What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL JOSH GORDON DA PATRIOT THREAD (1 Viewer)

????..... This is awesome.   The most  activity the Shark Pool has had in a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like WR joining a new team (especially mid-season) disappoint a little bit.  Any examples of WR switching teams mid-year that are successful?
I remember Braylon Edwards had one good game his first game as a Jet, then did nothing thereafter, lol.

Hope he gets high first day of assignment and is banned for life so I never have to hear about him again. 

Buuuut since that’s not gonna happen - hope he kills it. 

I agree with loompa, I think this will be a very tough transition for him...very complicated offense to learn, no training camp, and a coaching staff that doesn't seem tolerant of anyone who steps out of line.  If I had shares I would be looking to sell to someone who's optimistic.  No real details on why Gordon got let go but the little I heard in the release from the Browns didn't sound great.

honestly, surreal. 

the universe wants Josh to succeed.
The universe...

If he doesn't succeed with this great opportunity, it reminds me of this classic old joke...

A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.

Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."   The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me." So the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you." To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith." So the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety." To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith." So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"

To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

Pretty simple for me.  As long as Gordon is in the NFL and is on the field on Sundays, he will be a WR1.   He could be cut from the Patriots two weeks from now though.    i have no idea how this turns out.   

Well... We know what Gordon can do in 14 games with dog turds at QB...

What can he do in 13 games with the GOAT?

I can't even stop shaking.
You've been shaking like this for the past 5 years since that magically 2013 season. Good luck with that nasty case of the shakes.

According to several sources, Haley runs the same base offense as the Patriots so much of the terminology will be the same.  Now that said, Gordon wasn't exactly a veteran in that system

Gordon has never had a legit NFL QB throwing to him. He goes from that to having the greatest qb of all time throwing him the ball. I have to say I am a lot more optimistic about Gordon to the Patriots than most are assuming his off field issues don’t pop up again. I could see JG being a legit #1 fantasy wr after a few weeks of getting adjusted to New England’s playbook.

I agree with loompa, I think this will be a very tough transition for him...very complicated offense to learn, no training camp, and a coaching staff that doesn't seem tolerant of anyone who steps out of line.  If I had shares I would be looking to sell to someone who's optimistic.  No real details on why Gordon got let go but the little I heard in the release from the Browns didn't sound great.
I agree, lost in all the excitement is what really went down that led to his release. 

The naysayers, who are mentioning players not amounting to much when traded in season, need to realize this kid has top 5 talent at the WR position. He's headed to a team that will absolutely utilize his immense talent, so those comparisons really aren't applicable.

Trade him at your own peril.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Name one skill position player traded inseason to amount to anything
I'd have to think a bit to come up with a WR but off top of my head Eric Dickerson ran for 1,000 in about half a season with Colts.

But it's not like we have a lot of data. NFL teams don't do many in-season trades of worthwhile skill position players.

I suspect the Patriots teach him 20-25 plays to start and ease him in that way. See how he picks things up and then add more of the playbook if he picks it up. McDaniels should be able to scheme open looks for him even on simple routes.

Choo F’ng Choo

This tweet bodes well for his ability to get up to speed quickly but also fair to wonder how much of Haley's offense did he really grasp.

Scott Zolak‏Verified account @scottzolak

Btw. Todd Haley was brought up in Weis / Henning / Erhardt offense. Terminology base should be the same.

The naysayers, who are mentioning players not amounting to much when traded in season, need to realize this kid has top 5 talent at the WR position. He's headed to a team that will absolutely utilize his immense talent, so those comparisons really aren't applicable.

Trade him at your own peril.   
This isn’t 2013, the talent is not the same in 2018; sorry to burst your bubble

I'd have to think a bit to come up with a WR but off top of my head Eric Dickerson ran for 1,000 in about half a season with Colts.

But it's not like we have a lot of data. NFL teams don't do many in-season trades of worthwhile skill position players.
randy moss was a debacle when he got traded from new England to tennesee and Oakland in the same year, and ya know he could actually play

This tweet bodes well for his ability to get up to speed quickly but also fair to wonder how much of Haley's offense did he really grasp.

Scott Zolak‏Verified account @scottzolak

Btw. Todd Haley was brought up in Weis / Henning / Erhardt offense. Terminology base should be the same.
Excellent point.

Users who are viewing this thread