chubb or Penny ends up on the wire may be worth stashing.

Looking ahead for deeper leagues:

James Washington (PIT WR)

Ito Smith (ATL RB)

Okay, we know that he's going to turn into a pumpkin at some point, but I'll throw out Ryan Fitzpatrick

Did you see what Pat Mahomes did to the Steeler secondary on Sunday?   

not an inspiring list this week. seen breida's name a couple times so far this thread.... curious what his trade value is at this point. would love to sell high as the morris timeshare isnt going away

RB market is already barren. May be hoping for the impatience to kick in here soon. If Nick Chubb or Penny ends up on the wire may be worth stashing.
Chubb on the wire in my one FFPC league. Think that’s who I’m after this week. I can see him being phased in as the season progresses and their playoff hopes dwindle. 

Speaking of the Browns, read an article on Higgins usage. He has comparable snaps and Landry and comparable targets to Callaway. Hard to imagine Cleveland being home to 3 worthwhile receivers (especially if Dez comes to town) but he’s on most wires.

Corey Clement actually got dropped in one of my leagues...but yea other than him there is not much to get excited. I own Breida and I may consider a trade at this point.

Okay, we know that he's going to turn into a pumpkin at some point, but I'll throw out Ryan Fitzpatrick

Did you see what Pat Mahomes did to the Steeler secondary on Sunday?   
Yes I would say that Ryan Fitz is a GREAT play on Monday night...     but since I said it he'll probably suck!   

On second thought there is no way he'll have a bad game against that defense -- Ryan Leaf could have a field day against the Steelers.

Corey Grant is probably the only one available in our league that I would consider but don’t have anyone to drop for him. I think if Yeldon falters and Fournette has lingering issues this kid could really blow up. But he’s even a possible flex play right now. 
You get the feeling that if he had a legit chance he could be real good. I'm probably gonna pick him up and hold as long as I can in my deeper league. It seems like they do want to get him some playing time but he won't be relevant unless Fournette misses a lot of time. I have a feeling he will be fantasy relevant at some point this year.

Malcom Brown as a deep stash is another dart I may throw. I don't know how many times I talked about picking up a capable back up on a good team and he ended up being a huge wire pick up. I like stashing these guys on the cheap now.

You get the feeling that if he had a legit chance he could be real good. I'm probably gonna pick him up and hold as long as I can in my deeper league. It seems like they do want to get him some playing time but he won't be relevant unless Fournette misses a lot of time. I have a feeling he will be fantasy relevant at some point this year.
I have #1 priority in our dynasty-ish league (keep 15 at the end of the year) and Grant is about the only thing on there. Is he worth giving up #1 priority for? It's a rolling priority so not like I won't possibly get back to #1 at some point but I haven't seen anyone worth taking since I had the position from about week 12 last season.

I have #1 priority in our dynasty-ish league (keep 15 at the end of the year) and Grant is about the only thing on there. Is he worth giving up #1 priority for? It's a rolling priority so not like I won't possibly get back to #1 at some point but I haven't seen anyone worth taking since I had the position from about week 12 last season.
I would not. It's clear JAX will be using a committee until Fournette gets back. 

I only blow waiver priority on solid PPR FLEX guys (Lindsay) or workhorse handcuffs (Chase Edmunds if DJ goes down).   

He's just someone to pick up in a deep redraft league in the hopes that the opportunity arises for more touches. I love his talent.

Tavon Austin (has dual RB/WR eligibility at ESPN)
Kamar Aiken (with Wallace and Jeffrey out and Wentz back, he'll get lots of looks)
Yuck to both.

Austin will be so inconsistent that you can't start him.  Also not sure how his RB/WR eligibility actually HELPS in this case.  Usually it helps in standard if you can use the rb/wr in the wr spot and he does mostly rb work.  Or in PPR if he's mostly a wr using him in the rb spot.  I don't think I'd ever start this guy in one of my rb spots even in ppr, nor in a wr spot in standard.

Aiken isn't really the play.  Alshon will be back soon and even if Aiken is next man up over Gibson which I doubt he will be, there is a ceiling of about 6 targets a game.

Would you use Waiver #2 on Breida?  10-team league, starts 2 RBs no flex,and I need help (I have Collins, Miller, Burkhead and Kerryon). Other positions are pretty good for me and the plan all along has been to use good waiver position for RB help after going WR/WR at the #9 draft spot. Is Breida the right person to pull the trigger on, or wait it out?  (I'm fairly comfortable I'll make the playoffs in this league, so I'd err on waiting for a difference maker rather than prioritize getting the most weeks of production.)

Would you use Waiver #2 on Breida?  10-team league, starts 2 RBs no flex,and I need help (I have Collins, Miller, Burkhead and Kerryon). Other positions are pretty good for me and the plan all along has been to use good waiver position for RB help after going WR/WR at the #9 draft spot. Is Breida the right person to pull the trigger on, or wait it out?  (I'm fairly comfortable I'll make the playoffs in this league, so I'd err on waiting for a difference maker rather than prioritize getting the most weeks of production.)
you should get Breida. IMO

Absolutely. Your RBs are eh. You must be strong at WR if you think will comfortably make the playoffs. 

Wrong.

A good number of people dropped him Saturday upon news he was going to be released.

He's out there in some leagues.
This is right. If he hadn't been such a sunk cost for me, I could see it easier to pull the trigger on releasing him.  

Users who are viewing this thread